Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

The sort of signing that doesn't spell the end for any of our current crop of wingers, IMO.

Gray is the quickest of the bunch and the best off the bench.

Barnes the best left-sided option.

Perez is a decent utility player to offer cover more centrally (where we all hope he'll play more often) or wide.

Albrighton will be a decent fourth/fifth choice for cups.

Can't see any more signings across the front line after this unless someone comes in for Gray or Iheanacho, which leaves us to get a CB and possibly one more creative player in and we'll be about there.

GK (3): Schmeichel/Ward/Jakupovic

FB (4): Ricardo, Castagne, Justin, Fuchs (+ Thomas)

CB (4): Evans, Soyuncu, CB, Morgan

MF (7): Ndidi, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, AM

WI (4): Under, Barnes, Gray, Albrighton

FW (3): Vardy, Iheanacho, Perez

Evolution not revolution.

• Like 1

I'm always a bit wary of players who are moving downwards  or sideways and the selling club is more than happy to deal. 

I much prefer leaning on a smaller/less prestigious club for their best player. With the likes of Maddison Norwich knew they had to sell and the likes of Fofana our bid is hostile and the selling club are fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

There are always exceptions but to paraphrase Groucho Marx I don't want to join a club that would have me as a member.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Done deal! Cengiz #Under to #Leicester from #ASRoma on loan (€3M) with obligation to buy (€25M). The turkish winger will sign a contract until 2025 (€3,5M/year). Deal completed by the agent Fali Ramadani and the intermediary Paolo Busardò. #transfers #LCFC

lol didn’t know Ramadani was still allowed to do business! 

• Haha 1

View points from Roma fans:

I personally am very sorry, we will talk about it in June when, in my opinion, it will have gone at least in double figures.

We sold the two players who saw the goal better, Kolarov and Under, oh well ...
The Serbian was certain and I agree, but after the injury of Zaniolo Under he could have been very comfortable.
At this point it is to be hoped that Perez is stronger, or that Pedro has a big impact with the Serie-A.

He can also score 30 goals but in Rome he was now burned, often adding his own. Moreover, with the 3-4-2-1 he would not even have had space. Right to sell it above all for 30 million, it has potential but cannot express it here

23 years old, has he been in Rome for how long, 3 seasons? Too many injuries and discontinuities, in my opinion the potential has it as well and I think even more than Kluivert but better monetize now than risk selling it even less waiting for it again.

This is strong, it has already proved it.
Now he is out of shape, but in flashes he always shows some lightning.
He is someone who does not cincischia, points the door and shoots, and how he shoots ...
Of course, those who like Pastore and Patches players will hardly like Cengiz,
I say it without controversy, they play a kind of football at the antipodes.

His transfer would not make me hot or cold, he has not shown that he has adapted to Serie A and to the coach's schemes, who are inconstant and often injured. Carles Perez I see it much better. With the spaces left by the teams in the Premier, he can have his say

The figures are good if they are not linked to any achievement of objectives (x the obligation), sorry because he hinted at great potential that however he was unable to pull out here, I wish him to do so at Leicester.

It ends at liverpool within two seasons

Ao to me, I'm a player, I rode to lose him like this.
With a coach who knows how to value him, in my opinion, he makes holes.
He certainly had physical problems, but he is strong and has the best shot of the whole squad. Not that it takes long eh

Perez stronger than Under based on what?!?
The Spaniard hasn't shown shit.
At least Under in the first year here he was a baller, it seemed he could break asses

In my opinion, between the two he has / had more Under potential. But it proved too intermittent.
Perez does not excite me and I do not see a possible phenomenon, he seems to me an honest trader and a little more sincerely.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I had exactly same concerns tbh plus his pass completion is supposedly poor. If it's poor in slow mo Serie A, what's it going to be like at pace? Apparently gives the ball away cheaply too. If he's not good enough for Roma, why is he better for us? Doesn't sound much of an upgrade from what we've already got. 

Perspective is an intersting thing. 

Folk on here were generally sliding off their chairs at the prospect of Trincao yet not only is Umders pass completion only slightly worse but he makes more key passes per game, is dispossessed less and has far fewer bad touches and that ONLY going off of last years stats were Under was fairly underwhelming

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

View points from Roma fans:

I personally am very sorry, we will talk about it in June when, in my opinion, it will have gone at least in double figures.

We sold the two players who saw the goal better, Kolarov and Under, oh well ...
The Serbian was certain and I agree, but after the injury of Zaniolo Under he could have been very comfortable.
At this point it is to be hoped that Perez is stronger, or that Pedro has a big impact with the Serie-A.

He can also score 30 goals but in Rome he was now burned, often adding his own. Moreover, with the 3-4-2-1 he would not even have had space. Right to sell it above all for 30 million, it has potential but cannot express it here

23 years old, has he been in Rome for how long, 3 seasons? Too many injuries and discontinuities, in my opinion the potential has it as well and I think even more than Kluivert but better monetize now than risk selling it even less waiting for it again.

This is strong, it has already proved it.
Now he is out of shape, but in flashes he always shows some lightning.
He is someone who does not cincischia, points the door and shoots, and how he shoots ...
Of course, those who like Pastore and Patches players will hardly like Cengiz,
I say it without controversy, they play a kind of football at the antipodes.

His transfer would not make me hot or cold, he has not shown that he has adapted to Serie A and to the coach's schemes, who are inconstant and often injured. Carles Perez I see it much better. With the spaces left by the teams in the Premier, he can have his say

The figures are good if they are not linked to any achievement of objectives (x the obligation), sorry because he hinted at great potential that however he was unable to pull out here, I wish him to do so at Leicester.

It ends at liverpool within two seasons

Ao to me, I'm a player, I rode to lose him like this.
With a coach who knows how to value him, in my opinion, he makes holes.
He certainly had physical problems, but he is strong and has the best shot of the whole squad. Not that it takes long eh

Perez stronger than Under based on what?!?
The Spaniard hasn't shown shit.
At least Under in the first year here he was a baller, it seemed he could break asses

In my opinion, between the two he has / had more Under potential. But it proved too intermittent.
Perez does not excite me and I do not see a possible phenomenon, he seems to me an honest trader and a little more sincerely.

The translation is a bit ropey but does it infer Perez could go the other way?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

That would be an even better deal.

Can work both ways. 

An option to buy could mean Roma bump up the price if he plays well, as far as I understand it just means we get first option on him? If he plays rubbish we just let him go back, no harm. 

An obligation to buy means there's a fixed fee when the loan ends and we have to buy him regardless how he plays. If he plays well, it could turn out to be a bargain. Plays badly, we have to buy him and hope he comes good at some point. 

I think we've done alright and made the most of Roma being in the shit financially. 

• Like 2