Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Maddison

15 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s not always the end product stats you need to look at. Grealish drives at defences and create space for others. He also draws the most fouls in the league. I like Maddison and he’s a good player but he’s not a patch on Grealish. He won’t be at Villa for long. 

I did see three times where Grealish overplayed yesterday. Very rarely picked up by the pundits.

One moment where he kept onto the ball in a 3 on 3 situation was defended out wide and then preceded to stick a nothing cross in. 

He’s a cracking player but really think there’s a fair bit of game to work on. For the first twenty five minutes yesterday, he continually allowed Castagne to steam forward without challenge 

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The difference is that Grealish would die for Aston Villa alaways gives 110%, don't think Maddison would does that for Leicester

...Grealish has a mentor in John Terry....when you have someone like that to advise you, it takes you up another level!!!

Grealish at least on the pitch has matured and has an input in the team and how the managers wishes are implemented on it. I have stated before that Tielemans needs to adapt the ability to lead on the pitch, not questioning his talents but he can not control or dictate the direction of the team/game. He needs someone to teach him the skill of leadership.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dayday said:

As good as Grealish is he drives me mad with his constant cheating, every game he rolls around like he’s been hacked down

I really loathe the bloke if I’m honest

Ironically, exactly what we need in our side. Fair enough he might throw himself over once or twice a game but he's extremely clever at drawing the foul. The amount of times he took any small amount of momentum we built up away by carrying the ball and winning a free kick in our half.

We have no one with that clever game management. 

• Like 1

We are so lucky to have him, I hope people realise this. He, however is often the only creative source on the pitch and gets targeted by other teams. When we are fully on it, you see what he is capabale of. But we far too often have games where our wingers offer very little and he struggles. 

When we sre back to full full strength I’m sure he will improve as the bodies around him do. 

He has all of the technical ability that grealish has, the only real difference is that Jacks actually pretty strong and offers a bit more power in his game than mads. 

I know which of the 2 id prefer to try and tackle. But there really isn’t a great deal in it

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, foxsake said:

Sure, all very good points. My initial criticism is basically how he projects his personality in public which I find unlikable. As I said, I hope he proves me wrong because I liked him initially.

After my 66+ years, Maddisons character and Being captured on the new fang-Dangled Social media ,his projections are marshmellow stuff,compared to

Many..ie Grealish earlier,England cricket,&Football players ignoring  Civic- Protection rules...Maddison Backpack,or hairstyles,Pictures in Dubai with mates

Come on....Hes a guy living a dream,been more than humble in his Handling of modern life,shown caring...and Enjoys a Bit of craiq as a young man....

Not once unlike Grealish embarrassed his club,or country...

Your searching for negatives....

I am old fashioned, But Maddison has so far Not been any where near Making me Feel uncomfortable...Hes a modern young man in modern times....

Plus I find some Posters embarrasing & for men too bitchy ,when valuating a players off-field moments...If seems many men have taken to the soaps, &

Goggle-box whining Unreal ,immature lives....Thats whats more worrying..Fan-bases are like nagging snidey old fisherwives.

Todays World is producing some Beautiful hard women,but its the man becoming wimps and snidey snickering losers....They have been brainwashed by the

media celebrity-cycles and joined the " Scratch your Eyes out brigade",

I Hope Maddison Completes his Backpack collection,& collect many Albums of selfies with Drinking partners in Exotic places...but more importantly he expands

on his footballing potential with Leicester city....After he settles,After a longish injury..He is The type of Player we need...

Only my opinion like...!!

• Like 1

I think he's a bit overrated and dining out a bit on a couple of purple patches he's had.  I may be wrong about this as I'm not as close to it as most on here but I don't get the impression he has a great attitude/mentality either.

The age he's at means the next two years are crunch time for him If he wants to become a top player.  When he comes back into the side he needs to start showing a real aggression to dominate games and do that week in week out and become a leader in this team in a creative sense.

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Don't agree with that. Grealish has pushed on in the last 10 months or so whereas Maddison has been a part of a struggling team and has had numerous knocks himself.

When they're both fit and firing I think Maddison is more than his equal.

You know Grealish plays for Villa, ignoring the last 4 games, I'd say they were the definition of a struggling team?

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

After my 66+ years, Maddisons character and Being captured on the new fang-Dangled Social media ,his projections are marshmellow stuff,compared to

Many..ie Grealish earlier,England cricket,&Football players ignoring  Civic- Protection rules...Maddison Backpack,or hairstyles,Pictures in Dubai with mates

Come on....Hes a guy living a dream,been more than humble in his Handling of modern life,shown caring...and Enjoys a Bit of craiq as a young man....

Not once unlike Grealish embarrassed his club,or country...

Your searching for negatives....

I am old fashioned, But Maddison has so far Not been any where near Making me Feel uncomfortable...Hes a modern young man in modern times....

Plus I find some Posters embarrasing & for men too bitchy ,when valuating a players off-field moments...If seems many men have taken to the soaps, &

Goggle-box whining Unreal ,immature lives....Thats whats more worrying..Fan-bases are like nagging snidey old fisherwives.

