Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Harvey Barnes

Just now, splinterdream said:

You could see with one of his shots today, right position, right angle but hit the ball with the wrong part of his foot hence it went wide. We need the best coach with this lad in front of the nets and he'll be world class imo

He needs Vardy to tutor him and we've got a 15/20 goal a season winger. Barnes has got everything to be that. 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

He needs Vardy to tutor him and we've got a 15/20 goal a season winger. Barnes has got everything to be that. 

I'd say that all depends if vardy is a decent coach really, I'm sure they must practice together, we know this is where Barnes knows himself he needs to improve and as gas been said on earlier post, he might be snatching at chances, still practice is where its at as vardy is a prime example

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Good analysis of him on MOTD, they've regularly raved about him. Interesting Chapman asking what coaching might be needed to get him to that next level, it's probably just a matter of time.

What a rapid beast he is though, frightening.

He's deceptively so quick, his legs don't look like they're gunning it but he puts serious ground between himself and defenders

• Like 2

Just now, Stadt said:

He's deceptively so quick, his legs don't look like they're gunning it but he puts serious ground between himself and defenders

I swear he has got quicker and his turns and dribbling are almost Michael Owenesque when he was blazing full pelt. Thats why I think he has the capabilities of improving the final touches he needs (better first touch snd finishing). When he does he is going to be astonishing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I swear he has got quicker and his turns and dribbling are almost Michael Owenesque when he was blazing full pelt. Thats why I think he has the capabilities of improving the final touches he needs (better first touch snd finishing). When he does he is going to be astonishing.

Yes, agreed. Harvey is going to be absolutely brilliant when he gets it all together. Wouldn't rule out him playing for a Man City, Real Madrid, Bayern etc etc. He has all the talent in the world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I find it hard to accept his finishing will get better (even though it likely will) when it hasn't done in the 20 months he's been back with us. Why aren't the coaches working day in, day out with him? Before some bright spark says they are, I'm not having it as he hits the same spot every time which is an achievement in itself. He shoots straight down the middle, its a technique defiency at the minute which is probably exaggerated by a lack of composure which didn't faze him in the Championship.

Get a sports psychologist and a finisher coach in and this lad will be one of the best wingers in the country without doubt. He is dynamite.

..I have said exactly the same!!!

He was not fazed in the Championship and had the belief and composure to finish.

He is going through the motions in respect of his finishing as he lacks the confidence to steer the ball instead of snatching and using power.

As for the remarks about coaching I totally agree, when a player keeps doing the same thing over and over, he should be pulled up and the problem addressed. Gray should have been pulled to one side to improve his all round game long ago, but after four years, it looks like no-one bothered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I have said exactly the same!!!

He was not fazed in the Championship and had the belief and composure to finish.

He is going through the motions in respect of his finishing as he lacks the confidence to steer the ball instead of snatching and using power.

As for the remarks about coaching I totally agree, when a player keeps doing the same thing over and over, he should be pulled up and the problem addressed. Gray should have been pulled to one side to improve his all round game long ago, but after four years, it looks like no-one bothered.

Agree, except that I think Gray improved and Puel was big on turning Gray into a forward. Maybe he had a point.

It's obviously his technique that lets him down in crucial situations. But I love that he's not afraid to try and try again. There can't be many opposition defenders who relish a race with Barnes.

I think he'll progress a lot this season. Last season was his first full season at this level and he's pretty much a starter every game. He's obviously our biggest asset when counterattacking and I'm confident Rodgers and the coaching staff will get the best out of him.

Fantastic player, but will never be a top finisher regardless of all the talk of coaching. I’m not criticising him, I rate him and I’m sure the lad will have a great career.
He just doesn’t have the instinctive finishing ability of a goal scorer. Not too dissimilar to Sterling, who in fairness despite missing loads of chances always does get goals eventually.

A very good display yesterday. His best performance since Villa in March. 

He ought to have got a goal but the play that led to the penalty was as good as an assist really. If he can contribute moments like that outside of scoring then you'd be reasonably happy with his progress. Hopefully he can net 10 or more goals this season.

• Like 1

The bbc have picked up on the problem now, but its kind of be careful what you wish for, he kept making these chances start of last season, then he started vanishing from games and you wouldnt think he was on the pitch, so it is a step forward he is at least making the chances again now.  

I agree with another poster we could benefit from a shooting coach at the club, someone like Phillips again.

Given that the club aren't going to buy a swarm of talented players in every position surely there should be a ton of focus on Barnes to sharpen him up and make him the player we all know he can be? The weapons he has are priceless but he has to finish his chances no ifs and buts. The team relies on him to put his fair share away just as they rely on vardy up top. The conversation rate MUST go up. Its not like he's not capable so I don't believe in the argument that he doesn't have that skill. We saw it in a few games last season that he can deliver. Something is not clicking and hopefully our coaches will figure it out. What a great problem they have cuz if they help him then wow what an achievement. At the end of the day we need goals from all areas of the pitch. It means all the difference at the end if the season as demonstrated by what happened a few months ago.