Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

28 minutes ago, KFS said:

Can someone more clued up about transfer dealings answer me this. How has it taken two hours to complete a deal from advanced talks to done? Sorry to be so stupid but the LCFC skeptic in me (see Fofana thread) can’t compute.

It's probably been in the pipeline for a while... Advanced talks pretty much means just I's to be dotted and t's to be crossed. Takes something mad for a deal to collapse once it reaches 'advanced talks' stage. All the leg work of agreeing terms with the player is pretty much done way before that in this day and age. 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

The more I looked into this the more excited I got. I think this is going to be a great bit of business.  

We know we cant sign the finished article right now, but Under is as close as you can get.. similar to YT.  As the turkish poster mentioned, playing with Dzeko is completely different to playing with Vardy. 

The club also seem to be sticking to players that are going to fit in with the group. Castagne already had relationships, Under and Cags obviously do. This is genuinely a great way to build a team that operates as a family which is often a successful formula. Theres a reason clubs like ourselves and wolves do so well and I think the key thing from our recent success has been a tight knit squad. 

This could be a masterstroke. 

Roma play 3-4-1-2 and Under doesn't fit in that system

They wanted Under to put in crosses for Dzeko's head

Injury last season

Not getting on with the coach

The above is what I've read in the last hour and you can see why Roma are happy to sell and Under wants to leave. Hopefully we can give him the platform to flourish here in the position he wants with his good friend Calgar here and a manager who believes in him and loves getting the best out of young players. 

33 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

Thank you for the information:appl:

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Roma play 3-4-1-2 and Under doesn't fit in that system

They wanted Under to put in crosses for Dzeko's head

Injury last season

Not getting on with the coach

The above is what I've read in the last hour and you can see why Roma are happy to sell and Under wants to leave. Hopefully we can give him the platform to flourish here in the position he wants with his good friend Calgar here and a manager who believes in him and loves getting the best out of young players. 

Washing machines live longer..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha i'm actually mildly concerned about Under as his end product is muck and he's had injury problems. BUT he is rapid, an elite dribbler and defensively very good at winning the ball. Shooting is OK but his crossing and passong in the final third is bordering abysmal. 

I will be positive though as this is my craft and passion, I live and breath left footed right wingers. Welcome Cengiz

He is no Calvin Stengs but still, we all know your obsession with left footed right wingers.

Don’t go stalking him, we want him for the season, not for him to leave after one day because he’s scared of his safety :thumbup:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

Thanks for the info dude!

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Happy with this 👍🏻 Can anyone explain why teams do this loan with obligation to buy? I don’t understand it, is it simply to defer the transfer fee? 🤷🏻‍♂️

In short yes. Leicester get to defer the fee until next year. Roma get the fee guaranteed rather than risking selling him at a lower price next season with a year less on his contract. They get a loan fee also that would cover the cost of interests on a loan if they take one out against the fee they will receive next season. But in short it's a way of signing a player but not paying for a year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Surely paying the transfer fee next year is just kicking the can down the road and screwing next years transfer budget. 

Yes, but if we do well in the EL Cup and rebound from Covid (fingers crossed), there could be a lot more in that budget.