Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Harvey Barnes

On 21/09/2020 at 09:21, lcfc sheff said:

Hopefully he can get an England call up this year, think he’d offer a refreshing change 

you want him tapped up and been poached then?

The best of both worlds he becomes a great player, but is also not in the England squad, the moment he becomes a regular squad member for them, is the year before he leaves.

Chilwell even admitted his head was turned in the England squad.

52 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Thing is if other teams concentrate  on Barnes more it will surely free up Vardy . Same if we have Cangiz on the other side hopefully causing havoc. 

It is already happening, Vardy was unmarked on a few of his runs, but Barnes never passed to him.  That improved decision making hopefully he learns as he gets more experience.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

you want him tapped up and been poached then?

The best of both worlds he becomes a great player, but is also not in the England squad, the moment he becomes a regular squad member for them, is the year before he leaves.

Chilwell even admitted his head was turned in the England squad.

never seen that chilwell thing before

I believe this lad will go on to either be our captain and top scorer for a few seasons or be sold on at a massive amount. He seems to be learning from week to week/month to month. His decision making is getting better. Once he realises how good he is and how his direct approach is helping us take a massive step forwards he will get even better. 

As others have said, we need to keep him away from the England set up that will coach out of him what he's good at (I think the players from the lesser teams get picked and coached away from their natural game to help the top teams players stay ahead - obviously I have no proof of this just a thought I have).

17 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

he is looking better now, but I wish he would not always shoot as on a fair few occasions there was vardy in a great position to be passed to.

In fairness he's shown he has the vision and ability to pick out passes to other players, I think he's being instructed to shoot more and be more greedy. Maybe once he starts to score consistently in the PL he'll look for the pass more often.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Southgate won't pick Barnes because he comes across as too timid off the field, but then won't pick Grealish or Maddison because of their egos... the words I prefer to use as the excuse for not picking all is somewhere between snobbery and stupidity.

He won't pick the three players you mentioned because they're creative.

Southgate is a manager who plays two holding midfielders and one up front against the likes of Andorra.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Southgate won't pick Barnes because he comes across as too timid off the field, but then won't pick Grealish or Maddison because of their egos... the words I prefer to use as the excuse for not picking all is somewhere between snobbery and stupidity.

His interview on the BBC  he came across as quite confident and well spoken . Watching the tunnel cam seemed like he was having a long discussion with Soyuncu about tactics and seemed far from meek ..Maybe he's not flashy but I dont think he's timid.

Southgate is an elitist privk that plays shit football. He plays Dross Brakley in front of Maddison and Grealish his bias couldn't be clearer. The sooner he gets found out the better. Barnes won't make it into the England squad without leaving us I'm afraid.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Southgate is the FAs perfect yes man.  

He'll be in the job for years to come. 

Media run the England job more than the FA - one terrible tournament and he’ll be gone. But I get what you say about him being a good fit for the FA.

On 23/09/2020 at 10:38, Fightforever said:

Southgate is an elitist privk that plays shit football. He plays Dross Brakley in front of Maddison and Grealish his bias couldn't be clearer. The sooner he gets found out the better. Barnes won't make it into the England squad without leaving us I'm afraid.

Both good things for our club, we keep both players longer if they not playing for England.

He’s enjoying his football now and he was chuffed to bits with his MOTM. He’s spg average is back up to its usual high, he’s benefiting from a new LB partnership and he’s hitting the target. He will be one of the biggest stars for us this season.

On 23/09/2020 at 10:31, Fox92 said:

He won't pick the three players you mentioned because they're creative.

Southgate is a manager who plays two holding midfielders and one up front against the likes of Andorra.

Southgate is up there with one of the biggest frauds. He’s living off the fact we get to a World Cup semi because it sounds good on paper.
In reality we scraped past a poor Tunisia side, Just about fell over the line vs Columbia and then lost to anyone decent. Belgium showed how average we are when anyone good plays us and Croatia were there to be beaten if we had a good manager in charge. 1-0 up and Southgate was clueless. Just leaves Kane on despite being immobile(I’d argue Kane has never recovered from that World Cup, his injury’s and being over played have made him past his best already at 27).

