Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yes, not to go all legal nerd on you guys but there is three ways this could work:

1. We’ve signed the lad permanently on completion. The “loan” is simply to ease the cash flow from us to them;

2. We’ve loaned, with an option to buy at a fix fee. There will be a time limit on when we can trigger that option before it expires - the fee is fixed;

3. We’ve agreed a loan and agreed a fee with an option same principles as 2. However; we are obligated to buy on a trigger event (a number of performances etc.).

Based on the reports, it looks like it’s option one. 

Maybe this is about st ettiene wanting more upfront for Fofana.  most transfers are done by installments, but if they are playing hardball on how much they want upfront, doing this on a loan to buy makes Fofana possible?

If that;s the case these could both speed up and be done in the next few days! :D

Just now, Collymore said:

I really don't understand the loan fee and then commitment. It's basically the same as  buying him permanently isn't it?

Yes but we can defer the final cost and maybe Roma get most/all of the fee next year rather than in longer term instalments, but just guessing

Just now, Mint23 said:

What I don’t really get with loan to buy agreements is what happens if he has an amazing season for us, scores and assists in double figures, can the fee then go up or can one of the big boys come in with a better offer and we lose him?

This is almost what happened with Youri. I think we learned that lesson...

• Like 1

Just now, Mint23 said:

What I don’t really get with loan to buy agreements is what happens if he has an amazing season for us, scores and assists in double figures, can the fee then go up or can one of the big boys come in with a better offer and we lose him?

Nope. Fixed fee for us.

Up to Roma if another club comes in with an offer worth accepting I think. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I really don't understand the loan fee and then commitment. It's basically the same as  buying him permanently isn't it?

It passes the burden of paying the transfer fee on to next season while getting him now, makes sense given we need atleast a cb in after him and have an extra competition to play in

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nope. Fixed fee for us.

Up to Roma if another club comes in with an offer worth accepting I think. 

That's not right, it means we're obligated to buy at the agreed price and Roma are obligated to sell. 

No cherry picking for Roma if he has a 20 goals, 20 assist season and Real Madrid are willing to pay £200m. 

• Like 1