Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Man City was beaten last season by teams like Wolves and Southampton when they sat back and counterattacked them. We would be playing into their hands if we continued to play like we did the last couple games. That said, it won't necessarily be a bad thing if we do play very offensively.

When we tried three at the back we were the only team to get beaten. If I'm correct in saying when Man City got knocked out of the CL by Lyon, Lyon had three at the back, so you have a valid point. However, we dont currently have the personnel for that system to work effectively, if we managed to get Fofana then maybe :)

• Like 1

Using the tried and tested "tea leaf" method of football analysis, I'd say this is a better time to playing them than we did last season. 

My tea leaves are not showing beyond last seasons results.

Ndidi's injury is a blow, no matter how much Mendy has stepped up. We can only hope that Mendy continues his opening season form. 

Agree with the posters that are saying, if we change our approach from West Brom and Burnley, we're doomed, really need to attack them full throttle and hope for the best. 

I can imagine Justin will have to be very well prepared and have a good instruction pack for this game. 

Hope we get to see Under in action this weekend. 

• Like 1

If Ndidi was fit I would suggest playing him in a back 3 with Evans and Soyuncu. Only other alternative for that is Amartey but he ain't ready, or living Justin and playing Fuchs at wing back.

However I'm pretty confident it will be a back four, hopefully Evans has some sort of fitness otherwise it's Wes.

I would stick with Perez and Praet, their energy and pressing will be important. Maddison has to wait. 

The pessimistic side of me can picture Choudhury and Mendy sitting Infront of back 4. 

Winning the first two games were massive really as its really a bit of a free hit here. 6 from 9 is a good start to the season and the pressure is off. Man City looked ok at Wolves but certainly not a full power yet so it maybe a good time to play them. 

Same team for me but Evans in for Wilf and Maddison on the bench maybe getting 35 mins. If under is available stick him on the bench and give him 20 mins. 

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Guessing it’s just the same XI but with Evans in place of Ndidi. 

Anyone know if Ünder has clearance yet?

Not sure yet

Going to be honest, even with two wins over potential relegation candidates

I'm not holding out much hope for this won. They battered the lads last year at their place even with vardys goal. Barnes pace can worry walker but again I don't see any points gained from this.

22 minutes ago, twister said:

Not sure yet

Going to be honest, even with two wins over potential relegation candidates

I'm not holding out much hope for this won. They battered the lads last year at their place even with vardys goal. Barnes pace can worry walker but again I don't see any points gained from this.

We should have had a penalty though, and theirs was absolutely soft. 

I think we'll win. 1-1.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bert said:

Barely 11 first team players Available? What?! We’re literally now missing Ricardo & N’Didi lol 

OK I'm being a bit melodramatic but not too much.  Mendy is now regarded a first team player for the first time in 5 years. Evans hasn't played for several months and is coming off an injury on top of not playing. Justin is still finding his feet and isn't really a first team quality player yet.  None of the players that can step in after this first 11 are really up to scratch due to form, ability or experience. 

What's more worrying, is as you point out, which back up my point entirely we're only missing Ricardo and Ndidi (and Chilwell).

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

OK I'm being a bit melodramatic but not too much.  Mendy is now regarded a first team player for the first time in 5 years. Evans hasn't played for several months and is coming off an injury on top of not playing. Justin is still finding his feet and isn't really a first team quality player yet.  None of the players that can step in after this first 11 are really up to scratch due to form, ability or experience. 

What's more worrying, is as you point out, which back up my point entirely we're only missing Ricardo and Ndidi (and Chilwell).

Wasn't he a regular under Puel? In a double pivot with Wilf? Regardless, he's done very well in the first two games.

• Like 2