He also persists with one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen in Pickford and neglected Vardy ridiculously when he could if freshened up our attack when Kane could barely move. Southgate is a clueless mug and the quicker he’s sacked the better, although to be honest, I couldn’t care less for England anymore.

Barnes is better off out of there. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Southgate is up there with one of the biggest frauds. He’s living off the fact we get to a World Cup semi because it sounds good on paper.
In reality we scraped past a poor Tunisia side, Just about fell over the line vs Columbia and then lost to anyone decent. Belgium showed how average we are when anyone good plays us and Croatia were there to be beaten if we had a good manager in charge. 1-0 up and Southgate was clueless. Just leaves Kane on despite being immobile(I’d argue Kane has never recovered from that World Cup, his injury’s and being over played have made him past his best already at 27).

He also persists with one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen in Pickford and neglected Vardy ridiculously when he could if freshened up our attack when Kane could barely move. Southgate is a clueless mug and the quicker he’s sacked the better, although to be honest, I couldn’t care less for England anymore.

Barnes is better off out of there. 

I'm not sure how him and Boothroyd have somehow got into the England set up. Both poor managers but at least Boothroyd overachieved with Watford and got them up when he was younger. Aside from that they've both done fvck all in club management, Southgate was manager of Middlesbrough when they went down wasn't he?

Southgate is just another over defensive manager. Similar mould of Hodgson but at least Hodgson's had a decent club career. I find England boring to watch but like I said we play smaller nations we should batter and he insists on playing Kane up top alone and two defensive midfielders. When Vardy went to Euro 2016, he should have played up front with Kane. Both players had scored 20+ in the Premier League that season.

I don't blame Vardy for packing in because he was rarely picked, and rarely in his main position. I don't really blame any player for doing it. I imagine it's a come down for players at top clubs to be managed by the likes of Pep and Klopp every day but then have turn up to England to get managed by Southgate.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not sure how him and Boothroyd have somehow got into the England set up. Both poor managers but at least Boothroyd overachieved with Watford and got them up when he was younger. Aside from that they've both done fvck all in club management, Southgate was manager of Middlesbrough when they went down wasn't he?

Southgate is just another over defensive manager. Similar mould of Hodgson but at least Hodgson's had a decent club career. I find England boring to watch but like I said we play smaller nations we should batter and he insists on playing Kane up top alone and two defensive midfielders. When Vardy went to Euro 2016, he should have played up front with Kane. Both players had scored 20+ in the Premier League that season.

I don't blame Vardy for packing in because he was rarely picked, and rarely in his main position. I don't really blame any player for doing it. I imagine it's a come down for players at top clubs to be managed by the likes of Pep and Klopp every day but then have turn up to England to get managed by Southgate.

Yeah Boothroyd at least got Watford up in 05/06. What’s Southgate done? Yeah relegated with Boro in 08/09 with a team that probably was good enough to stay up, Tuncay and Alfonso Alves and Downing in his prime was a good enough team and he underachieved as usual by his poor defensive style.
He also should of used Vardy more in 2018, again on the back of Vardy scoring 20 goals in 17/18. I’d even argue Vardy was at his best in that season, yes 15/16 he was raw and unbelievable fitness pace and power, but 17/18 he became a better player and to get 20 prem goals in that team is quite incredible really. If we played him with Kane we’d of got to the final for sure.

I agree I don’t blame him for packing it in too, he got treated appallingly really, to be fair by hodgson as well. Will never forget that Iceland game! If any game was crying out for Vardy that was it. 
Southgate is just a clueless moron, he literally has no idea it’s embarrassing. I’d rather have some guy in the pub in charge over him.

On 22/09/2020 at 16:41, pmcla26 said:

Snobidity?

• Like 1

On 23/09/2020 at 09:56, eblair said:

never seen that chilwell thing before

He said in an interview that in October or November last year he was asking the other lads what Chelsea was like and how good it is to play there etc. I guess it could have just been general chit chat, but there were rumours about him wanting out not long after that.