Todays World is producing some Beautiful hard women,but its the man becoming wimps and snidey snickering losers....They have been brainwashed by the

media celebrity-cycles and joined the " Scratch your Eyes out brigade",

I Hope Maddison Completes his Backpack collection,& collect many Albums of selfies with Drinking partners in Exotic places...but more importantly he expands

on his footballing potential with Leicester city....After he settles,After a longish injury..He is The type of Player we need...

Only my opinion like...!!

I am not searching for negatives, they were presented to me when I tuned in to hear what he had to say and from that my opinion was formed. As I already said he is obviously brilliant from a technical perspective. Am I supposed to like his personality because you are +66 years old? You seem to imply that I am somehow less of a man because I don't like the way he comes across in interviews. If you want to talk about gender-based weaknesses then smearing a person in a passive-aggressive manner is typically female behaviour so maybe you want to have a word with yourself. Anyway, thanks for reaching out from the left side of the bell curve, He-Man.

Much prefer Maddison as a person (as much as anyone can prefer people they’ve never met) and I don’t like the dirty side of Grealish’a game but for me Grealish is a class above at the minute. He’s approaching elite level for me. He has the ability to dribble and drive through players which is rare. He annoying but he’s very, very very good and I would absolutely love him here. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

4 minutes ago, foxsake said:

I am not searching for negatives, they were presented to me when I tuned in to hear what he had to say and from that my opinion was formed. As I already said he is obviously brilliant from a technical perspective. Am I supposed to like his personality because you are +66 years old? You seem to imply that I am somehow less of a man because I don't like the way he comes across in interviews. If you want to talk about gender-based weaknesses then smearing a person in a passive-aggressive manner is typically female behaviour so maybe you want to have a word with yourself. Anyway, thanks for reaching out from the left side of the bell curve, He-Man.

Firstly...very amusing..:crylaugh::beer:

His personality Off field,doesn't come  into it...and being he doesn't Show any Asbo or social discretions,I Dont see why People would bring his character

into question....

I thought well some smearing right now seems passable...so consequences of pulling out total irrelevant negatives must have a raport...

My female Side Kicked in....And my bell curves tend   to ring on the left-side....

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yep, no doubt about it.

Carries the ball better and is much more direct/forceful.

I said last season I thought Grealish was better than Maddison. Grealish got more goals and assits in a side that spent the majority of the season in the bottom 3. Maddison played for a side that finished 5th and got about 3 assists all season.

If the only good player in a poor side does not get more goals and assists, who else at Villa would have? Everything at Villa last season went through Grealish. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bevan said:

This is in no way me blaming Maddison for our recent form or laying in to him as he has barely played. I just hope when he is back fit he can really pick up some form. Last season he was as good as Grealish at points and going toe to toe with him and was around the england squad. Now though Grealish has gone to another level and i just wonder if Maddison is capable of taking it up another level. On form he is definitely better than Mason Mount but Grealish i am not sure about. Just wondered what people thought?

How many games have Maddison played or started this season? How many this year (2020)?

Not sure why some folks (not necessarily you in particular) are ripping into him when essentially his dip in form has largely coincided with an unfortunate of injuries - or because some simply do not like his lifestyle while ignoring Grealish’s even worse off-field issues. When we were rattling off a record run of victories last year, Maddison looked a class above while frankly Grealish looked an overrated cheat with flashes of brilliance. In fairness to Grealish, he has continued to progress (moreso with considerably more support this season). However, since Maddison is still significantly hampered by injuries the comparison seems rather misplaced when both are not operating at 100% each. Form fluctuates, but class would be judged over a longer period. The jury is still a long ways out IMHO.

Edited by NaijaFox

I think Maddison is a player of big talent, but often isn't actually that effective. When did Maddison last turn a game for us? For me to justify the hype he's got to do that more often. He gets made out to be our key player by neutrals and I just don't think that's the case.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, frany104 said:

Grealish has and always had been a better player. He makes things happen. Maddison is a good player but over rated. He’s nowhere near the levels of Grealish.

It was harsh accepting this but once you do it's painfully obvious. Maddison for me is a Europa League level player. Grealish could play for a Man City. I really think he's that good.

• Like 1

Yeah alright Grealish is better than Maddison fine, but get out his arse ffs. The media have been nothing but Jack Grealish for months now for a just above average player being made to look great by a below average side that’s overachieving at the minute. Can’t believe we are comparing a nights performance of a 100% fit player that’s played every game for months on end to a player that’s coming back from injury. 

Grealish is class but he is a really unlikeable ****. Diving and going down easy is one thing, and our players have done it also, but constantly looking to get other players booked/sent off for every tackle is just appalling. Castagne should never have been booked last night for his tackle on Grealish but because Grealish screamed at the ref to book him, he did. I accept that he gets a lot of rough challenges on him but Barnes got just as much stick last night  but each time got up and carried on. Grealish has to make a big scene every time someone goes near him and it is utterly pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think Maddison is a player of big talent, but often isn't actually that effective. When did Maddison last turn a game for us? For me to justify the hype he's got to do that more often. He gets made out to be our key player by neutrals and I just don't think that's the case.

Not since 2019