Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DerbyshireFox

UEFA Champions League 20/21

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appears I’m a relatively lone voice in thinking the Rudiger challenge on De Brunye was very naughty 

No not alone. He’s broken the mans eye socket and nose with a deliberate block off. If that isn’t dangerous play I don’t know what is.

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No not alone. He’s broken the mans eye socket and nose with a deliberate block off. If that isn’t dangerous play I don’t know what is.

Resident rugby bore @Finneganwill correct me if I’m wrong but I think if that had happened in the oval-shaped game Rudiger would have walked.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appears I’m a relatively lone voice in thinking the Rudiger challenge on De Brunye was very naughty 

Certainly not a lone voice. He knew exactly what he was doing and it’s frankly tantamount to gbh! Will DeBruyne miss the Euro’s now?

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Resident rugby bore @Finneganwill correct me if I’m wrong but I think if that had happened in the oval-shaped game Rudiger would have walked.

Yeah I was a bit confused about it because at first viewing at full speed I thought they'd accidentally run in to each other and clashed heads. The replays they showed were really quick from odd angles but it looked on second viewing like it wasn't the case, I'm not quite sure how Rudiger hit him but it did occur to me that if it wasn't an accident and was a foul it should have been more than yellow. 

In rugby, if they HAD accidentally run in to each other it would be considered a "rugby incident" and not penalised. 

But if it was judged that Rudiger had fouled KDB, they'd have started with a red card and looked to see if they could mitigate down. Factors usually include where the initial contact was, use of force, whether or not the hit player was heading downwards in to the tackle, etc. 

There'd have been no real mitigation for that, Rudiger just appeared to go steaming in and clatter him. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Was just thinking myself. He should’ve gone in my opinion. It was dangerous and I thought that was the rule.

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Was just thinking myself. He should’ve gone in my opinion. It was dangerous and I thought that was the rule.

I wonder how the media would have reported it had it not been 2 English teams involved?

Man City v Real Madrid for example.

Same with the James' handball.

I do feel we would have heard more about it afterwards but it didn't fit the narrative of Chelsea winning "against the odds|"

The ref generally did well but sometimes decisions get glossed over depending on the result. 

Edited by Super_horns

Just seen what the extent of De Bruyne's injury was last night after the Rudiger challenge. Shame Rudiger didn't get further punishment after it. Quite clear his intent was to block him off and in doing so, severely injured him. Absolute twat and he showed similar against us in the league game.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just seen what the extent of De Bruyne's injury was last night after the Rudiger challenge. Shame Rudiger didn't get further punishment after it. Quite clear his intent was to block him off and in doing so, severely injured him. Absolute twat and he showed similar against us in the league game.

Absolutely this.

It gets worse the more I see it, it was an absolute classic 'accidentally on purpose' body check and should have been sent off. Even if he didnt intend on injurying him, there is a possibility of injurying someone, like a challenge with studs where you arent in control but dont intend on injury.

On 30/05/2021 at 10:51, Niges Massive Hi-Tecs said:

What is it with teams all celebrating with "wacky" dances these days. It's embarrassing, without sounding like Roy Keane or Souness, these are grown men. Thinking more of social media than living the moment.

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/05/29/4222634092801471988/636x382_MP4_4222634092801471988.mp4

Congratulations Chelsea and reclaiming the crown of most despised team from Tottenham, It took some going. 

Edited by Babylon

I am a Chelsea fan and because of the fact that many of my favourite Nigerian footballer played for Leicester City I follow the foxes well. 

I am beginning to see a lot of hate and animosity towards Chelsea and most of this hate is absolutely ridiculous and sometimes laughable. Chelsea were absolutely brilliant in winning the champions league but I sense a lot of envy towards us and Chilwell, I know you gave him the required break he needed in football but he won't be a top class player playing for you( no disrespect), his stock have risen tremendously since he joined Chelsea and most of your players who wants to be top class players knows that at one point they'll have to leave to bigger clubs. How many Leicester fans do we have in Nigeria ? We are just few, but you can't imagine how many million Nigerians follow Chelsea. Inspite of all the hate or false thinking that you are a rival to Chelsea 😃, We Nigerians will still support the foxes because of Musa, Yakubu, Kelechi and Ndidi.

Wishing you the very best for the coming season and hoping you don't let the top 4 slip from your grabs like the previous seasons. 

Edited by BETIKS
Typo error

8 minutes ago, BETIKS said:

I am a Chelsea fan and because of the fact that many of my favourite Nigerian footballer played for Leicester City I follow the foxes well. 

I am beginning to see a lot of hate and animosity towards Chelsea and most of this hate is absolutely ridiculous and sometimes laughable. Chelsea were absolutely brilliant in winning the champions league but I sense a lot of envy towards us and Chilwell, I know you gave him the required break he needed in football but he won't be a top class player playing for you( no disrespect), his stock have risen tremendously since he joined Chelsea and most of your players who wants to be top class players knows that at one point they'll have to leave to bigger clubs. How many Leicester fans do we have in Nigeria ? We are just few, but you can't imagine how many million Nigerians follow Chelsea. Inspite of all the hate or false thinking that you are a rival to Chelsea 😃, We Nigerians will still support the foxes because of Musa, Yakubu, Kelechi and Ndidi.

Wishing you the very best for the coming season and hoping you don't let the top 4 slip from your grabs like the previous seasons. 

It was the same on here once Tottenham were challenging Leicester for the title. They quickly became an object to hate and ridicule at every turn by a large majority of people. 

It's not surprising though as that's what rivalry brings out in football fans. It happens with every team and every perceived rival. Its not a bad thing either, just human nature. 

13 minutes ago, BETIKS said:

Akinbiyi?