Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

6 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

He’s never let us down - we need to manage our own expectations. He does the simple things well. The the right support and fans backing him, he will do a steady job for us

Jonny and Cags  are very high class defenders , among the best in Europe. We shouldn't compare Dan to them but by normal standards he is a good and reliable player. There are many of his type in the premiership and they are vital to provide a balanced squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Everyone left from the squad who lost the Community Shield back in 2016 

Yes. Armartey has always been the man left out when people speak of those left from the PL-winning side. He was a January signing, and made 5 appearances that season, so earned a medal. I felt for him when he was left out of the Schmeichel, Vardy, Albrighton, Fuchs photo after the FA cup win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yes. Armartey has always been the man left out when people speak of those left from the PL-winning side. He was a January signing, and made 5 appearances that season, so earned a medal. I felt for him when he was left out of the Schmeichel, Vardy, Albrighton, Fuchs photo after the FA cup win.

I’m sure he coped. I like Big Dan but those boys there are on another planet to him in terms of contributions to the club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Liked the look of him yesterday. He’s not at the Fofana / Soyuncu level, but he was very disciplined and solid. Ghana seem to think he’s a centre half.

Completely different level of football. 

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Liked the look of him yesterday. He’s not at the Fofana / Soyuncu level, but he was very disciplined and solid. Ghana seem to think he’s a centre half.

Ghana also rate John Paintsil and Jeff Schlupp but I get your point :P

On 08/08/2021 at 11:30, leicesterseddon said:

My worry is that Evans is going to have a very stop-start season with injuries 

Yep, I can see that being the case too. It seems to be one of those silly, niggling injuries that will flair up from time-to-time. 

6 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

who gave the ball away there to cause Rodgers to go mental? Thomas was on so guessing Nacho or Daka?

Can't see anyone giving the ball away but it looks like Ricardo gets beat high up the pitch leaving Grealish in acres of space on the left. Thought overall Ricardo had his best game since his injury though.

29 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can't see anyone giving the ball away but it looks like Ricardo gets beat high up the pitch leaving Grealish in acres of space on the left. Thought overall Ricardo had his best game since his injury though.

You might be right - I’d assumed someone had sold him short 

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

who gave the ball away there to cause Rodgers to go mental? Thomas was on so guessing Nacho or Daka?

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It was Daka in the 90th minute where he got onto the end of a long ball down the wing and tried to square it to Nacho on his own in the middle but Ake managed to throw his heel back at it, Man City pass it out and it ends up with Bernardo Silva which is where the clip starts

• Thanks 2

Confirmed yesterday what most reasonable people knew already, he's fine when he needs to defend but makes mistakes when he's got time to think about what he's doing. Traoré will cause better defenders the same problems this season.

We'll drop more points from other positions until Evans is back imo. 

• Like 4