Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

We finally have the option of bringing on a striker, who is good in the air and instead of whipping balls in the box (which we normally do in these situations in games). We start prancing around the 18 yard box like a ballet troupe. 

Brendan paid the price for going safe by bringing Hamza on and taking Mendy off rather than taking Perez off and getting Under to have a go. Hamza’s positional sense is stopping him from being a holding midfielder, he’s either an all action box to box midfielder in a midfield 3 or he’s nothing at this point. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I thought he was good today especially first half? Were you not convinced? 

Half this board spent the last 2 years trying to convince everyone how shite Chillwell is now they are trying to say our best player in the first 5 games isn't an upgrade! 

This place is bi polar! 

It’s a long season, don’t remember many complaining about BC in the first 18 games. Second half of the season was a different matter.

Thats my point, consistency is the key.

if Timmy has a good season then people should say he is better than BC 

5 games is a little early 

Don't get the Perez hate from this game. None of our players managed any kind of attacking quality, but Perez at least worked hard on helping contain Grealish somehow. Villa is in a golden patch at the moment, so of course they would be a struggle with our injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Do you have any idea what other clubs would give for Cags, Ricardo, Wilf, Maddison and Vardy to come back? 

...Assuming others don’t then go off with injuries especially with the EL just about to give us additional games.

8 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

That we didn’t deserve to lose, Fofana gives him great hope for the future, Vardy out for Thursday and Soyuncu is out for 3 months 

Shit happens it’s the beginning of the season we’ll get back to being amazing again !!

Souyuncu out for 3 months which is a dreadful scenario for us really think Fofana will step up we need to play Perez down the centre in Vardy’s place Thursday I’d play JJ on the right Castagne on the left Fofana & Evans CB big wes needs to stay fit to step in if needed Wilf out for a while midfield of Tielemans Mendy  Barnes on left under on right Perez in Vardy role Nacho behind maybe a 4-2-2-1-1 for Thursday 

Edited by justfoxes

I like Hamza but he's caught in a quandry, thanks to the abuse following the Klopp business last yearI I think this has got to him and he's not playing with confidence, abandon he did previously. Concentration though is key and it looks like he may be struggling in that department. 

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We have a pretty good squad of players now (and some rubbish too tbf)

And yes, we have injuries

BUT, I’m starting to wonder now whether someone else could get more from this lot than Rodgers can?

Someone wrote earlier, under Rodgers since Jan 1st, we’ve amassed 26 points from 22 games.... 

The jury needs to be out tbh.

Rodgers ISNT untouchable and some of the football we’ve played this year has been awful.

Yes we have a good squad but the mix is wrong, I've said it many times over the past two seasons. You can have great players but the balance throughout the side has to also be right. Look at Villa, They were all strong, physical, and could play.

Unlike us, Youri, Perez Barnes, Skillful but offer no physical presence.

I'm not really a fan of Brendan's but admit I was warming to him somewhat.

It's hard to be critical with the level of first team regular injuries. Most teams would struggle with the list we have.

But it's more the style we play the lack of passion and the amount of good moves that break down over poor passing coupled with our poor set pieces which is infuriating. Brendan doesn't seem to notice or do anything about.

He needs to shake things up and quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Wank.

Toothless without Vardy, best start looking for a 100m striker now.

We weren't any better with Vardy against West Ham.

The issue is Brenda being more bothered about defending for a point at home against Villa rather than actually going for it in any way.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't be ridiculous. 

I absolutely guarantee we'll be top 10 if not top 6. We'll certainly finish 10 points clear of Villa. 

Do you have any idea what other clubs would give for Cags, Ricardo, Wilf, Maddison and Vardy to come back? 

Extremely unlikely. Two of those players won't be back much before February when the season will be half over. We've go the  Euorpa league to play in and not enough players to cope. We might get a top 10 finish is if we basically ditch the Europa League and keep our best players fit for the league. Next 4 league matches look like a possible return of 0 points. Maddison is clearly struggling and Ricardo won't be match fit for weeks either. Right now I don't see how we can compete effectively in more than one competition.

5 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Don't get the Perez hate from this game. None of our players managed any kind of attacking quality, but Perez at least worked hard on helping contain Grealish somehow. Villa is in a golden patch at the moment, so of course they would be a struggle with our injuries. 

He was the best player of the front 4,but that's a low bar.

the goal was a absoloute cluster **** after all the hard work to grind out a draw, considering barkley has done this before.

two players go out to grealish , neither one goes with  barkley who takes the ball and runs 30 yards free, back four don;t engage 

If I was in that dressing room there would be a serious ****ing inquest into that

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Rodgers ISNT untouchable and some of the football we’ve played this year has been awful.

What does it achieve though? Some of the football we've played this year has been awful at times. But then it's also been amazing at times, right? Didn't we beat Villa 4-0 the last time we met? We beat ManC not that long ago.    

A bunch of people saying BR has got 4 games left. He's got 10 games left. Like what does this actually mean? If he loses the next 4 games, are they going to start "demanding" he's fired? Are we that club now? Our team is in development, a lot of young players and a LOT of players injured (including basically our only striker and regular goal scorer). And that for me is the thing I wished the club could have addressed, they didn't, so we support what we have got and hope Vardy gets better soon and we fix it in the winter transfer window.