Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

Just now, Col city fan said:

The reality is that both Mendy and Tielemans were bossed today physically. Particularly by Declan Rice

Its been said before. Mendy offers zero going forward and if the opposition stamps on Tielemans he’s a pedestrian.

It is why without Ndidi, Maddison or praet it doesn’t really work. We needed to switch it from the Man City game for those reasons alone

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

@Matt mate I'm shocked you're not laying in to the side as that was a very abject performance today lol 

The one time I think you wouldn't get pelters for doing so and you go soft :P 

I honestly didn’t think it was that bad.

If people want us to have possession that fine but let’s atleast have it higher up the pitch, not camped in our own half like we have done for the last couple of years.

Today atleast we were higher up the pitch, I admit we didn’t create much but for me as I keep saying that’s because West Ham were solid whilst outleicestering (old style) on the counter.

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

We had possession where it didn’t matter. That’s the crux of the matter.

What in the final third? The end were supposed to be attacking?

I admit we didn’t create much today and didn’t score but I’d rather see us up there then meaninglessly pass side to side and backwards in our own half infront of our own own penalty area - it’s hardly ‘where it matters’ is it?

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think we need a physical option up front to the cross the ball in the air to but we won't have it.

This is part of the reason we look so clueless in these games.

And part of the reason we may see a lot of young Wesley whether he's fully ready to defend in this league or not.  We have been so poor on both ends of corners, and the kid is supposed to be an aerial superstar.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

And part of the reason we may see a lot of young Wesley whether he's fully ready to defend in this league or not.  We have been so poor on both ends of corners, and the kid is supposed to be an aerial superstar.

I hear that Hagrid is available on a free 

7 minutes ago, HeskeyMuzzy said:

Always nice to see so called fans give so much bs to the team and rodgers. Calm down and realise that this sort if things happen. Its just a early wake up call to the team.

And maybe some of our fans.

It's typical Leicester, you can never predict what we're going to do, the last week is testament to that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Admittedly we didn’t trouble them but for me that was because of West Ham being solid.

Ok we didn’t thread any passes through, but equally West Ham didn’t let us - and that was a good job done on their part.

The fact we had possession, pushed forward in that final third was refreshing and encouraging for me given how we’ve largely played in the last couple of years.

Hmmm... they did a great job of making it difficult, but especially in the first half there were final balls through that shouldn't have been that hard to execute, but which we ballsed up. Youri, Barnes and Perez all culpable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

And maybe some of our fans.

It's typical Leicester, you can never predict what we're going to do, the last week is testament to that.

Yes you can. You can predict that BR, illogically, will play exactly the same team and formation against 2 teams with completely different strengths and weaknesses.

Once they scored the opener and then got very lucky with the second, it was always going to be hard to break them down with the players we had out today.

Of course media have them as world beaters today, and you can buy that if you wish.

If we played them tomorrow, I’d back us all day long.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

I honestly didn’t think it was that bad.

If people want us to have possession that fine but let’s atleast have it higher up the pitch, not camped in our own half like we have done for the last couple of years.

Today atleast we were higher up the pitch, I admit we didn’t create much but for me as I keep saying that’s because West Ham were solid whilst outleicestering (old style) on the counter.

What in the final third? The end were supposed to be attacking?

I admit we didn’t create much today and didn’t score but I’d rather see us up there then meaninglessly pass side to side and backwards in our own half infront of our own own penalty area - it’s hardly ‘where it matters’ is it?

There is an argument that moving the ball around in your own half releases space in between the lines as it stops the game becom8ng too compressed and we tend to look good when we start moving forward with some pace BUT that relies on the opposition wanting to press high and West Ham wouldn’t make that error 

1 minute ago, jet-plane said:

Once they scored the opener and then got very lucky with the second, it was always going to be hard to break them down with the players we had out today.

Of course media have them as world beaters today, and you can buy that if you wish.

If we played them tomorrow, I’d back us all day long.

Hmm with the same team and formation? Not sure about this 

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Albrighton would've made sod all difference.

In your opinion, as Crouchy said we needed something different than vardy up front, we needed to create space and give them something to think about and clearly Under wasn't that was he? We had 2 strikers to aim at and we were struggling to pass the ball through them so we needed to get behind them, the times Barnes and vardy did that we looked most of a threat

1 minute ago, Denenden said:

I see, so who subs Ndidi to dominate the center when he is not available?

Mendy comes into the side instead. He doesn't make anywhere near as many tackles, but is better on the ball so can sometimes be better against teams that sit back and play a deep block because it gives us better quality possession.

Today for the first 60 we only had two midfielders instead of the usual 3 so didn't have a numerical advantage there. We still dominated possession but we weren't capable of making any chances with any of that possession as the wingbacks had to go up 1 vs 1 against the West Ham wingbacks and we didn't have wide players ahead of them to help them out or create 2v1 situations out wide.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If we'd lost 3-0 at Man City and pumped West Ham 5-2 I suspect we'd all have a different perspective on 9 points from a possible 12.

Bad day at the office, beaten by a better team today.

Also, I liked how honest BR was afterwards. He can often sugercoat bad days but that was refreshing.

Did he admit he fooked up with the formation or did he blame the players for having a bad day at the office ?