Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Gabriel Barbosa

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Another in the Tarkowski bracket of linked every window!

To be fair that probably means we are genuinely interested. It's usually the ones that come back around with us that we actually sign!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Operation Barbosa 

Well Operation Barbarossa did not work out very well for the Germans & Austrians, so likely same result for us, especially if Super Agent Anderson P is enlisted to help.

• Haha 1

He never really got to actually play any football whilst he was in Europe

In his first season at Inter Milan he played just 183 minutes in all competitions - scoring 1 goal

He was then loaned out to Benfica for half a season where he played just 164 minutes in all competitions - scoring 1 goal

He then returned to Santos for a year on loan where he played 42 games in all competitions - scoring 19 goals and 1 assist

He then joined Flamenga initially on loan and was then made permanent where he has so far played 57 games in all competitions - scoring 41 goals and 12 assists

He believes he never really got a chance at Inter Milan or Benfica, always being overlooked - https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/gabigol-i-didnt-get-a-chance-inter-or-benfica

Would be a gamble for sure, but any signing from outside the Prem is going to have some risk to it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

He was at Inter but only played 9 times (all off the bench I think) and the  had a loan with Benfica where he played once and then loans back to Brazil and re signed for Flamengo last year 

Either he couldn't cope with a move away from home and had an impact on his attitude, or he failed to live up to hype. I'm not sure he's the one.

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Can we stop saying this shit, Sport Witness are a site that covers all the foreign media and translates those sources into English articles.

The original source is a Brazilian journalist.

You lost me when you said journalist. You were doing fine until then.

3 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

You lost me when you said journalist. You were doing fine until then.

I think the guy is legit tbh

Leicester probes Gabigol's situation. 
 What the bomb promised by Andrés for October. 
 Globo becomes favorite for Libertadores games. 
 Exchange between Diogo Barbosa and Ferreira? 

Edited by chapero82
  • Thanks 1

I remember him being terrible against Liverpool in the World Club Cup Final (I think).

Like others have said, didn’t do great in Italy / Portugal and I can’t say he’s got great close control in these videos. Seems a bit knock the ball past and run. 

He can finish though, given a chance. 

Clearly he has a lot of promise but maybe wasn't ready when he was a little younger. Maybe it's been a bit of a Wilfried Zaha sort of situation.

If our scouts still think he's worth a punt, I wouldn't be against it. Brendy sometimes has a bit of a way with these mercurial talents as well, admittedly with some more so than others!

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Clearly he has a lot of promise but maybe wasn't ready when he was a little younger. Maybe it's been a bit of a Wilfried Zaha sort of situation.

If our scouts still think he's worth a punt, I wouldn't be against it. Brendy sometimes has a bit of a way with these mercurial talents as well, admittedly with some more so than others!

Homeboy can score and he is great at holding up the ball, there is no doubt about that. It seems to be a mental thing for him, he’s a bit of a loose cannon. 

Last season against Gremio, he knocked in a penalty and then seemed to decide he completely over playing in the game in the second half, so he got into it with the ref, won himself two quick yellows and plenty of time to make it to his dinner reservations or whatever he had planned that night. 

He also got a red card in the Libertadores final but not before he scored two goals in an incredible finish to that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

CLFgVvrWcAA3jOY?format=jpg&name=small

Are  you sure those are Anderson Perry’s real legs?  They look so skinny for someone who’s well built.

EDIT:

for clarification, i wasn’t trying to look at Anderson Perry’s legs, i was trying to zoom in  and read what was on that white card right next to his knee

Edited by MPH

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Homeboy can score and he is great at holding up the ball, there is no doubt about that. It seems to be a mental thing for him, he’s a bit of a loose cannon. 

Last season against Gremio, he knocked in a penalty and then seemed to decide he completely over playing in the game in the second half, so he got into it with the ref, won himself two quick yellows and plenty of time to make it to his dinner reservations or whatever he had planned that night. 

He also got a red card in the Libertadores final but not before he scored two goals in an incredible finish to that game. 

To be fair, this side maybe needs one or two nasty bastards in it. What's he like on a scale of Lineker to Morelos?