Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Villa post match

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so the Mendy sub was tactical as he wanted more energy in the midfield........right then

dunno what to say about that tbh

As I said before, I still think this was a reasonable call. Youri and Mendy had done okay but were tiring and Barkley was finding more space as Traore was pulling the back 4 further apart. Hamza's job was to close the space and restrict Barkley- a reasonable thing to ask of a DM. Hamza got caught ball-watching though and failed to do literally the one thing he was asked to do. BR should cop the flack for our poor attacking play but that was the right call and he's entitled to expect more from Hamza. Hope he gave him an absolute bollocking at FT.

• Like 4

Just now, justfoxes said:

Definitely was weird how the best physio in the League  was sacked !!

He was causing issues in the dressing room. Part of the clubs furniture and obviously had comfort in sharing his opinions with the players... so I think the club didn’t take too kindly to this and along with the coaching staff agreed to boot him. 

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

As I said before, I still think this was a reasonable call. Youri and Mendy had done okay but were tiring and Barkley was finding more space as Traore was pulling the back 4 further apart. Hamza's job was to close the space and restrict Barkley- a reasonable thing to ask of a DM. Hamza got caught ball-watching though and failed to do literally the one thing he was asked to do. BR should cop the flack for our poor attacking play but that was the right call and he's entitled to expect more from Hamza. Hope he gave him an absolute bollocking at FT.

agree with you there, i think the call should have been to keep Mendy on and take Youri off since Mendy is more than capable of a decent pass and has good vision too,

thats the thing with Hamza atm, hes caught ball watching far too much imo

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 2

Well. Another home game against a team we’d expect to beat and we’ve not made their keeper make a half decent save. It’s sad that we’ve come away from a game and the only thing we can muster up as a positive is our new £35m signing looked promising. There was literally nothing else to shout about. 

More often than not we are too predictable and we are too easy to play against. We don’t switch the play enough. Individual players are getting worked out. Teams will happily soak it quite comfortably and try and hit us on the counter, because it’s not as if the pressure is relentless like you’d get from Man City or Liverpool. We haven’t penned Villa or West Ham in, in 180 minutes. 

It’s all quite pretty until we get to the final third and then we run out of ideas. Games coming thick and fast, players dropping like flies. We need to pray we don’t get any more injuries.

It’s gonna be tough on the squad because with the injuries we have, the players we want to rest Thursday nights are going to have to play more than we would’ve liked. 

• Like 2

Disappointed royally about tonight’s result I know I’m going to get weeks of pi ss taking from VILE FAns at work from tomorrow for a week or 6 looking forward to our trip in Europe but really pi ssed as my mate lives in Athens and is an AEK HUGE fan but Covid stopping us getting together for this fixture so we’ve said FaceTime a few beers and the game to be getting on with only trouble no amazing Athens Greek food after !!

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

agree with you there, i think the call should have been to keep Mendy off and take Youri off since Mendy is more than capable of a decent pass and has good vision too,

thats the thing with Hamza atm, hes caught ball watching far too much imo

Good point, I agree with you. I guess maybe Rodgers thought that Youri was marginally more likely to produce something that might actually win us the game. Mendy was better tonight though.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He was causing issues in the dressing room. Part of the clubs furniture and obviously had comfort in sharing his opinions with the players... so I think the club didn’t take too kindly to this and along with the coaching staff agreed to boot him. 

so are we to blame the injuries on the coaching not the physio, obviously the amount of games isn't helping anyone

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well. Another home game against a team we’d expect to beat and we’ve not made their keeper make a half decent save. It’s sad that we’ve come away from a game and the only thing we can muster up as a positive is our new £35m signing looked promising. There was literally nothing else to shout about. 

More often than not we are too predictable and we are too easy to play against. We don’t switch the play enough. Individual players are getting worked out. Teams will happily soak it quite comfortably and try and hit us on the counter, because it’s not as if the pressure is relentless like you’d get from Man City or Liverpool. We haven’t penned Villa or West Ham in, in 180 minutes. 

It’s all quite pretty until we get to the final third and then we run out of ideas. Games coming thick and fast, players dropping like flies. We need to pray we don’t get any more injuries.

It’s gonna be tough on the squad because with the injuries we have, the players we want to rest Thursday nights are going to have to play more than we would’ve liked. 

He's got to mix it up, but the problem there is he then tinkers too much. I feel at home when games are like this, we need to go more direct and try and concede needless possession to the opposition a bit and create some space. If we don't score in the 1st half and a team sits tight then its fairly easy to play against us, likewise if we gift opposition goals like vs West Ham. The pits

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

So how do you know that was the one thing BR asked Hamza to do? 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

so are we to blame the injuries on the coaching not the physio, obviously the amount of games isn't helping anyone

No, you can’t blame injuries really on anyone, sometimes you get bad luck with them. N’didi’s wasn’t just a poorly maintained muscle injury, Madders is still recovering from an Op, Vardy is known to have a groin and ankle issue, Cags not to sure what he has at the moment.... there not injuries sustained through negligence of the physio’s more rotten luck. 

Still early in the season so no need to panic yet even tho the injury list is getting worse. A lot of teams will have the same problem this season so it will have plenty of twists. Villa are a horrible team to play against just moan and foul and get away with it. Maybe playing arsenal next may be good as they are not as good defensively and if we can do what we did to Man City (long shot I know) we may get something from it. 

• Haha 1