Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

We should have had a penalty though, and theirs was absolutely soft. 

I think we'll win. 1-1.

Think we gave them a decent game on both accounts tbh, Barnes blatant pen away and 2 stonewalls not given at home... decisions go our way we take something off them last year 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I cant see anything other than us getting a battering. I would buy a point now for a lot of money..if i had it.

why do you think we will get a battering? In the two games we have played so far in the league what has shown you that we will get a battering? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Didn’t Praet play defensive midfielder for Sampdoria?

I don't know but I think he's looked much better playing the more attacking role the past couple of games then when he was asked to sit alongside Ndidi in the 4-2 3-1 last season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

why do you think we will get a battering? In the two games we have played so far in the league what has shown you that we will get a battering? 

because it's west brom and an injury hit burnley at home. burnley could've scored 4 tbh. just image the damage man city will cause

• Like 2

Schmeichel

Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Justin

Perez, Tielemans, Mendy, Praet, Barnes

Vardy 

Regular 4-1-4-1. In the last 2 league games we’ve played some of the best football we’ve seen since December. Why change it!

We’ll need a bit of luck to get something from this game, whatever formation we play. Man City gassed out in the second half Vs Wolves, if they were up against a finisher like Vardy they’d have lost that game. 

Come on you foxes!! :scarf:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

sometimes …. its better than yanited, thats for sure !

wonder what tactical suicide Brendan has planned …..

Probably some weird diamond or something.

Truth is.. Any change in formation or personnel, is unlikely to make much of a difference. Stick with what we know, the 4-1-4-1, tweak the style a bit (5-10 yards deeper, focus on being compact instead of possession based), hope for a bit of luck and go from there.

Youri & Barnes are in great form.. Castagne Vs Sterling should be a close battle, Praet doesn’t shy away from his defensive duties, Justin will probably do better Vs Mahrez than Chilwell.. The 4-1-4-1 does give us some positives to work with..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Probably some weird diamond or something.

Truth is.. Any change in formation or personnel, is unlikely to make much of a difference. Stick with what we know, the 4-1-4-1, tweak the style a bit (5-10 yards deeper, focus on being compact instead of possession based), hope for a bit of luck and go from there.

Youri & Barnes are in great form.. Castagne Vs Sterling should be a close battle, Praet doesn’t shy away from his defensive duties, Justin will probably do better Vs Mahrez than Chilwell.. The 4-1-4-1 does give us some positives to work with..

you could argue that sunday offers us a better chance to go toe to toe with them than we would usually think.  their fitness may not quite be at our level and Justin being asked to get forward rather than worry about marhrez/silva/torres might be fun.  just sitting back and allowing KDB to dictate things may not be a great idea anyway. them missing gundogan could be significant - he always seems to play against us 

• Like 2

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Ake, Mendy, Fernandinho, Rodri, Foden, KDB, Sterling, Jesus

I looked at that Man City team that started against Wolves and thought we could cause that side problems, on the counter and with our legs in midfield, especially with us being a week sharper than them. 

The backline with Stones is always shaky, Walker and Mendy can be exposed both defensively and on the counter attack. Aguero missing for them is also excellent news as he always scores against us at the Ethiad!

I don't know if Laporte, Mahrez & Gundogan will be available after their positive COVID test's, I hope not as Mahrez vs Justin could get messy! 

• Like 1

I’m afraid what we’ve lost is the bloke (Ndidi) who wins the ball deep to enable us to rush forward. Bit like Kante did.

Mendy has to step up now. The next few weeks will see whether he’s good enough to keep the ball turning over both defensively and going forward.

He’s not alone in this of course. Tielemans has to do the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

because it's west brom and an injury hit burnley at home. burnley could've scored 4 tbh. just image the damage man city will cause

if you are going down that route you could of said we could have scored 7 in each match. 

We aren't as bad as some of our fans think. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rustynail said:

I just hope Bredan has the balls to go for it. We have the players to hurt a lot of teams, the way we're playing with FB's getting into the box and having a large number of players making runs forward its going to be hard for any team to control that level of attack. 

Saying that though, you can understand why Brendan would try to go more defensive, we let them push up and we camp our box. Smash a long ball for Vardy to run on to and hit them like that. I hope its not like this as it'll play into Man City's hands. 

Agree Brendan is the only recent manager when we havent won any game expected to lose. We followed the pattern in losing  last season to Bournemouth and Norwich but didnt get any unexpected wins at all . The only surprise for me was a  draw at Arsenal  which I  always write off we even lost  there when we won the league.