Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Watched the standard YouTube vid. Looks to have good feet, a bit of acceleration and good balance. He is very left footed, but seemingly plays most on the right. Surely this is the end of either Gray, Albrighton or both?

Also depth to squad

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

total deal £25.5 M 

Can someone more clued up about transfer dealings answer me this. How has it taken two hours to complete a deal from advanced talks to done? Sorry to be so stupid but the LCFC skeptic in me (see Fofana thread) can’t compute.

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Watched the standard YouTube vid. Looks to have good feet, a bit of acceleration and good balance. He is very left footed, but seemingly plays most on the right. Surely this is the end of either Gray, Albrighton or both?

Gray was left out of the squad entirely at the weekend and has one year left on his contract, so seems the most likely to go.

Albrighton is a valuable squad member. His attitude is first class, and a great option for rotation. With so many games in the league and cups someone like him is definitely needed.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Because we’re skint and don’t want it to be on the books for another year. Quite clever really.

But if it's an obligation that's unconditional, it will go onto this year's accounts anyway because it's treated as, essentially, a permanent transfer. 

3 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

So is he a proper winger or just an attacking player who can play on the wing? We've already got a whole load of non-winger wingers... 

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

But if it's an obligation that's unconditional, it will go onto this year's accounts anyway because it's treated as, essentially, a permanent transfer. 

but it doesn't affect cash flow now ….of course, transfers are not paid in one go anyway.  i guess with the uncertainty ahead this season re income, its a good idea to hedge spend now and you can then take tough decisions next summer (like a big sale without spending all the money).  

7 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

Great post that. :appl:

puts my mind at ease why Roma wanted to sell and his indifferent form over the last year. I remember him from a couple of years a go being touted as one of the best young players in Europe.