Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

"They wanted it more" . I cannot ****ing stand it when football fans peddle that absolute tripe.

Get a grip.

We were shit, they were great. Nothing to do with "wanting" it. Sorry but that's utter rubbish.

I don't thing there is any "tripe" about. No need to slate we're all entitled to an opinion and just because YOU disagree there's no need to spit your dummy out!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Or it could that West Ham are a very good team and will have one of their best PL seasons, ever. They put 4 past Wolves last week. 

It was one of those days that happens. Its football (said in a Claudio voice). 

WHU have a knack of rising early on then falling back to mid, lower table.

19 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Which begs the question: What are they doing in training (or the transfer market) to address this obvious and persistent shortcoming?

I remember hearing one of our coaches on the radio 3-4 years ago talking about free-kicks and corners. He said the best ones are with the flatest lowest trajectory ie they come in as low as possible over the defenders head. I thought at the time that this is all well and good, except that whilst trying to achieve this, 9 out of 10 balls don't actually clear the defender! Surely it's better to get more balls into a dangerous goal scoring area regardless of how fast or low they're travelling? 

Well beaten. A few poor performances or moments  today and it was definitely disappointing. But young sides can be inconsistent like Dortmund. Can have some real stinkers...hopefully the break will be a chance to regroup again and not dwell in this.

Very complacent and sloppy performance. We aren’t good enough to turn up half arsed and get away with it, hopefully Rodgers will get stuck into a few. Antonio had Soyuncu all game. Justin I like as a right sided CB in a 3 or as a defensive full back/wing back but going forward he doesn’t have the quality needed. Not sure how Perez gets such a free ride, never seen a professional footballer get the ball stuck under his feet so much, weird to watch. Hopefully just a blip and will be bang at it vs Villa, 4-3-3 Dennis and Youri bossing the park again 

I can't believe he tinkered with that midfield trio that's worked a dream the first three games. That's a poor poor decision. 

And to play three/five at he back when four worked so well as season and in the first two games. Poor.

And I'm constantly baffled as to why Perez has to play. It's a self imposed handicap. As per, the performance levels upped as soon as he left the pitch for Iheanacho

Baffled of Leicester.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I can't believe he tinkered with that midfield trio that's worked a dream the first three games. That's a poor poor decision. 

And to play three/five at he back when four worked so well as season and in the first two games. Poor.

And I'm constantly baffled as to why Perez has to play. It's a self imposed handicap. As per, the performance levels upped as soon as he left the pitch for Iheanacho

Baffled of Leicester.

Errmmm.....not quite sure how to respond to that.

Maybe injuries????

edit: totally agree about Nacho, that’s his best position and he provides way more creativity than Ayoze (bizarrely)

Edited by Dahnsouff

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Errmmm.....not quite sure how to respond to that.

Maybe injuries????

Ok, i getcha. You think I'm perplexed as to why Praet didn't play. 

That'swhat back up is for. I meant play - in this case - Choudhury which  then keeps that midfield buzz that we'd enjoyed previously. And yes, I said it before the match. That midfield groove was absolutely imperative to our recent game

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Some of the worst passing I’ve seen from us. How many times did we give it away without pressure. 

...noticeably Wolves were made to look very poor against these in their last league game!!!

Wolves are no mugs and Nuno has the nous to adapt to formation changes and tactics, has West Ham found a way to stifle progressive clubs or were we both complacent in our approach to this game.

The pivotal aspect of this game to me it seemed was that Perez was ineffective in his role and we were missing Praet in the positions Perez took up with openings being created and Perez not finding the right pass. He just could not link the play with wayward passing and weakness when in possession and bringing Nacho on, took too long.

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

That was disgusting.  Absolutely disgusting.  Worst performance under Rodgers so far.  If that had been 5 or 6 it would have been deserved 

I don’t think it was quite that bad.  WH set up and played very well and caught us on the break several times.

They defended solidly and marked Vardy out of the match for most of it.

We really missed the creative midfielder - Perez was just not up to that job today.

I swear teiliemans doesn't have the engine to perform at this level consistently. 

He was meant to run the game instead he ran out of steam jugging around like a ****ing freight train. 

We need madders to play along side him he was well out of his depth today. 

Not the only reason we Lost but **** me what a tragic showing today. 

3 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

I swear teiliemans doesn't have the engine to perform at this level consistently. 

He was meant to run the game instead he ran out of steam jugging around like a ****ing freight train. 

His workload was increased by 50% today by Rodgers' clamour to somehow fit in Perez at any cost instead of replacing Praet with a midfielder to support Tielemans

4 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Tielemans was the absolute least of our problems today. He was the only player who attempted any creativity.

• Like 2