Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Harvey Barnes

If we ever get a right side attacking player it may just provide that bit of time and space he needs. Amazing what he can do being constantly  double or triple teamed.

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

I never expect him to score anymore:P but hopefully he will assist or his shot staight at the keeper will bounce back out for someone else!

Would it not be a idea to hire a striking coach to work for him on his finishing

it could only improved through hard work on the training ground.

I've every faith that it will eventually happen for him & when it does, he'll be one of the most sought after players in the PL.

He's got a few tricks, he's quick & creates a lot of chances for others.  We know how bad his shooting currently is because he finds himself in the right places at the right time to be getting those chances.

It will click for him.  I'm sure of it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

His shooting wasn’t that bad today..

- the left footed volley was right under him and on his weaker foot

- probably should have done better with his right footed effort straight at the keeper

- the right footed cutler into the far corner wasn’t too far wide and he’d done everything right up to that point

He brings so much to the team even without direct goals or assists anyway

Edited by adam95581
Addition

He's class, drives the ball forward and makes things happen. Without him we don't win either penalty. He also played a great pass for Perez.

Don't even think his misses were that bad.

First one, on his weak foot and didn't have much time to react. 

Second, took a deflection I think and wouldn't be able to get it in the corner anyway because of the defenders positioning (the follow up wasn't a good chance, no time to react).

Third, best chance he had, should be hitting the target but did very well to get inside and create the space for the shot. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I find it hard to accept his finishing will get better (even though it likely will) when it hasn't done in the 20 months he's been back with us. Why aren't the coaches working day in, day out with him? Before some bright spark says they are, I'm not having it as he hits the same spit every time which is an achievement in itself. He shoots straight down the middle, its a technique defiency at the minute which is probably exaggerated by a lack of composure which didn't faze him in the Championship.

Get a sports psychologist and a finisher coach in and this lad will be one of the best wingers in the country without doubt. He is dynamite.

you only have to look at Sterling for proof it can get better, there is hope yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Was our most creative player today. Played a lovely pass into Perez who was through on goal but tripped over the ball.

Yeah that was unforgivable from a Perez, that should have been 1-0.

Despite all of the criticism Barnes gets (most of which is warranted), he’s better than Ayoze who cost us 30m. That’s mainly because Ayoze is a far better central player, but still it shows his worth. 

We need that Mahrez replacement desperately though! A good signing there will add 10-20 goal contributions to the team across the whole season. We don’t score enough goals from open play as we should be. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

you only have to look at Sterling for proof it can get better, there is hope yet

I know, I'm not prepared to criticise him too much as the rest of his game is improving and we are lucky to have such a talent come through the academy. I just would like to see some evidence of coaching on his finishing, having a dedicated striker coach would be welcome! 

• Like 3