Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

54 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

Oh Christ we're gonna play him as a winger aren't we?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha i'm actually mildly concerned about Under as his end product is muck and he's had injury problems. BUT he is rapid, an elite dribbler and defensively very good at winning the ball. Shooting is OK but his crossing and passong in the final third is bordering abysmal. 

I will be positive though as this is my craft and passion, I live and breath left footed right wingers. Welcome Cengiz

48 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

All seems pretty clear 

16 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Happy with this 👍🏻 Can anyone explain why teams do this loan with obligation to buy? I don’t understand it, is it simply to defer the transfer fee? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its how I set up my deals on Footy manager when I want to go for it in a season. In short, it means we only need to spend 3m of our chillwell money and can use the upfront cash for our other deals. 

Which for us.... is fantastic news. 

• Like 1

Very happy with this. Flair player, left footed right winger that can win a game from nothing, exactly what we’ve been missing on the right flank since Mahrez left. Might not be the most consistent player but for that fee a potential game changer is exactly what we need.

And seems fairly flexible as well - can operate on both sides - so can rotate with both Perez and Barnes. Although I expect he will mostly start on the right for us with Barnes on the left but gives us good options between the 3 of them and Gray on the bench potentially. 

Just a CB now and I’m happy with that window, anything else is a bonus :fc:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's probably been in the pipeline for a while... Advanced talks pretty much means just I's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. Takes something mad for a deal to collapse once it reaches 'advanced talks' stage. All the leg work of agreeing terms with the player is pretty much done way before that in this day and age. 

Yeah, I think it was on one of the episodes of the All or Nothing Spurs doc where Daniel Levy said that ten years ago deals at the top level took about a week but those same types of deal take about a month nowadays.

I'd guess this has been in the pipeline for a while if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I don’t understand the obligation to buy…?

we loan him and then are obliged to buy him @ £xm???  

isn’t that the same as just buying him?  If he’s rubbish are we still obligated to buy or if he’s really good are they still obligated to sell?

i am a little confused 😐 

Accounting. Deferring the cost to a future period against future income. Smacks of a lack of funds to me.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lee Monty said:

The sheer look of surprise in his eyes when sees Barnes’ finishing

48F56D2D-5DD9-431E-95E2-760D2D324DE1.jpeg

Have a feeling Barnes is going to be ecstatic at not being double and triple teamed every time he has the ball.

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah he was part of the "Monchi" project at Roma where they invested heavily into promising young players. The difference between Roma and us is that we are way better setup to do that; the training academy, our coach, a team already full of young players. It doesn't surprise me it didn't work our for the player, and it also doesn't surprise me that Monchi is working his magic again back in Sevilla.

I think the move was too much too soon for Under, just like Tielemans being signed by Monaco to replace the outgoing Bernardo Silva / Moutinho was too much. 

This could be a great fit for us.

Wasn’t it Monchi who offered 20 million for Mahrez telling us we must accept it as he had valued him at that figure and we couldn’t ask more lol

• Haha 1

Just now, surrifox said:

Wasn’t it Monchi who offered 20 million for Mahrez telling us we must accept it as he had valued him at that figure and we couldn’t ask more lol

I think it was. As Man City went through the transfer gears and were up to £50m plus, Roma came back with a £30m final offer and couldn't understand why we didn't accept. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I don’t understand the obligation to buy…?

we loan him and then are obliged to buy him @ £xm???  

isn’t that the same as just buying him?  If he’s rubbish are we still obligated to buy or if he’s really good are they still obligated to sell?

i am a little confused 😐 

Basically it comes out of next years funds. it’s. way of buying him without paying for him yet

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I don't like to take too much notice of Youtube vids but fck me, he looks brilliant. If Barnes can find his finishing touch as well, we're going to take some stopping this season.

Not  a Barnes thread I know but if he (Barnes) can get his eye in then he has the potential to be immense.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

My jaw is genuinely on the floor after coming on to FT to find out we've signed a wide player. 

Are we to assume we'll have a CB this time next week?

Check out the Fofana thread, he is suddenly back on Socials posting cryptic tweets and following us again

Edited by moore_94