Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

If we genuinely want to challenge to be part of the top six then we need to start being competitive in games like this. Forget the Bournemouth and Norwich games last season. The main reason we didn’t get top 4 was we only picked up 2 points against the teams that eventually finished in the top 4 - both against Chelsea.

Man City and Liverpool are the top 2 teams in the league, but we do need to find a way of being competitive and getting results.

I would play the same team other than Evans in for Ndidi, which should make us a bit stronger at the back.
We need big games from our big players here, Tielemans, Barnes and Vardy need to fire.

I’m going for a sneaky 3-2 win Vardy (2) and Barnes a late solo effort to win the game.

• Like 2

4-3 thriller! 

Interesting to see how Praet/Mendy/Tielemans will fair against Rodri, de Bruyne and whoever else they put in midfield. I really hope the team can cope with the absence of Ndidi. We don't have to win, I'd just like a solid showing without Ndidi, would give a lot of confidence to everyone involved.

• Like 2

This is where the real test begins, can Mendy step up and be out hero CDM, can Youri and Praet control the midfield? Will Vardy continue his brilliant run of goals against "big 6" teams? Find out on a new episode of dragon football z...

In all honesty this is going to be one hell of a game. If we go into this with the same attacking intent as previous games we might stand a chance. I'd honestly go for the same team against Burnley and WBA but obviously swap out Ndido for Evans. If Undertaker is fit and start him over Perez. 

Slightly nervous, extremely excited. Just hope we don't sit back and invite them on to us. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rustynail said:

This is where the real test begins, can Mendy step up and be out hero CDM, can Youri and Praet control the midfield? Will Vardy continue his brilliant run of goals against "big 6" teams? Find out on a new episode of dragon football z...

In all honesty this is going to be one hell of a game. If we go into this with the same attacking intent as previous games we might stand a chance. I'd honestly go for the same team against Burnley and WBA but obviously swap out Ndido for Evans. If Undertaker is fit and start him over Perez. 

Slightly nervous, extremely excited. Just hope we don't sit back and invite them on to us. 

Think it's an acid test for Brendan as well to see if he's learned anything at all from last season. Felt like Deja Vu every big away game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Think it's an acid test for Brendan as well to see if he's learned anything at all from last season. Felt like Deja Vu every big away game

I just hope Bredan has the balls to go for it. We have the players to hurt a lot of teams, the way we're playing with FB's getting into the box and having a large number of players making runs forward its going to be hard for any team to control that level of attack. 

Saying that though, you can understand why Brendan would try to go more defensive, we let them push up and we camp our box. Smash a long ball for Vardy to run on to and hit them like that. I hope its not like this as it'll play into Man City's hands. 

20 minutes ago, Rustynail said:

I just hope Bredan has the balls to go for it. We have the players to hurt a lot of teams, the way we're playing with FB's getting into the box and having a large number of players making runs forward its going to be hard for any team to control that level of attack. 

Saying that though, you can understand why Brendan would try to go more defensive, we let them push up and we camp our box. Smash a long ball for Vardy to run on to and hit them like that. I hope its not like this as it'll play into Man City's hands. 

Man City was beaten last season by teams like Wolves and Southampton when they sat back and counterattacked them. We would be playing into their hands if we continued to play like we did the last couple games. That said, it won't necessarily be a bad thing if we do play very offensively.

• Like 1

Kasper

Castange Evans Soyuncu Justin

Mendy

Tielemens Praet

Perez Vardy Barnes.

Start with that and see how we go. I’m very concerned about Mendy and Justin, both are weak links for us that will be exposed by this level of opposition.

Go for it, lets play like it’s a no lose situation , rather than how we usually play away at the big 6.

The more important tests will be Villa and West Ham at home back to back. We really need 6/6 from them and 12/15 total before we go into a tough set of fixtures.

Ironically, I think missing Ndidi in this game might actually do us a favour.  I have no doubt that if Ndidi was fit, we would line up with Ndidi AND Mendy in front of a back four.  Brendan would show Man City far too much respect and set us up scared, for a game of damage limitation.  With Ndidi out of the picture, it's much more likely that we'll start with the same set up as in the last couple of league games, with Evans at the back; Maddison to continue on the bench for now.

So far we've played two poor teams.  Man City are one of the very best teams in the world and I can't see us winning.  But I would like to see us have a go rather than sitting back for the whole game waiting for them to score.

• Like 2

I cant believe Ndidi is injured! I'd hoped for a few more happy weekends before reality hit. Rogers won't want to stick around for much longer if he can't get the funds he wants / needs. Covid is making everything so shit these days... :cry: Big loss coming for us against Man City ... t**t features Mahrez will definitely score  :frusty:

Edited by AmyLGK
  • Like 1

Defeat last night and now Ndidi injury has lost some of the enthusiasm gained from 2 good wins. 

Yes Evans comes back, supposedly anyway but noone has actually seen him since last season. First game back with no pre season, I'm not 100% convinced he'll play. 

Maddison on bench for me. Best hope is get Infront and hope they have a poor day. 

Who else if no Evans? You can’t handle the Huth? :blink:

Kinda fortunate that the games have meant Evans is eligible in time, we are so very short of decent CB options

They were very good first half against Wolves but second half Wolves created many chances themselves and on any other day could have drew level.

I think we can get at their back four if we're actually positive. Just hope we don't defend for 90mins. Gotta get in their faces.

I'm hoping Tielemans and Praet play a blinder again! It's not going to be easy but we are best when we play quick passes. If we sit back and show nerves they will be all over us. Forget last night, that doesn't affect the momentum. The team Brendan put out shows he wasn't that bothered and for me he was treating it as minutes for those that haven't played. If he wanted to win he would brought on Barnes and Tielemans. Praet was brought on so Madders isn't pushed for 90 minutes yet. Go out and give them a game.  No-one expects us to win and if we don't but give it a damn good try that's all you can do.  

Edited by Hales

This season looks like it'll be hard! With barely 11 first team players available right now, Europa League and no funds to buy players I'm praying that we have no more injuries. 

There's going to be games, like the Arsenal one, which we're effectively going to throw in favour of focusing on trying to gain points elsewhere. 

Free hit. A loss most likely given the players and squad Man City have at their disposal. But our first team were playing well and if everyone performs it’s possible to nick something. Wolves typically have a lot of success versus the Mancs by playing the counter attack against them, though they lost to them this season with that strategy. Usually Rodgers plays the same style versus the big teams and we lose because man for man they are better than us. But that said our players have been appalling in those games. 

I’d go 3-1 Man City but at some point I think we will beat one of the top teams and look good doing it. Just not sure this game will be the one it happens in!

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This season looks like it'll be hard! With barely 11 first team players available right now, Europa League and no funds to buy players I'm praying that we have no more injuries. 

There's going to be games, like the Arsenal one, which we're effectively going to throw in favour of focusing on trying to gain points elsewhere. 

Barely 11 first team players Available? What?! We’re literally now missing Ricardo & N’Didi lol 

• Like 2

I hope we've learnt from last season. We cannot and should not go toe to toe with them even if we had a full squad to pick from. We need to be solid and resolute and utilise the pace we have in the team on the counter. I know it's not our style but I'm nervous if we're too expansive it could backfire massively. Let's frustrate them for the first 30 mins and hopefully that will rattle them.