Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Maddison

Abit weird how many insults he's getting,this wasn't his game,we needed a counter attacking outlet or at least a defensive one like Praet to help Marc,this isn't his position, Maddison will never be a winger,and when brendan realises that he can be dropped for some matches is when we flourish

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Grealish>Maddison

Grealish carries and dribbles the ball so much better. Maddison doesn't have the same impact.

Don't think maddison has improved in a year, but Grealish has kicked on for sure. 

Your bang on, tbf even last season I would say grealish was a better player, grealish is quite a way in front of Maddison tbf, 

I don't think Maddison wants to be a "luxury" but his lack of strength and mobility can make him look that way against a side who can just run over the top of you like Liverpool can.

Having said that, there was an infuriating 3 minute spell tonight where he 1) made no effort against Matip in a duel when he was 70/30 favourite to win it 2) Stopped a decent spell of possession by duffing a no look outside of the foot pass straight into a defender 3) made a half hearted effort to stop a ball going out for a goal kick when it looked possible to keep it in for a crossing opportunity.

He is a player who'll look great in a side dominating the ball and getting numbers forward in and around him, or when we are counter attacking and someone can feed him quickly in transition when he has some space to pick out a runner. And that will limit his ceiling as a player.

Edited by martyn

He plays as a number 10 and we barely got it to the edge of their area. There was a play where he dribbled the ball across the edge of their box looking for someone to make a run and no one moved. Be careful what you wish for because madders could go United and get straight in that side and make an impact imo 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bizarre that Madison is being singled out. Guess people are just too immature to accept it when we lose and need somebody to cast their bile at.

He’s not being singled out, the majority of the team were shit, but his performances deserve to be questioned mate.

Yes he’s been injured, but how many times have fans come on here and said that he doesn’t influence games enough.

The guy is our main creative player, I think he got 3 assists last season, that is a shit contribution. 

He is so hit and miss it’s unreal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

He’s not being singled out, the majority of the team were shit, but his performances deserve to be questioned mate.

Yes he’s been injured, but how many times have fans come on here and said that he doesn’t influence games enough.

The guy is our main creative player, I think he got 3 assists last season, that is a shit contribution. 

I think that’s a very fair assessment 

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Bizarre that Madison is being singled out. Guess people are just too immature to accept it when we lose and need somebody to cast their bile at.

I do at times wonder if Leicester is colllectively able to 'do' class. A minute's silence was always a nightmare at both filbert st and the KP - I don't think I ever heard one observed without a baaa sheep sound being made.  We were unable to enjoy / appreciate Andrea Bocelli. And probably there's some in the crowd that would still choose Iain Hume over Maddison

Madders is a joyous player. I love him to bits. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

More miss unfortunately.

A few flashes of brilliance but he doesn’t do it game after game yet.

He looks for to many free kicks that slows us down a lot.

His corners are terrible and he lacks physical strength. 
He is a good player nice first touch and good passer, He needs to dominate games more as our main creator.