Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Jamie Vardy and Ricardo and to slightly lesser extent Ndidi are 3 world class players of course 3 World class players would have made a difference in a tight game like that! 

Agreed that Vardy would cause more disruption and panic but I've been pretty impressed with Mendy this season and his passing is slicker than Ndidi's 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

You're getting the two players performances mixed up? In the time Slim was on, he fell over trying to win a header, practically gifted the ball to the defender while trying to dribble and started an attack for the opposition. While not bothering to close down their back 4, which is where the attack started that led to the goal. 

Nacho for all his faults, is quality at chasing down the defence and works tirelessly to press high up the pitch. When he went off, Perez and Slim did nothing to prevent them playing our from the back. 

This place can be so bloody defensive so much of the time

The reality was that Slimani when he came on was absolutely bloody awful. He genuinely DID look like a Veteran.

Dont forget boys and girls, this bloke cost our club nearly 30 million quid and an awful lot of wages. 
‘I’ve said it before, regarding value for money, he’s got to be about City’s worst ever signing.
Absolutely stealing a living

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You need to watch Mendy properly. He did tire but he was the only midfielder doing his job for over an hour. 

I’ve watched him for years he’s not good enough, never has been and never will be.

He try’s hard and I’m trying to not be too harsh on him but he isn’t good enough and we were effectively playing with 10 men for a lot of game. Defensively we were superb today but we had far to much pressure on the back 4 due to Tielemens and Mendy getting the run round! Vs both villa and West Ham it was the same. It can’t continue or we’ll get run over every game.

Praets energy is crucial to make it work. The thing with Tielemens is for his lack of energy/fitness he makes up for it with talent to open a game up, Mendy unfortunately offers nothing going forward and nothing going back.

Its time to get a new enforcer in January because we are useless without Wilf.

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Brendon will always stick with Parez because he paid neatly £30 for a £10 million player.

He will continue to try to cover up that mistake .

Also unless Mendy was injured the Hamza sub was a waste and unnecessary. Also this is not real football.

Agree especially with your last sentence - no fans it's not football, just a fantasy game. I'd rather scrap it all until we can get back to watching in the ground - this internet way of watching is driving me mad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rigga said:

It’s Rodgers job to strengthen our squad so when we do miss key players, we are able to compete... he has had his transfer windows and still refuses to get a striker in... and our squad is still no stronger than when we had the collapse from Xmas onwards.. This was coming...

What are you smoking? Catagne is better than Chillwell and maybe I don't know much about football but Fofana looks a slight upgrade on Ryan Fuching Bennett so when players leave and better ones arrive that's called strengthening the squad! 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's going to be months before we see those 3 together again. So we need to find a way to win without 1 or more of them.

Of course, I agree. But you can't ignore their influence on the games when they do play. Ndidi is a huge miss in midfield. Just his presence alone would make other teams' midfielders think about changing their game to overcome him. It's like Liverpool being without Adrian & Van Dijk. They just aren't the same threat. Any side missing their big players will have that problem.

We weren't bad. Defensively solid, dealt with them very well. I understand Mendy was knackered but the Choudhury substitution was strange, and then he let the team down big time for the goal. Shame as we were clearly deserved of a point.

They did a job on Tielemans and it's a shame Praet is not quite fully fit because I'd have took Tielemans off instead for Maddison. A couple of key changes influenced by a lack of fitness, it's fair to say.

Difficult to then get the wingers involved when you have Praet pushed so high (was it supposed to be a 4-2-3-1?) and then Youri sat far too deep desperate to find room.

Young Wesley Fofana is absolutely terrific, mind. Look forward to seeing more of him.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

This place can be so bloody defensive so much of the time

The reality was that Slimani when he came on was absolutely bloody awful. He genuinely DID look like a Veteran.

Dont forget boys and girls, this bloke cost our club nearly 30 million quid and an awful lot of wages. 
‘I’ve said it before, regarding value for money, he’s got to be about City’s worst ever signing.
Absolutely stealing a living

We tried to get rid of him and couldn't, while we have injuries and we're paying his wages we might as well use him. He was no worse than Ihenacho.

• Like 1

Just now, chapero82 said:

BR just said he took Mendy off for more energy 

Also said “Barkley has great running ability”.

So Choudhury was put on to counter the threat of Barkley in the middle of the park with more energy and more legs...

Switching off and leaving the one man you’ve specifically been put on to nullify, to do exactly what your manager doesn’t want him to do, is a quick way to lose the faith and trust of your manager, Hamza.

• Like 1

Both West Ham and Villa had dominant players who played with energy. We have neither, back 4 do it ok but every one else on our side is easily bullied. We miss Ndidi on that front. Perez, Barnes, Iheanacho, even Maddison and Tielemans are shrugged off the ball far to easy. Mendy tries but he doesn't have the stature. We are missing some physicality. 

• Like 2