Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham 0-3 Post Mortem

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

"They wanted it more" . I cannot ****ing stand it when football fans peddle that absolute tripe.

Get a grip.

We were shit, they were great. Nothing to do with "wanting" it. Sorry but that's utter rubbish.

Completely agree. The most fvcking Bandwagon generic comment that always comes out after these types of results. 

As if our players didn't "want" to win the game lol

They were just better than us..

My view is we really missed creativity of Madison. Or Praet, passes wayward no timing and west ham played well. 

Can't win them all but that was poor. But fans need to get a grip. United get flogged as does Liverpool. 

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Now the dust has settled, it doesnt seem quite as horrific albeit we were still awful.

For the West Ham system to work they needed every player having at least at 8 out of 10 game and that happened today. On their forum I've even seen numerous people say its the best they've played in over 5 years. 

If we play 4 at the back and get some of our injured players back then we'll be fine against the other fodder in the league.

Like West Ham, we also need to play at that level. When we don't, we struggle. 

We've also struggled to break down the 'other fodder in the league' on many occasions before even with 4 at the back and our best players back. The statement smacks of complacency at best. 

The other major concern for me is we lack physical presence. We were bullied and battered yesterday, and no one really stood up to it. I've said it before but we don't have a real leader in the middle of the field in that respect. And for all Wilf's strong points, he's not that type of player when he returns, nor Maddison. 

55 minutes ago, Hack said:

My view is we really missed creativity of Madison. Or Praet, passes wayward no timing and west ham played well. 

Can't win them all but that was poor. But fans need to get a grip. United get flogged as does Liverpool. 

fair enough liverpool and utd were shit. we cant mask it, we're so one dimensional. 

Well, this is a  depressing read.

12 hours later....I still dont think it was THAT bad. I said during the game it was (to quote the almighty NP)..."A game of Fine Margins". 

To me it was very reminiscent of 14/15 when all the bounces and everything we tried missed by inches, the disallowed goal was a perfect example, we had been playing (attempting) those kind of passes all day and had been SO close on so many of them... Youri's pass completion was probably pretty poor by his standards, but i swear they were just inches away from sublime.

Disappointed by the lack of change at HT, but also disappointed that we didnt have a game changer on the bench anyway.

Also.. just me, or did Vards look a little slow (for Vardy obv.) today... wonder if the groin thing was holding him back?

All in all, a disappointing game, but not a disaster.

• Like 1

Surprised that people are so confused.. this is Premier League! Every game is difficult. The fact Man Utd / Liverpool got royally spanked yesterday should make it a little easier to sleep for you. If not well you well and truly got caught in the 'winning the league syndrome' and got snapped into reality once again.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

We had no shots on target against West Ham. If we were battering their goal with 25 shots and 10 on target then i can accept it just wasn't our day but we were weak as piss against a David Moyes team. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Well, this is a  depressing read.

12 hours later....I still dont think it was THAT bad. I said during the game it was (to quote the almighty NP)..."A game of Fine Margins". 

To me it was very reminiscent of 14/15 when all the bounces and everything we tried missed by inches, the disallowed goal was a perfect example, we had been playing (attempting) those kind of passes all day and had been SO close on so many of them... Youri's pass completion was probably pretty poor by his standards, but i swear they were just inches away from sublime.

Disappointed by the lack of change at HT, but also disappointed that we didnt have a game changer on the bench anyway.

Also.. just me, or did Vards look a little slow (for Vardy obv.) today... wonder if the groin thing was holding him back?

All in all, a disappointing game, but not a disaster.

Zero, Nil, None, not one, zilch, f all, shots on target!..

I'd say that was a disaster , at home, against bloody West Ham!!?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The other major concern for me is we lack physical presence. We were bullied and battered yesterday, and no one really stood up to it. I've said it before but we don't have a real leader in the middle of the field in that respect. And for all Wilf's strong points, he's not that type of player when he returns, nor Maddison. 

Fully agreed - it was a big reason for our fall-off last season and I think it could bite us again. We really could have done with a Cambiasso/Huth-type signing, a bit of an old head (especially for Europe). Carvalho might have provided that, I don’t know where that deal went wrong but would have been perfect to fill in for Ndidi now. No arguments with the signings we have made but they don’t add the know-how that we needed in the middle. We might possibly get someone in on loan, but doesn’t seem to be in Rodgers’ plans at the moment. 

