Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Schmeichel 

Armarty Evans Soyuncu 

Cast Tiele Madd MendyJJ 

Barnes  Vardy 

Subs: Ward, Praet, Iheanacho, Under, Morgan.

Too be honest, a really difficult pick and could change it again in 5 minutes 😄

Would this be the same Amartey that was being given the runaround by a bunch of Gooner kids?

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Would this be the same Amartey that was being given the runaround by a bunch of Gooner kids?

I didn't watch the match tbh but I heard he played ok and think he may be better suited to centre half? With hindsight though in fairness, I think Morgan would perhaps be the better option. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wonder if we might see Justin as a RCB in a 3 with Jonny and Cags. Looked good there v Man U in the final game of last season, arguably his best performance for us. We would then need Fuchsy to roll back the years at LB, though.....

If your going with this formation it would have to be Thomas ahead of Fuchs, poor old Fuchs hasn’t got the legs for a LWB role.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wonder if we might see Justin as a RCB in a 3 with Jonny and Cags. Looked good there v Man U in the final game of last season, arguably his best performance for us. We would then need Fuchsy to roll back the years at LB, though.....

If we go with these 3 at the back then I would go with Castagne and Thomas as wing backs. Big call but a chance for Thomas to step up. Fuchs not really ideal for the wing back role nowadays.

Edit: Just seen @Aus Fox has already posted the same above. :facepalm:

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

If we go with these 3 at the back then I would go with Castagne and Thomas as wing backs. Big call but a chance for Thomas to step up. Fuchs not really ideal for the wing back role nowadays.

I didn’t think Luke looked comfortable as a wing back on Wednesday against a quality opponent. 

I'd be tempted with 3-5-2 as well, but can't decide over Barnes up top with Vardy or Iheanacho. I thought Iheanacho was really good vs these at our gaff last season in a similar system where we went direct and got the ball in to him to hold up and interchange with Vardy and the overlapping players. 

I wouldn't mind either, you could drop Barnes over to the left in this one with a middle five, but he'd need to do a lot more running backwards to help out.

We need to keep the front two in touch so there are the opportunities to pass and run through their backline rather than hoofing over all the time for a lonely Vardy to try and latch on, and either run or hold for everyone to catch up.

• Like 1

The idea of playing three at the back against them fills me with nerves. Offer them all that space in behind down the flanks  and they will punish us - KDB will love it sliding passes between the CB’s and wing backs - so you have to play a back 5 with your wing backs as full backs - and then you are simply playing attack v defence for 90 mins and the midfield you have out there will not thank  you (neither will vards). 

I would prefer a back four and a five in front of them .....if we make the game as intense as possible then their fitness may not be where it needs to be and they dont have a deep bench quality wise 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

He will learn quickly and get better with experience. I'd like to see him start if we are playing a back 3.

I wish the lad well,but he can get experience at somebody else's expense on loan. 

There is no possible combination that I'd involved him with the first team this year, apart from the sort of injury crisis of last season where, literally, he was the last man standing. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The idea of playing three at the back against them fills me with nerves. Offer them all that space in behind down the flanks  and they will punish us - KDB will love it sliding passes between the CB’s and wing backs - so you have to play a back 5 with your wing backs as full backs - and then you are simply playing attack v defence for 90 mins and the midfield you have out there will not thank  you (neither will vards). 

I would prefer a back four and a five in front of them .....if we make the game as intense as possible then their fitness may not be where it needs to be and they dont have a deep bench quality wise 

I can't picture why we'd alter the formation that's worked so well these last two games (albeit against feeble opposition) 

The only tweak I'd consider is Nachon for Perez, giving us a natural link.man towards Vardy....but it means leaving castagne to patrol the righ flank alone (something I think he's capable of, but maybe not a pleasant baptism v Man city)

• Like 1