Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

Can someone more clued up about transfer dealings answer me this. How has it taken two hours to complete a deal from advanced talks to done? Sorry to be so stupid but the LCFC skeptic in me (see Fofana thread) can’t compute.

Two words Jon Rudkin

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, KFS said:

Can someone more clued up about transfer dealings answer me this. How has it taken two hours to complete a deal from advanced talks to done? Sorry to be so stupid but the LCFC skeptic in me (see Fofana thread) can’t compute.

Roma, Under and Leicester all wanted the deal to happen, so it was easier to do. 

Fofana and Leicester want the deal. St. E don't, so it's harder to do. 

Besides we've known this for a few hours, it'll have been going on for a while 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Great post that. :appl:

puts my mind at ease why Roma wanted to sell and his indifferent form over the last year. I remember him from a couple of years a go being touted as one of the best young players in Europe. 

Yeah he was part of the "Monchi" project at Roma where they invested heavily into promising young players. The difference between Roma and us is that we are way better setup to do that; the training academy, our coach, a team already full of young players. It doesn't surprise me it didn't work our for the player, and it also doesn't surprise me that Monchi is working his magic again back in Sevilla.

I think the move was too much too soon for Under, just like Tielemans being signed by Monaco to replace the outgoing Bernardo Silva / Moutinho was too much. 

This could be a great fit for us.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

I'm now absolutely pumped for this signing!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Under and Çağlar are former teammates. They are also together in the national team. There are young talents in our national team and cengiz can be the best among them (cags, soyuncu, demiral, calhanoglu, ozankabak). Cengiz went to Rome early. It was a wrong choice. Roma constantly changed coaches. He spent the last year with an injury and could not enter the squad because he did not get along well with the coach. Under the right team had gone to Turkey it may be napoli spanish league, would be higher than the current market value of these Soyuncu. He is the most potential football player of our national team, Soyuncu and his very good friends were in the same team in the past.

a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

Maybe this guy 

614B8546-091C-45EF-B497-4EFA5FC7E912.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

Cheers

Thanks for the helpful insight.

But you just taken half the fun out of the thread. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

“And Barnes has snapped him in half!!”

Welcome to the EPL and Burnley Cengiz

how do you pronounce his name?

Surely that needs to be a separate topic.

The more I looked into this the more excited I got. I think this is going to be a great bit of business.  

We know we cant sign the finished article right now, but Under is as close as you can get.. similar to YT.  As the turkish poster mentioned, playing with Dzeko is completely different to playing with Vardy. 

The club also seem to be sticking to players that are going to fit in with the group. Castagne already had relationships, Under and Cags obviously do. This is genuinely a great way to build a team that operates as a family which is often a successful formula. Theres a reason clubs like ourselves and wolves do so well and I think the key thing from our recent success has been a tight knit squad. 

This could be a masterstroke. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

Purely in terms of squad depth, this signing massively improves us. Lots of experience for a youngster in a too European league (European experience too?). 

Fits our mould as a player we like to have at the club too. Not quite reaching their peak but lots of quality and surely some potential for Rodgers to work with. 

Quite excited about this. Didn't really work at Roma because or their change of shape/poor form in general. Think we've done really well here to get this guy for a fairly decent price. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Good to see us being more creative with our transfers, a more European approach, loan before buy etc.

I would question why he seemingly fell out of favour post lockdown, was a regular before and then almost vanished after one or two appearances after coming back. Hopefully nothing in it!

Maybe stated he wanted to leave and fell out with the manager over that?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

Cheers

Great to hear. Especially his attacking 'pedigree' you could say. Sounds promising and especially when it comes to being that inside winger/forward that Rodgers has wanted for a while. 

47 minutes ago, KFS said:

Obviously not acquainted with the delights of Turkish coffee. Rocket fuel if ever needed! lol

image.jpeg.c767a74e7634cbd50571c47e0390b3e0.jpeg

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turgutuc said:

When you say Cengiz, start like Jason. And his last name in not Under, it's Ünder. But it will be hard for you guys, so just say Under. I'm sure he will like it (He enjoyed his Undertaker references)

Thanks, Jason it is then. He'll get on well with Kevin! ;)

• Haha 2