Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Rico Henry

Not a strong link, but a couple of tabloids saying we might be going for Brentfords left back Rico Henry.

Seems more like we need a left back, and they have thrown Rico Henry’s name in the hat.

Edited by dayday

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Happy with this or Lewis really. 

I feel we’ve signed Castagne to

improve depth, not to replace Chilwell 🙂 fully expect to see a new LB, CB & Winger in the coming days.

Any new LB I’d have thought will be a kid to allow Thomas out on loan but I can’t see it.

We have to sign a new CB and I think that will happen but maybe not this week.

I pray we sign a winger a quality creative left footed right winger but hey, not seeing it yet!

Our preparations this season due To Covid and players being twats and the international break and our slow transfer window has been woeful. I feel sorry for the hand BR has been dealt. We always say with managers they need their own window and a pre-season or two before being judged... well he’s not had that. He’s been an U23’s coach for the past month. That said in the future that may turn out to be a good thing getting his insight and input into their development... 

Hopefully we’ll pick up some points over the first few games but fielding a first choice decent Leicester XI is 6-7 weeks away from now and dependent on at least one quality transfer move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Would be happy with this. A good left back with the potential to grow. The man is rapid.

He had a bad injury a season or two ago didn’t he which stalled him a bit I think? But it would be good to get Thomas in the championship on loan playing regularly, part of the deal, perhaps.

2 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Only when on holiday innit 

Here we go..... Guaranteed lots of clean sheets?

Edited by mozartfox

44 minutes ago, Nick said:

Any new LB I’d have thought will be a kid to allow Thomas out on loan but I can’t see it.

We have to sign a new CB and I think that will happen but maybe not this week.

I pray we sign a winger a quality creative left footed right winger but hey, not seeing it yet!

Our preparations this season due To Covid and players being twats and the international break and our slow transfer window has been woeful. I feel sorry for the hand BR has been dealt. We always say with managers they need their own window and a pre-season or two before being judged... well he’s not had that. He’s been an U23’s coach for the past month. That said in the future that may turn out to be a good thing getting his insight and input into their development... 

Hopefully we’ll pick up some points over the first few games but fielding a first choice decent Leicester XI is 6-7 weeks away from now and dependent on at least one quality transfer move.

It was a little alarming to view social media and watch fans having a meltdown about our pre-season preparations. Yes, it hasn't been helpful for a number of players being unavailable due to quarantine misdemeanours, we're obviously still struggling with a couple of key players out with injury still. Yet... We are not alone in the league in our poor match-readiness. Aside from about one or two teams that have not had to bring in many players, and are mainly trying to get match fit, the vast majority of the teams going into the season are simply not ready. It means (as you pointed out) 6-7 weeks of poor performances, disjointed team selections, lack of match fitness, and teams with influxes of new players transitioning and getting to know each other.

If we are aiming to play a particular tactical shape and formation this season, and haven't acquired the players to do so quite yet (or are unavailable due to injury), then fans and supporters need to temper their expectations for the first couple of months as it's going to be disjointed, players are not fully fit, and we'll have to adapt until we have the players available and ready to play our desired and primary tactical formation.

Is it possible to purchase some patience or lower expectation in the transfer window for our fanbase?

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 3

Just now, sphericalfox said:

It was a little alarming to view social media and watch fans having a meltdown about our pre-season preparations. Yes, it hasn't been helpful for a number of players being unavailable due to quarantine misdemeanours, we're obviously still struggling with a couple of key players out with injury still. Yet... We are not alone in the league in our poor match-readiness. Aside from about one or two teams that have not had to bring in many players, and are mainly trying to get match fit, the vast majority of the teams going into the season are simply not ready. It means (as you pointed out) 6-7 weeks of poor performances, disjointed team selections, lack of match fitness, and teams with influxes of new players transitioning and getting to know each other.

If we are aiming to play a particular tactical shape and formation this season, and haven't acquired the players to do so quite yet (or are unavailable due to injury), then fans and supporters need to temper their expectations for the first couple of months as it's going to disjointed, players are not fully fit, and we'll have to adapt until we have the players available and ready to play our desired and primary tactical formation.

Is it possible to purchase some patience or lower expectation in the transfer window for our fanbase?

Don't be ridiculous! :P

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

If we are aiming to play a particular tactical shape and formation this season, and haven't acquired the players to do so quite yet (or are unavailable due to injury), then fans and supporters need to temper their expectations for the first couple of months as it's going to be disjointed, players are not fully fit, and we'll have to adapt until we have the players available and ready to play our desired and primary tactical formation.

It social media mate, don’t expect too much intelligence.

3 hours ago, dayday said:

Not a strong link, but a couple of tabloids saying we might be going for Brentfords left back Rico Henry.

Seems more like we need a left back, and they have thrown Rico Henry’s name in the hat.

We tried to sign him a couple of times, may still be on Congerton’s “list”. Either that or lazy journalism. Looked a good player any time I’ve watched him tbh.

20 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Happy with this or Lewis really. 

I feel we’ve signed Castagne to

improve depth, not to replace Chilwell 🙂 fully expect to see a new LB, CB & Winger in the coming days.

If we sign a left back then Castagne was an unnecessary purchase this summer. You don't need Ricardo, Justin and Castagne to play right back.