Bad day at black rock. We didn't play well and they played very well. Put it behind us and move on - lets have a response in the next game and not forget that we have a very good team. Its not the end of the world, but what we do next is very important

8 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

Let's be honest here.

Soyuncu seems to  get away  with  bad performances and no criticism.

He was not very good today.

The first goal  was all him.

The second goal was mostly him, even though amartey played the runner on, soy should've looked across the line before stepping up and calling for offside.

The third was due to  chasing the game and Teilemans falling asleep with a runner near him.

As much  as i like him, he does seem to  have a brain fritz a bit too often.

He like others were well of the pace ,und his decision making & Positioning for the goals was poor....but I like the guy ,Not just for the now,but knowing he is

still Learning his professionas a CB, he is still maturing & growing into this spot,where Evans is the finished article...

12 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

We missed Praet and Maddison and were forced into a formation that didn't suit the way the opposition set up.

Take it on the chin and move on. 

Took the words out of my mouth, we need either of these for Youri to perform at least.

47 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Bad day at black rock. We didn't play well and they played very well. Put it behind us and move on - lets have a response in the next game and not forget that we have a very good team. Its not the end of the world, but what we do next is very important

It's only bloody Villa!!.

Who just stuck 7 past the PL Champions 😲🦊😲

• Sad 1

I don't really know why Liverpool and Man Utd getting hammered would make me think better of our performance yesterday.

We had 70% possession, 4 shots at goal and none of them were on target....at home to West Ham. Nothing can sugar coat that.

18 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

We missed Praet and Maddison and were forced into a formation that didn't suit the way the opposition set up.

Take it on the chin and move on. 

Is it not worrying though that two injuries can derail us like that? It's not the fact we lost, it's how ineffective we were.

That total lack of depth is going to massively hold us back this season, as it will be a season on injuries and fatigue.

The worrying thing is like with so many of the games that have been shit over the past 10 months, you get the feeling whilst watching that the game could go on another 90mins and we still wouldn’t look like scoring.

Instead of watching a late resurgence and feeling like it was unlucky in the end, you just want the final whistle to go to end the misery,

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No Praet or Maddison is at play here IMO. The way play as a team you have to have that creativity in midfield otherwise we are so easy to play against when we gift a team the lead.

That sounds like an excuse and we should have done better even with the players available. Its a wake up call.

Gutted Barnes goal didn't stand as that was superb from him. Terrible days work all in all.

Agree with this. Without these two, we're not as good in possession and don't set up as many chances.  

It was a wake up call and we got what we deserved.  Let's move on and come back stronger next game.

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

Against Villa :unsure:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jerry said:

Against Villa :unsure:

They'll be high on confidence, but we have no reason to be scared. If we play our game and have either Praet or Maddison in for Perez, I am very confident we can get something from that game. 

Obviously if we perform like we did yesterday and Villa do the same, then Grealish and co. will have a field day.

14 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Keep reading all the comments and really upset that Cags the only one to be picked as a scapegoat.

He wasn't at his best but before executing him on front of the firing squad how about we all looking at,

- Evans is not a speedster because if his age and it leaves Cags  to deal with the contra attacks.

- Both left and right backs contribution was next to nothing today. Watch the 3rd goal we've conceeded today. Youri was the last man trying to defend at the back while Cags facing the attacker by himself.

- When you start the game with both Barnes and Perez, this put extreme pressure on midfielders because these two's don't possess defensive qualities. This was very luxurious choice for BR. 

When your midfield under pressure it puts your defenseman under pressure plus if you have over 30's CD plus crazy attack living wingers, poor Cags were fighting a loosing battle.

Gents, before blaming one of the brightest defender of Europe whom Barcelona to pay $100 mil,  please watch the game one more time and find out where were the other defenders and their position when we conceded 3 goals. I guarantee you all that Cags was there battling by himself stop to be happened.

If you think Cags is the only scapegoat then you need to have a look at the Perez thread.

• Like 1