Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Maddison

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not since 2019

When did Maddison last do what Barkley did yesterday? Grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game?

He cannot be considered our star player until he's doing things like that. Tielemans is the same. Tielemans hasn't scored from open play in a year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Grealish is the saviour of England, he’s the next Gazza/Beckham if only Southgate would realise it :frusty:

Maddison is a top quality top half premier league attacking midfielder, he was level with Grealish but over the past 6 months Grealish had taken his game to another level, whereas Maddison thinks he’s better than he actually is. For evidence if this, my barber (a West Ham fan) agrees :-)

While I don't disagree Grealish is currently ahead, it's worth noting that in those 6 months Madders has had significantly less game time.

Stats from transfermarkt
Grealish - 14 games (1260 mins)
Madders - 3.5 games (311)

They're fine players and when on top of their games are a joy to watch.
The challenge Madders needs to embrace when fully fit is upping his consistency and influence. For me that's the difference why Grealish just edges it.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

When did Maddison last do what Barkley did yesterday? Grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game?

He cannot be considered our star player until he's doing things like that. Tielemans is the same. Tielemans hasn't scored from open play in a year.

Tottenham last season? He played really well against Arsenal too.

His on-pitch stuff, at times, is more frustrating than his off-pitch. He needs to release the ball quicker, stop turning into trouble and going to ground easily. Off the pitch I think he speaks really well and apparently was very vocal and supportive during the restart when he wasn't playing. And he's pissed off The Sun which should gain plenty of plus points.

8 hours ago, foxsake said:

I find Maddison's general attitude a touch annoying. He's like a cocksure estate agent who's constantly sniffing and brushing powder away from his lapels while he tells you about his 'boss man' sales record from last month and jangles the keys of his new car in your face.

His cockiness is inversely proportional to his love for LCFC. I think he would jump ship for a slightly better deal in a heartbeat.

Technically brilliant but a bit of an embarrassing wally. Grealish also seems to be cut from the willy puller estate agent template but in fairness is a much more accomplished player. I hate to say it but Villa look very good this season and I hope Maddison proves me wrong in the long term.

Maddison is clearly a good egg, the way he supported that young girl that sadly passed last year is a clear indication of this. However I do believe that football-wise he buys into his own hype and interest from Man Utd and he is not as good as he believes he is. Just comparing his legs to Grealish's and you can see who is putting in the hours in the gym to. Maddison is clearly class, but I just wish he would work that extra 10% to take him up to international levels, he's not there currently.

• Like 1

Grealish has found some consistency of late which he was lacking until now. He has pretty good ball control and directness. A bit of pace that Maddison lacks aswell.

He stands out more at Villa as he is head and shoulders better than everyone else around him. Maddison under B-rod from March-November 2019 was in great form but he's been surrounded by Vardy, Evans, Tielemans,Ricardo, N'didi etc.  On any given day we have 4 to 5 MOTM candidates in that 7/8 month spell in 2019. No offence to Villa but take Grealish out and there's not the same depth. He's always the star player for them.

Once JM regains a bit of fitness he should make a difference. Fernandes and Grealish have raised the stakes but I'd still say Maddison is a great player to have. 

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Just comparing his legs to Grealish's and you can see who is putting in the hours in the gym to. Maddison is clearly class, but I just wish he would work that extra 10% to take him up to international levels, he's not there currently

I'd like to think you're on the wind up but I fear not.

You're seriously comparing players legs as a benchmark to the effort they're putting in? It's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here for a while!

With that logic Lloyd Dyer must have been low in your book of how good footballs are with his pair of match sticks, and boy he was slow because of it too, wasnt he? 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd like to think you're on the wind up but I fear not.

You're seriously comparing players legs as a benchmark to the effort they're putting in? It's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on here for a while!

With that logic Lloyd Dyer must have been low in your book of how good footballs are with his pair of match sticks, and boy he was slow because of it too, wasnt he? 

I'm not on the wind up, but seriously, look at the calve muscles of Grealish compared to Maddison. I know that size of muscles isn't and indicator of skill, but it was just intended as an amusing illustration of one player putting in the effort to improve while another thinks he has 'made it', when 12 months ago both were considered England future attacking midfielders. Grealish has come on leaps and bounds, and if it wasn't for Southgate, he would be the driving force in the England midfield. Maddison has stagnated, admidiltly, having suffered injury setbacks.

I stand by my assertion that Grealish has worked hard to improve himself, to try and get that move to a major club and become a force for the England team, whereas Maddison has bought into his own hype, believes he is already at that level, and isn't as driven to improve as Grealish. Purely on football terms; Maddison is clearly a good person given his dedication to the supporting the team while out injured and his commitment to the local (Leicester) and hometown communities (Norwich).

