Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

Only just heard about this after seeing Turkish spam on an LCFC Twitter post.

Truly we live in the best timeline. The Algerian Mahrez ultras are nowt' but 'an distant memory. 

All coming together nicely after all, innit?:brendan:

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, turgutuc said:

Greeting from Turkey...

So, i read almost all messages in the thread and it seems like some of you guys have no idea/confused or not so sure about Cengiz right now. So let me try to help you about that...

First things first; Cengiz is the best Turkish attacking player right now BY FAR. And we have Hakan Calhanoglu in our team and yes, Cengiz is a lot more better than him. When he doesn't play, we automatically start to think we can't win that game.

Some information about him; when you get Cengiz, you actually get two wingers because before Roma, we was a left winger. And he was still an inside winger/forward. That means, he can use both of his feet pretty good and play on both sides. 

He is not a "winger". When you want him to play as a winger, you basically kill all of his potential. His main objective is to score, then killer balls and finally crosses. With a player like Vardy, that's a perfect combination. Because of Dzeko, they wanted from him to cross high balls, because they prefer headers. But when you want him to cut inside, he can shoot from distance OR he can do killer balls to Vardy easily. 

Before Roma, he was more used to play counter-attack type of football. Basaksehir played almost exactly like when Leicester win the trophy. So with the players like Barnes and Cengiz, you will enjoy your time when you get the ball and counter attack.

He is not very good at defending. He can do defence as much as Salah can do. So you have to understand, you are getting a very attacking minded player.

About his last year performance, that's simple; he was injured. He injured at the beginning of 2019/2020 season and he missed 2 months. He missed pre-season training and missed his place in the team. And then Covid happened. So if you judge him based on the statistics of last year, you make a big mistake. Sure that injury still can effect him but after his return, he seems pretty good and he is not an injury prone player (generally speaking).

So in my opinion, with the price tag of 25, you nailed an amazing signing. Of course this is coming from a Turkish person but i wouldn't tell the same things for any other Turkish player.

Cheers

So I was excited until I read he’s not really a winger...

We bought an attacking minded player in Perez who’s not really a winger then we played him as a winger then found he wasn’t being played to his strengths.

Will ünder be any different?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

depends what happens with the pandemic and club's finances (all clubs)

no one knows what next summer holds in store ……..

...I suspect deferring any work started to expand the stadium will help!!!

So long as we are in the Prem. we are looking at £100m + at the end of every season, with the loss of merchandise and gate receipts we should be ok this time next season. We can schedule the expansion for some other time.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suspect deferring any work started to expand the stadium will help!!!

So long as we are in the Prem. we are looking at £100m + at the end of every season, with the loss of merchandise and gate receipts we should be ok this time next season. We can schedule the expansion for some other time.

On the contrary, in these times I would get the expansion done sooner rather than later. The loan has been taken out anyway so I think construction prices would be lower in the current climate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is not a winger and this is good thing, he is a wide attacking midfield player who likes to cut inside instead of whipping into the box for everyone to stare at as it flies over their heads.

This. Much more in the Mahrez mould and I love it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

On the contrary, in these times I would get the expansion done sooner rather than later. The loan has been taken out anyway so I think construction prices would be lower in the current climate.

Agree. And less disruptive to fans if the stadium is partly or fully empty anyway. Less disruptive also means less loss of revenue. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Of course this assumes that stadiums will ever be back up to full capacity. This effing virus is not going to go away with no guarantee a vaccine will be successful. I can't get excited about new signings if we can't go. Not the same buzz watching on the telly and at this moment feels like we'll never get back :( 

Sorry, fed up. 

• Like 1

Expand the stadium massively so that only every third seat is taken, like them posh cinemas where you can lie back and have a few drinks and a meal.

Capacity will be about 40k but physically 3 times bigger

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm doing well all things considered. Ticks a lot of boxes, a year ago I'd have been getting my helmet pierced at this news but he's had a very dubious 18 months and its no guarantee he does the business here. I'm confident he will hit the ground running though like he did at Roma.

What stage is it at now then? Nipples? Ballsack?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Of course this assumes that stadiums will ever be back up to full capacity. This effing virus is not going to go away with no guarantee a vaccine will be successful. I can't get excited about new signings if we can't go. Not the same buzz watching on the telly and at this moment feels like we'll never get back :( 

Sorry, fed up. 

Totally understand. My worst fear is a different virus following this one! Alas I hope normality returns and the stadiums are full in 12-18 months time. Hopefully facemasks won't become the new fashion accessory though...

Did a bit of digging to answer my own question about why he hasn’t played under Fonseca. 

Roma fans say Fonseca is very defensive and Under sounds a little bit like Mahrez in the sense there’s no ****ing chance he will track back. 

Suits me to be fair, we need a luxury player to create, we’ve got enough workers who will cover defensively. 

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sorry, fed up. 

Jesus mate plenty of other places to share your corona virus doom and gloom.

I logged on this thread for some happy transfer news maybe a video of the Turkish Messi megging a few hapless seria A defenders. 

• Haha 1