Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Plus he gave Fofana and Barnes their big breaks . Albeit Fofana  with St Etienne.

Puel is not only responsible for bringing in good players but he's also added hundreds of millions to our squad value. 

He certainly knows a player when he sees one. It will be interesting to see who he brings through next.

Agree. 
His reputation is developing young players and improving them. I know he is currently at St Etienne but I would of thought at some point he’d be under consideration for the french under 21s. That’s where imo is his strength as a coach. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. 
His reputation is developing young players and improving them. I know he is currently at St Etienne but I would of thought at some point he’d be under consideration for the french under 21s. That’s where imo is his strength as a coach. 

If you aspire to be a great manager I would think that is something(internationals) you do at the end of your career not the beginning. When Rodgers has been asked that's been his answer. I'd imagine Puel still backs himself for bigger jobs higher in the game. He's not an old man. We all have the capacity to learn and improve.

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

If you aspire to be a great manager I would think that is something(internationals) you do at the end of your career not the beginning. When Rodgers has been asked that's been his answer. I'd imagine Puel still backs himself for bigger jobs higher in the game. He's not an old man. We all have the capacity to learn and improve.

He is nearer the end of his managerial career rather than the beginning. You mention bigger jobs but where? Can’t see him coming back to the premiership and he’s managed some big clubs in France. I know it’s the french league but I can’t see him going anywhere else. He might get a couple more jobs in France and after that I just see that being his next step. 

Couple of articles suggesting he wants to join Chelsea in the summer :unsure:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1388186/Chelsea-Brendan-Rodgers-Frank-Lampard-sack-Roman-Abramovich-news-latest-SNT/amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-could-turn-brendan-rodgers-23372637.amp

That’s literally one article in two places. Neither of which quote anyone close to Rodgers or Rodgers himself saying it. 

Not saying it’s not true, but it doesn’t carry much weight for me. The reality is, just like any player we sign, he has a (lucrative) contract with us and we don’t need to let him go until we want to. 

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

He's under a long contract, so surely we just don't grant Chelsea permission to speak with him if they approach. I'm sure there are laws within the game about resigning and then walking straight into a new job, and his loyalty bonus must be astronomical, so I doubt that would be an option.

The club have invested massively in Rodgers, we have provided him with the best foundations he could have hoped for to rebuild his reputation. He owes us loyalty, and I only think he'll be allowed to leave on the club's terms. I'm not actually worried about this, Rodgers has got it as good as it can get where he is.

It's not even comparable to when he left Celtic, where he was on course to achieve what he already achieved twice already. He was stuck in Groundhog Day there. Whereas here, he has barely scratched the potential of how far this club can go. The job isn't even half finished.

• Like 1

Just lazy Journalism Lampard is nearing the Exit door so hence let’s look who they recon they think that Chelski may go for and as a successful manager at the moment which Is Brendan, but I’m sure he’ll want to stay and finish what he’s started even tho his Celtic history doesn’t hold much faithful some  but I’m sure Top will Tell Roman to go do one and I’m sure he has a hefty price compensation price tag in his Contract ?

Edited by justfoxes

47 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

It's the f@cking Daily Star not a newspaper 

Daily Star..Jesus just as bad as Foxestalkforum....cant Pick manager movement...

Lampard will be Chelsea manager..at least until the Summer

I think we are safe considering the managers currently out of work and Romans love of a foreign coach,  Valverde, Setien, Tuchel, Augenthaler, Allgeri, Favre before you even revisit Sarri and as much as I’d love this Hughes

Tuchel being free has put more pressure on Lampard for sure or 1 of the other older guys come in to help him.

• Like 1