Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wilf looked like he got a late yellow for time wasting - can hope he misses a game with suspension !!

Nigeria has now QUALIFIED for the AFCON tournament (in fact, they qualified BEFORE the game, on the back of results elsewhere), and has WON their qualifying group (important for tournament seedings), so doubtful that Ndidi and Nacho will play against minnows Lesotho at home in Nigeria on Tuesday. 

Edited by NaijaFox

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sounds like Soyuncu had a belter of a game against one of the worlds top strikers these days. What a time to be alive. 

And Fofana had Mbappe and Neymar in his pocket in the French cup final, which was the reason why we signed him for so much money from Saint-Ettiene. So we have two centre backs that can both match the two players most pundits think will be duking it our for world player of the year awards when Messi and Ronaldo retire.

If we keep our squad together, the sky is the absolute limit!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Are Turkey worth a decent outside bet for the Euros?

Well I'm pretty sure we won't win the euros, but I'd still put a decent amount on Turkey and cash out if we make it to the quarter finals or even beyond (depends on the opponent then)

1 minute ago, TimT said:

Turkey is a quality side but don't have enough quality or deep bench with game changers to win a major tournament. However, a quarter final or even a semi final is a possibility. It's a difficult team to beat on their good day when Merih Demiral (Juventus), Caglar Soyuncu, and Zeki Celik (LOSC Lille) form the three positions of the back four. Hakan Calhanoglu (AC Milan) is a tremendous play maker. His corner kicks have been deadlier than his penalty or free kicks. If Zlatan Ibrahimovic stayed healthy Hakan could have assisted a dozen goals only from his corner kicks however other Milan players have been wasteful. Despite the fact Burak Yilmaz, who is 35 years old and had a hat trick against the Netherlands a few days ago, and Yusuf Yazici can be series goal threats as they have been in LOSC Lille this season, they are not top level forwards. Yilmaz is older and slower now but still is better and faster player than Cenk Tosun. In his first season in Ligue 1, he was one of the top strikers until he got injured and didn't play for months. 

Wow mate. As a Turk, I couldn't have explain better myself.

Great assessment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Nigeria has now QUALIFIED for the AFCON tournament (in fact, they qualified BEFORE the game, on the back of results elsewhere), and has WON their qualifying group (important for tournament seedings), so doubtful that Ndidi and Nacho will play against minnows Lesotho at home in Nigeria on Tuesday. 

I thought Nigeria didn't qualify.

Am I behind here?