Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

He looks uncomfortable in possession and isn’t very good under pressure but he’s actually alright at passing. I’ve noticed it more when he’s played on the right of a 3 but he can punch a sharp pass between the lines semi-regularly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

He looks uncomfortable in possession and isn’t very good under pressure but he’s actually alright at passing. I’ve noticed it more when he’s played on the right of a 3 but he can punch a sharp pass between the lines semi-regularly.

His pass through the inside right channel for Vardy in the second half was comfortably our best pass of the game (low bar admittedly).

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pass to someone else than Soyuncu please. Evans or Fofana would have found a midfielder or a marauding full backs more often. Amartey as a CB somehow manages to make so many backward passes. 

Both Evans & Fofana and Ndidi have presented passes,including having backpasses intercepted...

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Pass to someone else than Soyuncu please. Evans or Fofana would have found a midfielder or a marauding full backs more often. Amartey as a CB somehow manages to make so many backward passes. 

I think he's working to the rules. His passing is one area where he has definitely improved but I think he's instructed to play safe. Only make the pass if  sure. I think Dan maybe struggles with confidence, doesn't back himself enough, so will perhaps opt to play the easy ball. I think he can pass, and has shown it, but he's doing what he's been told.

Personally, I think Dan was about the only plus from last night. He's doing enough these days to warrant his place. And that surge forward and pass for Vardy was a sign of what he can do when he backs himself.

Solid performance from Dan last night and loved his Fofana-like gallop into their half where he played a very decent ball down the channel.

I do wish him and Soy would stick two fingers up to Rodgers and hit the channels more when there's clearly no pass on.

• Like 3

he amount of times last night Tielemans wated for Antonio to move then followed him when Dan had the ball not giving him as pass was shocking the few times he didn't and gave Dan a pass he got the ball turned and went forward felt bad for Dan, it seemed no one other than him was willing to actually try and take the ball, even Soyuncu didn't try to pass forward

• Like 2

Amartey has become the new fall guy for Leicester. A match last night where 8 players were utter dogshite (Barnes, Vardy, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Maddison, Thomas and Perez) but everyone just instantly blames Amartey perhaps because he's not fashionable or didn't cost £30 million....wasn't supposed to play CB...was a Puel signing...I don't know.....its like our fanbase love a scapegoat.....Demarai Gray was one and look how well he's doing now

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Amartey has become the new fall guy for Leicester. A match last night where 8 players were utter dogshite (Barnes, Vardy, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Maddison, Thomas and Perez) but everyone just instantly blames Amartey perhaps because he's not fashionable or didn't cost £30 million....wasn't supposed to play CB...was a Puel signing...I don't know.....its like our fanbase love a scapegoat.....Demarai Gray was one and look how well he's doing now

You can't win with Leicester fans. Perez 'only gets criticised because of his £30m price tag. Amartey get criticised because he wasn't expensive! 😄 

12 hours ago, tickler28 said:

I see this very differently.

I think Amartey has become almost a cult figure amongst the FT faithful and is defended to the hilt, by many

Personally I shudder if he’s in the first 11 but absolutely Cags was our worst CB against West Ham

I predict if we have to go long with the pair of them playing together in a back four, we’ll concede lots of goals.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Amartey has become almost a cult figure amongst the FT faithful and is defended to the hilt, by many

Personally I shudder if he’s in the first 11 but absolutely Cags was our worst CB against West Ham

I predict if we have to go long with the pair of them playing together in a back four, we’ll concede lots of goals.

Fans alway love a committed player.  Man utd fans love keane in a way that they dont love beckham.

Dan is a good defender and a reasonable CB.  Not world class. I hope others will return to fitness... in the meantime we have to hope cags and dan get tighter together 

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I absolutely agree with you re the Cags/Amartey partnership. Its probably nothing to do with either individually but as a pairing....in the Premier League....with aspirations of top 6.....not happening 

• Like 2

On 24/08/2021 at 11:54, filbertway said:

Solid performance from Dan last night and loved his Fofana-like gallop into their half where he played a very decent ball down the channel.

I do wish him and Soy would stick two fingers up to Rodgers and hit the channels more when there's clearly no pass on.

I disagree. The more I think about it, the more I wish the pair of them had stuck to their guns in the first half and pass it between themselves all fcking day and wait for West Ham to break their fckig shape. 

They were the home team. Fck them. We'll play it between amartey and cags all fcking day and get a 0-0 til west ham.crowd started having a go.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I disagree. The more I think about it, the more I wish the pair of them had stuck to their guns in the first half and pass it between themselves all fcking day and wait for West Ham to break their fckig shape. 

They were the home team. Fck them. We'll play it between amartey and cags all fcking day and get a 0-0 til west ham.crowd started having a go.

lol me and my dad did say itd be cool if they did a Neil Lennon and just sat on the ball haha

It's all about perspective is the way I see it. If we are to move on as a club with all the promise we've shown of 'almost' clinching that champions league spot and finishing in the top 4 we have to progress in every way and that includes the players we have. Big Dan has served us well in parts in the past but he's not cut out to be an A-team player just isn't period. I've seen too many careless passes and clueless thinking which leads to him being bit in the arse as a direct consequence because he doesnt have the pace to recover from his mistake. I do agree many of our players were well off the mark. We had more fight and grit in our 2015/16 season against the hammers where we fought fire with fire. Remember our Leo?

25 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It's all about perspective is the way I see it. If we are to move on as a club with all the promise we've shown of 'almost' clinching that champions league spot and finishing in the top 4 we have to progress in every way and that includes the players we have. Big Dan has served us well in parts in the past but he's not cut out to be an A-team player just isn't period. I've seen too many careless passes and clueless thinking which leads to him being bit in the arse as a direct consequence because he doesnt have the pace to recover from his mistake. I do agree many of our players were well off the mark. We had more fight and grit in our 2015/16 season against the hammers where we fought fire with fire. Remember our Leo?

He doesn't have the what now?