Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yeah maybe.I suppose it being a bigger journey under those two helps. And they both let the mask slip as well if you know what I mean, Rodgers is very measured and professional with the media, as Aus Fox said. Something nice about a manager showing emotion, adds a human element.

Keep winning and I don’t care anyway, it’s not a personality contest!

We have also not been in the ground as much so that could be one of the reasons, plus he hasn't been with us that long yet...

He's a great manager and now we are looking like a completely different team to what we have seen in the past.

I think his passion is there as well he celebrates everytime we score and is always on the touchline from the start to end of the game which is great to see, hate managers who just sit on the bench

It was noted on Football365 that he's given people a chance through injuries or formation (Justin, Fofana, Albrighton) and he's not just thrown the player they've replaced straight back in when available. 

Really good management.

With Lampard being under pressure, I would be concerned if Chelsea were to show interest. There was talk of Arsenal last season but I think he'd be far more interested in Chelsea with their resources and current playing squad. Nights like tonight I realise what a great manager we have. 

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

It was noted on Football365 that he's given people a chance through injuries or formation (Justin, Fofana, Albrighton) and he's not just thrown the player they've replaced straight back in when available. 

Really good management.

Only Luke Thomas can maybe feel a little hard done by with the return of Castagne.

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Deserves massive respect! Where did you think we would finish this season at the beginning? I had us down for 7th at best given the pandemic, European games, key players out injured. Instead after 19 games we are top so far and through to the next round in Europe! Outstanding job!

Champions.

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

With Lampard being under pressure, I would be concerned if Chelsea were to show interest. There was talk of Arsenal last season but I think he'd be far more interested in Chelsea with their resources and current playing squad. Nights like tonight I realise what a great manager we have. 

With my blue tinted specs on I’d like to think he’d at least stay the course this season and see how far he can take this. I know I might get pelters here considering he walked away from a treble treble and 10IAR at Celtic but I feel like this could turn in to a completely different proposition all together if he has us in touching distance after the next 3-4 games. I don’t think he’d like to leave thinking what if - because let’s be honest he could do something really special here. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 09:05, whoareyaaa said:

We have also not been in the ground as much so that could be one of the reasons, plus he hasn't been with us that long yet...

He's a great manager and now we are looking like a completely different team to what we have seen in the past.

I think his passion is there as well he celebrates everytime we score and is always on the touchline from the start to end of the game which is great to see, hate managers who just sit on the bench

Nearly two years in total, but it has been a strange couple of years obviously with last seasons end.

I just checked and he's on 85 games according to Wiki so is our longest serving manager since NP now.

• Like 2

He’s really hit that sweet spot between possession football and pacy counters that Puel never could and he struggled with at times last season.

Oddly I think all the injuries did us a favour, he had a rethink on how to use the team and it seems to be paying dividends.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Nearly two years in total, but it has been a strange couple of years obviously with last seasons end.

I just checked and he's on 85 games according to Wiki so is our longest serving manager since NP now.

Weird, doesn’t feel like he’s been here that long at all. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Manini said:

With my blue tinted specs on I’d like to think he’d at least stay the course this season and see how far he can take this. I know I might get pelters here considering he walked away from a treble treble and 10IAR at Celtic but I feel like this could turn in to a completely different proposition all together if he has us in touching distance after the next 3-4 games. I don’t think he’d like to leave thinking what if - because let’s be honest he could do something really special here. 

I see our club differently now. Progression in the last 10 years has happened season on season with the aim of the owners being consistently top six. The objective hasn't been achieved yet but is long on the way.

We have probably the best training facilities in the UK and are looking to develop the KP stadium.

There are still many challenges for BR and he can achieve as much with us as he could with any of the so called big six. He is doing a great job and surely will continue to do so for many seasons ahead. 

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

Are all the rodgers out camp still posting on here? 👊😆😉😎

I admit to having a wobble after how last season ended but I'm absolutely thrilled with the response. Feel like he's learning so much along with the players and we look a more rounded side. Long may it continue

I thought last season he tried to play us down a bit too much and maybe that was reflected in the drop-off.

This season he's much keener to talk us up and mentioning about thinking big. He seems very settled in the role.

• Like 1