Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

But he fidnt did he.  He is doing a good job... and it takes time to settle in... you csnt expect his second game to be perfect

I’m not basing it on the last 2 games, I’m basing it on the last 5 and a half years - he wasn’t good enough then either. A CB “doing a good job” is not one who gifts gilt edged chances to the other with unforced errors. That’s a lucky one.

10 hours ago, Rigga said:

So as long as he keeps doing it and the opposition don’t score, all is well 

Pretty much! He could spend the whole game doing the Macarena on his own in the middle of the pitch but if we keep a clean sheet then he can keep dancing!

21 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't even feel he had a bad game really, two miss placed passes and got turned by Traoré once. Not horrific.

The problem is that his mistakes could and should have cost us the game. He got away with them, but may not be so lucky in the future. With the Traore chance I felt he made two mistakes, one to give away the ball in the first place, but then when Traore was one on one with him he didn't make a challenge at all and let him run right by him. Probably scared of the red card, but I don't think he'd have got one as Soyucu was level with him.

His performance was a bit like Nathan Ake's in the Shield, who had an overall good game but made one mistake which lost the game. But Dan got away with it!

Anyway I'm not having a dig at him. We won the game, and he had lots of good moments. Despite those mistakes, I don't think he was our worst player. He's a squad player for a reason, and he's still a very useful person to have in the squad IMO.

2 hours ago, drumbeat said:

IMO, Dan's passing is perhaps the most improved aspect of his game. I've seen some calm and  confident short passes between the lines from him, passes that have made me think 'that was a bit clever'. It's the stuff they clearly work on in training and he's been doing his bit and learning/improving. As his confidence grows, he will become a better player. If I've had one major reservation about him in the past it was that he was too scared/timid on the ball.

I always think Amartey tries to do the right thing on the ball. It's just that his technique isn't quite good enough that the execution tends to be inconsistent. 

In the community shield he played several first time line breaking passes into midfield that showed he does have an eye and feel for the pass.

Amartey has filled in games and done quite well. But he's filled in far more times and messed up with silly mistakes.

I'll hold my hands up as I've always said I'm not a fan of his and I have never saw a reason for him to be a squad player at best.

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The problem is that his mistakes could and should have cost us the game. He got away with them, but may not be so lucky in the future. With the Traore chance I felt he made two mistakes, one to give away the ball in the first place, but then when Traore was one on one with him he didn't make a challenge at all and let him run right by him. Probably scared of the red card, but I don't think he'd have got one as Soyucu was level with him.

His performance was a bit like Nathan Ake's in the Shield, who had an overall good game but made one mistake which lost the game. But Dan got away with it!

Anyway I'm not having a dig at him. We won the game, and he had lots of good moments. Despite those mistakes, I don't think he was our worst player. He's a squad player for a reason, and he's still a very useful person to have in the squad IMO.

I don't disagree. His errors made me the most nervous. Tough decisions at the moment. We're not sure about Vestergaard either currently.

22 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Amartey has filled in games and done quite well. But he's filled in far more times and messed up with silly mistakes.

I'll hold my hands up as I've always said I'm not a fan of his and I have never saw a reason for him to be a squad player at best.

Name the last time a mistake of his lead to dropped points.

• Like 1

The Ghanaian won four of his five duels and made made two tackles and two clearances during his 90 minutes on the pitch. but he was also excellent with the ball at his feet. Amartey achieved a passing accuracy of 92% while completing four of his six attempted long passes.

www.footballfancast.com/leicester-city-news/daniel-amartey-jamie-vardy-leicester-city-premier-league-brendan-rodgers/amp

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The Ghanaian won four of his five duels and made made two tackles and two clearances during his 90 minutes on the pitch. but he was also excellent with the ball at his feet. Amartey achieved a passing accuracy of 92% while completing four of his six attempted long passes.

www.footballfancast.com/leicester-city-news/daniel-amartey-jamie-vardy-leicester-city-premier-league-brendan-rodgers/amp

But the passes he didn't complete were unforced ones to Wolves players inside our third. 

He wasn't awful but if we want to play it around at the back, he needs to be watching from the sidelines. Let's be honest, the pass completion is high because every pass goes to Ricardo, Soyuncu or most often, Kasper.

Those ridiculous misplaced passes that you’d shout at an U12 for doing that gave Wolves a sight of goal can hopefully be put down to first game cobwebs. They were that basic I’d hope so anyway.

Other than that I think he’s a reasonable backup, and now Leicestergaard has been signed, and gets familiar with his teammates, Big Dan will be on the bench you’d think.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 10:03, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But they didn't. What if Vardy missed that chance? What if Wolves bagged that header that was 6 yards out and it went straight into Kasper's arms? What if Amartey didn't make that block? 

The guy gets a tough enough deal here as it is without criticising him for things that didn't happen. Ffs he's filling in because Fofana and Evans are injured. It's not like he's stinking the first XI out week in week out with better options on the bench. 

That's all he is here in the squad though for - filling in! He must know that he's been a squad player for a few years so he has no excuse when he fills in and continues to mess up, whether that be as a CB, RW or DM. I'm surprised he hasn't sought to move on I really am. My opinion is that he isn't good enough as squad player let alone a first team player. 

Call that blunt or whatever you want my opinion stands. 

Edited by UHDrive

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

But the passes he didn't complete were unforced ones to Wolves players inside our third. 

He wasn't awful but if we want to play it around at the back, he needs to be watching from the sidelines. Let's be honest, the pass completion is high because every pass goes to Ricardo, Soyuncu or most often, Kasper.

If you read the link they're suggesting he was MOTM. 

If I remember correctly he made a couple of mislaid passes to midfield which put us under pressure. However that's no different to other players who have made similar errors - Soyuncu, Kasper, Ndidi, Choudhury. They have all been responsible for hospital passes, some of which have cost us goals.

I think he is a pretty solid player and he certainly looks more comfortable on the ball than he did. He's not the classiest of players but certainly not the disaster some would have you believe.

• Like 2