Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Worth noting as well how poor Barnes was. Occasionally he'll make you think he'll be brilliant but lets be honest, 7 or 8 times out 10 he is terrible and lacks any sort of imagination with the ball at his feet. Dominated by Cash who was on a yellow. 

Barnes looked over confident. Which is an odd thing to be saying. He kept trying to skin players in our own half and was ignoring easy passes. One really ticked me off because he got away with failing to go round once and tried again instead of laying it off for Justin to cross to a crowded box

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Injuries matter and they've had a devastating effect. After the restart last season, losing Ricardo/Chilwell/Maddison weakened the club to the point where it cost them the Champions League. Now you've got Ricardo/Ndidi, Soyuncu/Vardy and Maddison still unable to go 90, it's too much to overcome.  Difference is when top 6 clubs get to this point, they can still put quality Premier League talent out on the pitch. Leicester is forced to turn to Championship level talent.  Sucks but what can you do?

Not sure many 20m and 30m players turn out for Chanpionship teams 

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

How could you not notice!? Mendy looked absolutely out of his depth for the entire 2nd half and i was screaming for that sub about 15 mins before it did. It was only for Forfana whilst we were still 0-0 when Hamza came on.

Much as I don’t rate Hamza he has to start over Mendy because teams over run us too easy otherwise.

lol Mendy done a job for 80 minutes and on comes Hamza, leaves space in behind and boom GOAL .. what a load of rubbish

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Worth noting as well how poor Barnes was. Occasionally he'll make you think he'll be brilliant but lets be honest, 7 or 8 times out 10 he is terrible and lacks any sort of imagination with the ball at his feet. Dominated by Cash who was on a yellow. 

He was worse than Perez today but doesn't get anywhere near the criticism.

Everytime he had the ball he didnt look up and just cut inside and ran straight at cash. So predictable, one-dimensional and so easy to defend against tonight. There were 2 or 3 occasions where he had a great pass on but just ran straight into traffic instead. If that was Gray people would have been screaming at him calling him greedy.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bfox said:

That IF we have everyone fit and healthy and a good chunk of them are in decent form, otherwise its post XMAS rubbish all day long

Isnt it common knloledge that after the man city game 6 of our players were on pain killers.

Our under 23s needs to start producing talent get travares into the first team. And start loaning some of them out. We should have loaned darnell and KDH a long time ago. We need the acedemy to create some cannon fodder for us.

• Like 1

looking at this without getting peed off we have a miss mash side out there with players coming back from injury plus some newbies and lots of key guys out. I was starting to think villa would win this easy. Well villa was villa with greasylish predictable in every way but Timmy had him as contained as one can. Look lads we almost had a point until the end which is the real kick in the balls if you ask me. Damn Damn Damn! Hope this doesn't dent our confidence. Oh and Slim sorry man if we can't get the ball to you in the box you're useless. I'd rather Under come on for that 2nd half. Oh well lets move on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

Last few games we've been too bothered about the opposition than ourselves. Playing it safe for 90 minutes. Even when we brought Slimani on we decided to bring Choudhury on after instead of Under to potentially create something up front for him - it was seen better for Perez to hover around for the whole match helping out Castagne with Grealish.

I'd even have rather Albrighton come on for Perez and try to create half an opening on Slimani's boncer than stick with Perez.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If we play anything like the last two games I don't think we'll be qualifying for Europe through our league position that's for sure...

Agree...

if we are not careful we won’t just loose one big player next summer.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Now all you are going to hear is will villa do a Leicester after 4 games if the season. Can’t wait for someone to tear them a new one 

Don't be bitter.

They're a good side now and will likely finish top half or better.