Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Yes, it won't be Burnley type tactics but I think they'll target him because he's our weakest defender, aerially or on the deck.  I'm not having a go at him, I like him, but I think he will always need time to make that step up and this enforced run of games will probably hasten his development.

I don't think this will be popular but I would consider playing Albrighton left and Barnes right in place of Perez.

That is a good shout. Albrighton can help out defensively whilst Barnes is likely to get more joy against Mendy than Walker, who I'm not sure he'll beat for pace.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, shailen said:

They've probably got some wonderkids they can throw in, right, that they're hiding in the background? :P 

28 minutes ago, shailen said:

13 players you say? How about for 20

millions we give you Jacupovic , Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal and Diabate and then you can have a full strength match squad, everyone wins. Get on the phone Rudders!

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Schmeichel 

Castagne Evans Söyüncü Justin

Mendy

Tielmens Praet 

Maddison

Vardy Barnes

bench: Ward, Amartey, Choudhury, Gray Ünder Perez Iheanacho 

Too early for Madders to start in a game like this methinks; also I think Wednesday is the last we'll ever see of Gray. 

• Like 1

Kasper

Castagne     Evans      Cags       JJ

Mendy

Tielemans    Praet

Under? (Perez)    Vardy      Barnes

Subs: Ward, Wes, Thomas, Choudhury, Maddison, Perez (if Under starts)/Albrighton, Iheanacho

Or:

Kasper

JJ          Evans       Cags

Castagne            Mendy            Albrighton

Tielemans        Praet

Barnes

Vardy          

Subs: Ward, Wes, Thomas, Choudhury, Maddison, Under/Perez, Iheanacho

Anyone know if Under is available for this?

On 24/09/2020 at 12:44, Brooksy said:

Reckon they'll smash us to be honest. Just hope it doesn't affect us as much as Liverpool did last Christmas.

Hopefully that was just bad timing. Once is OK, 2 dickings in a row looksand feels like a pattern, even against such quality opposition at their best. 

I think the best opportunities are going to be down the middle against Ake and Stones. Walker is the best in their potential back four, but he can't cover the whole back line. Ake was bang average last year with Bournemouth, and Stones has been inconsistent at City. The problem is as ever with MC, the midfield, and I think if we lined up 3-5-2, it gives us options out of the back with Vardy and Barnes interchangeable up top. JV has shown he can do the assist role as well as scoring and I think having him and HB running at the centre pair would give us a good chance.

Having the five in midfield, also allows us to double up and support the CB and at least give them a couple of options to play out from the back if BR wanted to do that. MC are going to expect us to play on the counter because of JV and the way they press, so again trying to have the likes of YT and DP in there to try and mop up knock-downs and flick-ons may pay-off.

I think it'll be a tight game if we can keep level for the first 30 mins. If we go one down as previously, it'll be a lot harder to get anything back.

Heart says City, but my head says City.

Schmeichel 

Armarty Evans Soyuncu 

Cast Tiele Madd MendyJJ 

Barnes  Vardy 

Subs: Ward, Praet, Iheanacho, Under, Morgan.

Too be honest, a really difficult pick and could change it again in 5 minutes 😄

Edited by volpeazzurro