Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Harvey Barnes

24 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

you only have to look at Sterling for proof it can get better, there is hope yet

I still think Sterling is a poor finisher, he has just got better at getting goals from close range, and that is where Barnes needs to improve. He needs to get in six yard box more. 

If there's only ever one slight downside to his game (and again something he can work on), I wish he would square it when he gets to a very tight angle near the goal in the box. Much better option 99% of the time is to cut it back or square it. 

I know he's desperate to score but needs to make the correct decisions in that area. 

Don't mind him shooting from where he did after that where it went just wide though. Sometimes they'll curl in, other times they go just wide. 

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I still think Sterling is a poor finisher, he has just got better at getting goals from close range, and that is where Barnes needs to improve. He needs to get in six yard box more. 

I don't think his positioning is a problem with the amount of chances he gets, like today he had a chance in the six yard box and put it straight into the keepers hands  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I know, I'm not prepared to criticise him too much as the rest of his game is improving and we are lucky to have such a talent come through the academy. I just would like to see some evidence of coaching on his finishing, having a dedicated striker coach would be welcome! 

it would definitely help him, he should be taking notes from Vardy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

Barnes was so explosive and positive today - absolutely brilliant at running at teams - finishing is really poor, but if that comes off too we have a heck of a player on our hands.

Well said rooster ! I remember when he ( Kevin Russel )looked like a class player but he was also frustrating.. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Today would've been so much harder to win without him. The only player in our team (while Riccy is out) who can travel with the ball at speed. 

He pins back defences and creates space.

Yes he missed a few chances but to see him with one of the lowest scores in the ratings thread just shows you what your average fan knows about football. As a clue, it rhymes with suck Paul.

Sounds like a special from a Thai ladyboy. Might check in with Pearson Jnr, Hopper and Smith to see what they think.

10 minutes ago, sdb said:

Love him, but is he a bit of a flat track bully? Hoped he'd be more clinical now. Seems to turn it on once a game is won. 

But he was involved in basically every chance we had, including the 2 pens? Not like he did that when we were 3-0 up

Just needs to look up and show some composure with his finishing - easier said than done of course

Otherwise caused West Brom  lot of problems - of course they knew a bit about him and they looked worried every time he ran with the ball. 

Good overall just frustrating to watch sometimes

In any company or profession there are people who lack confidence in their own ability or question are they as good as others. Barnes is a relatively young lad and maybe still can't quite believe that he has made it at a top Premier League club and looks at the players around him and has some doubts about the company he is in. I'm convinced this lad will play at the highest level in 2 or 3 years time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mark said:

Basically got two assists today with his driving runs forward, the ratings topic shows he doesn't get enough credit for it.

Very few players in the entire league got more assists than Barnes last year. Think it was just De Bruyne, Silva and TAA? If any more than that, not many. 

And he doesn't take our set pieces. 

Nobody can deny he needs to work on his finishing though. He's got the skill just not the confidence. Seems to just bottle it in front of goal and whack it without thinking. Desperately needs a good coach to grab him and properly work on it with him. 

You'd kinda hope Vardy could help steer him in the right direction. But who knows, if it's all in his head then it might just take time. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Very few players in the entire league got more assists than Barnes last year. Think it was just De Bruyne, Silva and TAA? If any more than that, not many. 

And he doesn't take our set pieces. 

Nobody can deny he needs to work on his finishing though. He's got the skill just not the confidence. Seems to just bottle it in front of goal and whack it without thinking. Desperately needs a good coach to grab him and properly work on it with him. 

You'd kinda hope Vardy could help steer him in the right direction. But who knows, if it's all in his head then it might just take time. 

Sports psychologist might be the golden ticket as well for the lad, I'm going to message him.

• Haha 1