Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

1 hour ago, GDesign_JRC said:

Disappointed. Missed opportunity for an #UnderOffer hashtag.

48 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He’s only joining to make Söyüncü and @Ric Flair happy.

And in the end, isn't that we all wanted by the end of this transfer window?

33 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't give a shit about his singing!

If the squad don't force him to sing that for the traditional initiation, I'll be gutted.

Edited by CloudFox

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the narrative is that we are skint 

loan with a buy next summer helps to cement that 

percy isn’t going to say anything different 

whoever else we are after - their club needs to think that we have a ceiling beyond which we will walk away .....

We can't possibly be skint. I've just bought a fridge magnet from the club shop. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Did anyone else see in Percy’s article that he states we are looking for wingers to add to the squad? Not just just a winger?

Could mean we are looking into signing more than one wide player, or am I just reading to much into it?

Now we’ve got the left footed right winger sorted, can get Benrahma in as well 👀

13 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He’s only joining to make Söyüncü and @Ric Flair happy.

Haha i'm actually mildly concerned about Under as his end product is muck and he's had injury problems. BUT he is rapid, an elite dribbler and defensively very good at winning the ball. Shooting is OK but his crossing and passong in the final third is bordering abysmal. 

I will be positive though as this is my craft and passion, I live and breath left footed right wingers. Welcome Cengiz

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Even if he's shit atleast it might convince Soyuncu to sign a new contract

Never understood this narrative... just because their foreign of the same nationality they'll automatically be friends and want to stay together at the same club? 

Worked with "best friends" Madders and Chillwell didn't it....

Literally makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, Adster said:

Never understood this narrative... just because their foreign of the same nationality they'll automatically be friends and want to stay together at the same club? 

They are already friends from the Turkey Squad.  Like Chillwell and Maddison were from England U21.  It's not complicated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

I agree with the general point but tbf Soyuncu and Under came through the same academy at Altinordu and are genuinely friends off the pitch.

That being said if Barcelona come in for Cags, Under will have take that one on the chin.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Adster said:

They're actually best mates.

Ofcourse not but if an employee is happier somewhere they're more likely to want to stay. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha i'm actually mildly concerned about Under as his end product is muck and he's had injury problems. BUT he is rapid, an elite dribbler and defensively very good at winning the ball. Shooting is OK but his crossing and passong in the final third is bordering abysmal. 

I will be positive though as this is my craft and passion, I live and breath left footed right wingers. Welcome Cengiz

This was the comment I was waiting for! What's your gut feeling on the player?

For me it's a 7/10 signing. Trincao or Stengs would have been 9 or 10 out of 10 in terms of HYPE and ability. McNeil about a 5 (even though he might have been good). I think this is a solid signing that could go right or wrong, but on paper from what I've seen of him, his age and ability, I think it's a good signing. Much happier to have a player like this than to sign no wingers at all. He's got the potential to be 10 goals / 10 assists a season if he can adapt to the league and work with Rodgers. It's a gamble, but then again signing Youri Tielemans was a gamble, and look how that turned out. Soyuncu was a gamble too!

Brooks was the safest option but Bournemouth were taking the michaels in terms of the fee they wanted. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

Usually puzzled at same narrative, but these two are already best buddies.

However, don’t think it will be a substantive factor in whether Cags stay or leave.

Edited by NaijaFox

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I agree with the general point but tbf Soyuncu and Under came through the same academy at Altinordu and are genuinely friends off the pitch.

That being said if Barcelona come in for Cags, Under will have take that one on the chin.

He'll just have to get Over it instead

meme_kid.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think we could see another creative but cheaper alternative come in, Buendia and Ounas both appear to be available for between £10m - £15m.

Not sure why you want to fill the squad up with mediocrity.

We already have Perez, Albrighton and Gray who are adequate, we needed to pick a player who improves on all of them and go with it. Not buy a couple and hope one of them steps up. Just hope Under is that guy.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2020 at 21:09, Finn Claw II said:

I’m absolutely not ITK but a friend has heard from a friend that this guy’s agent and wife (I assume two separate people but who knows) were at the club more than a week ago.  

His agent is the same a Cags also (I assume the wives are different but can’t confirm).

Obviously never going to happen now!

to all the doubters - I’d like to state my random ITK info looks like being 100% (based on a sample of one bit of info being right).

I’m the new Sean from Enderby

• Thanks 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

This was the comment I was waiting for! What's your gut feeling on the player?

For me it's a 7/10 signing. Trincao or Stengs would have been 9 or 10 out of 10 in terms of HYPE and ability. McNeil about a 5 (even though he might have been good). I think this is a solid signing that could go right or wrong, but on paper from what I've seen of him, his age and ability, I think it's a good signing. Much happier to have a player like this than to sign no wingers at all. He's got the potential to be 10 goals / 10 assists a season if he can adapt to the league and work with Rodgers. It's a gamble, but then again signing Youri Tielemans was a gamble too, and look how that turned out. Soyuncu was a gamble too!

Brooks was the safest option but Bournemouth were taking the michaels in terms of the fee they wanted. 

Gut feeling is he's an unorthodox talent that will likely thrive to start with and the real issues will be if he gets injuries or loses focus. With Soyuncu here and it being a new start I think we will get the best from him from the off but just hope he can maintain it.

7/10 from me too. Excited nonetheless though as he is like shit off a shovel.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Did anyone else see in Percy’s article that he states we are looking for wingers to add to the squad? Not just just a winger?

Could mean we are looking into signing more than one wide player, or am I just reading to much into it?

Think the latter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I had exactly same concerns tbh plus his pass completion is supposedly poor. If it's poor in slow mo Serie A, what's it going to be like at pace? Apparently gives the ball away cheaply too. If he's not good enough for Roma, why is he better for us? Doesn't sound much of an upgrade from what we've already got. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And only 25m? GERRIMIN!!!!

• Haha 3