As a Leicester fan for over 30 years, right now if I could magically swap Grealish for Maddison I would do it.

I know this is a Maddison thread and I am banging on about Grealish, but 12 months ago they were at the same level, and now one is clearly a level above the other. Unforutnately, it's not in our favour.

Given all of this, we have been decimated by significant injuries to our 5 best players, and the ability of the team has a significant impact on the performance of any one individual in that team.

Maybe it is all down to Jon Rudkin and the medical team we have in place, that has hampered Maddison's progress over the last 12 months.

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Grealish has found some consistency of late which he was lacking until now. He has pretty good ball control and directness. A bit of pace that Maddison lacks aswell.

He stands out more at Villa as he is head and shoulders better than everyone else around him. Maddison under B-rod from March-November 2019 was in great form but he's been surrounded by Vardy, Evans, Tielemans,Ricardo, N'didi etc.  On any given day we have 4 to 5 MOTM candidates in that 7/8 month spell in 2019. No offence to Villa but take Grealish out and there's not the same depth. He's always the star player for them.

Once JM regains a bit of fitness he should make a difference. Fernandes and Grealish have raised the stakes but I'd still say Maddison is a great player to have. 

Villa have significantly improved their squad since last season, whereas we have tried to plug a few holes that long term injuries to key first team players have created. Fully fit, our first team is great, but as alluded to in other threads on this board, we may not see our full strength first team in action this side of Christmas, and even then, our best players will all be coming back from 3-6 month injuries rather than playing at peak performance.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Possibly Spurs at home last season? Did he get the winner then? We won 2-1 if I recall..

I said it at the time but Villa have/had more match winners than us from midfield. Barkley/Grealish/McGinn all capable of scoring from long range which we lack. There's only really Maddison I'd back shooting from distance but overall I don't think we do it enough. Barkley shoots all the fvcking time - at Everton, at Chelsea, at Villa - from every angle. Wish we'd be more like it. Yes some fly over but some fly in too, or deflect anywhere. I will never criticize a player for going for goal and backing himself from long range.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Anyone hear Madders interview yesterday ? Spoke about how he is desperate to win trophies and how he believes Leicester’s squad is more then capable of winning things.

You then google Madders name and one of the first article is “Maddison warns Leicester he wants to win trophies”. No mention of his ambition to do it with Leicester just that he’s been linked with other clubs. Journalism seems at times like a really easy profession. 

Thats Why I Dont enjoy Reading the daily paper sport pages..They delibrately take statement out of context,Add & twist statements Then actually lie.

I am Happy to Read game reports,but its a sorry state that too many Sports columns are full of drivel and intended shit stirring. Its a shame because

amongst so much shit & drivel, there are actually Good Sports writers, writing excellent articles..but they get lost in the smoke & mirrors of sport delusional

nonsense writers....95% Osteriches....

I also find it amusingly hypocritical,when fans on here use the positive or negative Reviews & comments, to confirm their own agendas or opinions....

Even using the mis-quotes,to make & carry on year long  negative campaigns against certain players,or other sportsmen/women...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 19/10/2020 at 21:44, Anglodanglo said:

While I don't disagree Grealish is currently ahead, it's worth noting that in those 6 months Madders has had significantly less game time.

Stats from transfermarkt

The challenge Madders needs to embrace when fully fit is upping his consistency and influence. For me that's the difference why Grealish just edges it.

Grealish is the more natural athlete but madder has the mad skillz bruv. 

• Like 2

Madders has an amazing personality, obviously quite sensitive with touches of mania that makes him excited in what he does in the here and now and that's why he signed that new city contract because to him he's already committed to the club and doesn't need the PR. He's naturally devoted.

He'll be off at some point, but looking at him I dont really think he cares what the future holds just right now as long as he's happy which he clearly is. That's why he gives 100%.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 2

On 19/10/2020 at 21:44, Anglodanglo said:

Stats from transfermarkt

Greasy Grealish needs to keep on his feet a bit more he dives more than Tom Daley and that squeal come shout come cry when he went to ground when Castagne fairly took the ball off him not even touching Greasy in the process was hilariously embarrassing!!

I'm still nearly a week on getting Stick from a couple of Vile fans at work about their so called amazing Victory against us   😴😴😴😴Claiming it’s their year😴😴😴😴 and they’re going to win the premier League, nice to see them come crashing down to earth with a 3-0 loss to Leeds !!