Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Ricardo on the wing

Let's be realistic, even if he is "fit" in October time, it will still take him 2 or 3 months to fully recover after that from an ACL injury and his pace may never fully recover to the same level.

We're likely not going to be seeing the best of Ricardo until January time either way.

5 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Personally I would love Justin as our right back and Ricardo as the top winger we so want.

What happens next summer if he leaves? We're back to square one with no winger.

Keep him at RB and sign a first choice winger asap

Ricardo is one of the best all round right backs in the world. It might be that, to give him minutes on injury return, he comes on for Perez and acts as a defensive wing when we're towards the end of a game. I thought it but FT put me right on it. He started as a RW, retrained as a RB and is comfortable there. 

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come on people aren't being even half way serious here about playing Riccardo further up on the right and expecting him to play as an inverted winger on his weaker side lol

He played left back for Nice, Winger before that.... you could put the bloke in goal and he'd probably win player of the season. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

If Brendan were to adopt the 3-4-3 system anytime then Ricardo would be the wide man. Can't understand all this play him right back or nowhere nonsense.

There's a big difference playing him as a wide man in a three at the back system where defending is still important to playing him as an out and out winger with a defender behind him. We have a genuinely world class full back/wing back we should use him as one.

Nah 

Was going to leave it at that but hardly adding to the discussion is it. I think by playing him further up the pitch you take away his available space to attack. Ricardo is so good playing from deep with the space in front of him to exploit. He’s a quality right back and he will continue to be one of the best in Europe in that position when he’s back from injury. 

Edited by Manini

If we emulate last season and again fail to purchase a proper winger it’s worth a shot but maybe we could buy a winger. It’s not like we don’t have the money, or potential players are worried about being overshadowed by Gray, Albrighton and Diabate. I have a worry that Bren plans on flooding the pitch with wide wing-back in lieu of a proper winger this season, in what would either be a wonderful, or awful, plan. It would certainly give us the element of bewildered surprise.

• Like 1