Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

30 minutes ago, shen said:

Only Luke Thomas can maybe feel a little hard done by with the return of Castagne.

I think this is going to be one of BR biggest challenges, keeping and developing the talents of players such as Thomas,Amartey and Under...can see all three getting some decent game time v. Brentford

One of my mates (Huddersfield fan) keeps messaging me about how good we are. Says we are the best team to watch due to our direct yet high possession football.

All credit to Rodgers

Edited by bmt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Cue another timely post from @UpTheLeagueFox

Brendan Rodgers PL Record @ Leicester 

P 67      W.35  D.12  L.20

F.119  A.71 GD +48

Points = 117

10 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Are all the rodgers out camp still posting on here? 👊😆😉😎

I don't think anyone is Rodgers Out on FT - even if we (for example) lost the next 4 games I think those who can't warm to him would realise he's got some decent credit in the bank.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

I think this is going to be one of BR biggest challenges, keeping and developing the talents of players such as Thomas,Amartey and Under...can see all three getting some decent game time v. Brentford

As well as the FA Cup we’ve hopefully got the Europa League for a while. With those two plus likely injuries, they’ll all get game time. We’ve got a really deep squad for the first time I can remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

With Lampard being under pressure, I would be concerned if Chelsea were to show interest. There was talk of Arsenal last season but I think he'd be far more interested in Chelsea with their resources and current playing squad. Nights like tonight I realise what a great manager we have. 

Thought the same as I was watching the match. Rodgers would be the perfect man for them to take their young team and get it firing(sound familiar). Doubt Rodgers would have the trust in ownership or support to stick with him as he sorted it out. They're self entitled plastics after all. Rodgers has too much going on here to fly the coop. Rodgers, Rudkin and the owners seem to have a plan that is aggressive and grounded in reality.

Supporters should really get over him leaving in mid season nonsense. Celtic was a totally different circumstance.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

I thought last season he tried to play us down a bit too much and maybe that was reflected in the drop-off.

This season he's much keener to talk us up and mentioning about thinking big. He seems very settled in the role.

He also pissed around with the team every time we played a “big club”, even if they were in rubbish form. Gave them too much respect and didn’t seem to trust us, not now.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He also pissed around with the team every time we played a “big club”, even if they were in rubbish form. Gave them too much respect and didn’t seem to trust us, not now.

I think you are right, he did seem to lose the plot last year against the front runners, and the players will have been far more aware of that than us.

Thankfully, we are transformed now. One day we will learn what the feedback on the slump the players wrote in the summer said, I bet Evans and Vards had something to say. Whatever it was, the fact we seem to be back on the same page speaks volumes about the connection between the squad and the manager.

Also, we have shown the tactical flexibility that I didn't think BR had in his locker this season, which gives me greater confidence in the man, and the fact that we have shown so strongly 2 seasons in a row means it cannot be a coincidence.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

We are going great atm. I would air on the side of caution though. As brilliant as we were against Southampton and Chelsea these sides came out and attacked us which suits our style of play. I still think when sides put 10 men behind the ball and defend we struggle especially at home. We still can’t defend set pieces. I do agree that last season Rodgers showed too much respect to top sides which he doesn’t seem to be doing this season. I do think tactically Rodgers is getting better and hope we don’t fall away like last season. 

I can't remember so many players looking so sharp and in form as they do now, perhaps the 2015/16 but we rode our luck in some of those games still.

Maybe this is Rodgers' philosophy of getting unbelievable fit in training starting to pay dividends, we looked so much fitter than Chelsea last night... 

So many times I’ve had to post after playing the ‘top clubs’ and said we looked scared.

There has been times this has still been the case, probably only a time to be quite honest and that was the Liverpool game.

We've shown no fear when playing Man City, Arsenal (debatable whether they’re classed as a ‘top team’ given their last few seasons), Man Utd or Chelsea though.

We’re playing a much more easier on the eye, exciting, forward game now, at times we can slow it down, play side to side which I’ve always said I appreciate there is a time and a place for, just not playing it exclusively as we were doing, but we are a much more forward thinking, positive team this season. 

Keep it up!

Edited by Matt

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

So many times I’ve had to post after playing the ‘top clubs’ and said we looked scared.

There has been times this has still been the case, probably only a time to be quite honest and that was the Liverpool game.

We've shown no fear when playing Man City, Arsenal (debatable whether they’re classed as a ‘top team’ given their last few seasons), Man Utd or Chelsea though.

We’re playing a much more easier on the eye, exciting, forward game now, at times we can slow it down, play side to side which I’ve always said I appreciate there is a time and a place for, just not playing it exclusively as we were doing, but we are a much more forward thinking, positive team this season. 

Keep it up!

Liverpool game was the only disappointment for me we didn’t believe we could compete. But since then we have come on stronger and honestly last night epitomised a very professional approach we didn’t need to sweat to go into first gear we were very comfortable on and off the ball. 

The sky's the limit for this team and they deserve a trophy or two this season.

• Like 1

The only thing that worries me now is that he might try to go to 3 cbs at the back again to bring in Soyuncu, whilst this formation has its uses they are limited to certain opposition. 

Otherwise he seems to have struck a really good balance and found some consistency with his formations and lineups. Long may it continue as the potential of this team is sky high. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

Thought the same as I was watching the match. Rodgers would be the perfect man for them to take their young team and get it firing(sound familiar). Doubt Rodgers would have the trust in ownership or support to stick with him as he sorted it out. They're self entitled plastics after all. Rodgers has too much going on here to fly the coop. Rodgers, Rudkin and the owners seem to have a plan that is aggressive and grounded in reality.

Supporters should really get over him leaving in mid season nonsense. Celtic was a totally different circumstance.

Tailor made fit Puel for Chelsea...

2 hours ago, Dames said:

The only thing that worries me now is that he might try to go to 3 cbs at the back again to bring in Soyuncu, whilst this formation has its uses they are limited to certain opposition. 

Otherwise he seems to have struck a really good balance and found some consistency with his formations and lineups. Long may it continue as the potential of this team is sky high. 

He's not going to change the shape of the team just to give someone playing time. Especially with everything clicking now. Enjoy. We'll all have something to worry about soon enough.