Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Homeboy can score and he is great at holding up the ball, there is no doubt about that. It seems to be a mental thing for him, he’s a bit of a loose cannon. 

Last season against Gremio, he knocked in a penalty and then seemed to decide he completely over playing in the game in the second half, so he got into it with the ref, won himself two quick yellows and plenty of time to make it to his dinner reservations or whatever he had planned that night. 

He also got a red card in the Libertadores final but not before he scored two goals in an incredible finish to that game. 

Absolutely fascinating 10 minutes of football that was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Give it time Aranguiz will be linked as well before the window closes

There's a Nicky Maynard joke in there somewhere:ph34r:

Thought we'd been linked with this guy before when I saw the name, didn't hear much of him after he went to Inter, didn't even know he'd gone back to Brazil

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There's a Nicky Maynard joke in there somewhere:ph34r:

Thought we'd been linked with this guy before when I saw the name, didn't hear much of him after he went to Inter, didn't even know he'd gone back to Brazil

100 pages for that 

• Like 1

My concern is that he seems to be ridiculously one footed?...

Nearly every touch he takes seems to be with his left.

Admitted that’s only based on YouTube videos, so it’s a limited assessment. However it does seem that if you just show him onto his right foot all the time, you’ve basically nullified him?............

If that’s the case, surely it won’t take long for prem defenders to figure out how to deal with him?

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s a bit of a pretty boy and sarcastic, not dirty like Morelos but loves winding up the opposition and their fans like Vardy. 

It’d be worth signing him just to see something like this in front of the away end at Filbert Way. 😂 A fan brought a sign saying he’d score, which he spotted, and this became a thing for the rest of the season. 

78022F2D-E912-4695-A78E-3D8DBC6A9409.jpeg

Sounds like a bit of a character. It'd be nice to have a successor to Vardy in that sense at least. I bet he'd get on well with Soyuncu as well.

20 minutes ago, City1884 said:

My concern is that he seems to be ridiculously one footed?...

Nearly every touch he takes seems to be with his left.

Admitted that’s only based on YouTube videos, so it’s a limited assessment. However it does seem that if you just show him onto his right foot all the time, you’ve basically nullified him?............

If that’s the case, surely it won’t take long for prem defenders to figure out how to deal with him?

You mean like that Messi bloke?

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I remember him being terrible against Liverpool in the World Club Cup Final (I think).

Like others have said, didn’t do great in Italy / Portugal and I can’t say he’s got great close control in these videos. Seems a bit knock the ball past and run. 

He can finish though, given a chance. 

Is that Wayne Lineker?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think it’s written into the contract of every Brazilian number 9 that whilst on the field they’re a genius, off it they’re a party lunatic getting themselves into insane circumstances. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Absolutely fascinating 10 minutes of football that was.

Watched at Football Factory in NYC. Boca fans had the upstairs and Flamengo was downstairs. Had friends on both levels but I’m so glad I stayed downstairs with Flamengo NYC group— what an ending and what a party.

If the max file size were a bit larger, I’d post some of the videos of the scenes. Just rewatched some of them and I really don’t think you could ask for more (unless you’re a Boca fan!). 

5 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Don't like him look at his eyebrows. You can't trust a man with eyebrows like that.

I'm the same height and weight and also have a comprehensive set of eyebrows, sign him at all costs imo

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Jeeeez, someone’s still a little bitter that he didn’t sign for West Ham..

(the ‘journalist’ that is.. not you MarriedaLeciesterGirl)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, shailen said:

A football manager legend. If that game knows a player this would be a good signing for us. 

I remember when we signed Neil Lennon. Knew he’d be great because he was on Football Managers predecessor - Championship Manager If my old brain remembers right.