Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bevan

Maddison

Ban him from playing in a deeper role, I can't emphasise enough how much him doing so restricts our capabilities as a team and him as a player. 

In this free role he looks direct, strong and difficult to mark. 

He is best when he has a point to prove, long may Southgate piss him off.

• Like 4

Great game from him last night. Some of his touches and quick turns were class.

for me though I just wish he would step aside occasionally and let others take a few free kicks/corners. I think BR needs to tell him that sometimes we have better options such as using a left footer to mix things up so we do not become too predictable. There were a couple of times last night where it was noticeable that Albrighton and Under in particular where preparing to take one and Maddison came over and took control. 

• Like 1

Echoing the sentiments of others, he was outstanding last night. Drifting between the lines he is so dangerous and he's another player that has benefitted a lot from this new system, it gets the best out of him. If we can ever put a team out with Barnes, Under, Vardy, Maddison, Tielemans, Castagne and Ricardo... that team can win a trophy! Too much quality. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ban him from playing in a deeper role, I can't emphasise enough how much him doing so restricts our capabilities as a team and him as a player. 

Indeed.  Southgate being thoroughly incompetent works in our favour. 

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is why I think he and Youri can work. Youri has almost perfect that deeper role in getting the ball and passing it up the pitch. I thought Youri was best as a no. 10 when he first joined but in a quick time Rodgers has changed his game and identified that Youri can flourish deeper. And this in turn allows Maddison the freedom further up the pitch closer to the attacks and in attacking moves. 

It's a really good blend along with other players on the pitch.

It's as if we finally have round pegs in round holes! 

Fantastic last night they couldn’t deal with him . My only gripe as others have said I do wish he’d let someone else take a free kick or corner occasionally just to get a differently delivery and mix it up a bit . Just needs to realise it’s not all about him all the time . 

• Like 1

He’s been pure class so far this year, on and off the pitch. Comes off so well in press conferences. intelligent, thoughtful, well spoken. The media are obsessed with this narrative that he’s arrogant which is just false. future captain material if he stays with us. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

They are players, that depends alot on close encounters balance, and creating their own & Team space...They are targetted & ist difficult to Stay on your feet

when you are being taken out or Stomped on..

Though it is Irritating & sometimes they go down ..lets say somewhat easier,  85% of the Time I do believe when tackled they are fouled & more difficult

to carry & Wear the tackle...Players, like Praet,Choudhury,Henderson,Noble,Ndidi,Rice  Run & Take the ball Technical different and are robust defending

their own space....Tielemans,Mount,Formino, are sort of in between...

..a deliberate ploy to go to ground, nothing to do with being tackled, just attempting to con the referee and it works most of the time!!!

Maddison going down under minimum contact draws lots of fouls for the team but I am still unhappy when it happens.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..a deliberate ploy to go to ground, nothing to do with being tackled, just attempting to con the referee and it works most of the time!!!

Maddison going down under minimum contact draws lots of fouls for the team but I am still unhappy when it happens.

He has been gold so far after coming off the injury. He's just a hard player for me to watch for the reasons you stated.

Having skills and speed are one thing and I'm appreciative. Sometimes I wish he would just "get on with it".

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

His shorts aren't tight enough to make a true comparison... 

What really matters is who has the best handbag and hairband though

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Far more balanced as team when he plays further forward. We had the idea last season that he could play central midfield as a no 8. It ended up affecting Youri’s game too 

Yeah, he is better further forward and as you say if he plays more central and deeper he reduces the effectiveness of Tielemans because: (1) Madders can want the ball too much and therefore taking the ball away from Tielemans; (2) Madders often takes a bit too long in releasing a pass; (3) his long passing is often not accurate (example - he attempted a long cross ball against Braga and it was way too high and short).

I really wish he can share the set piece duties. Why can he take them all? Is this because Rodgers has designated him or he just hogs them all? His corners are normally way too short and cannot clear first man. I really cannot stand watching his corners anymore when you have Albrighton, Tielemans and Under who can all take them on the pitch.

On 06/11/2020 at 12:46, sacreblueits442 said:

Me too, I find it really frustrating.

I thought he was very good today though, and he seems to have regained some form after a bit of a fall away last season. He is very good at receiving the ball in tight situations with a defender at his back, turning them and creating space for himself in front of the backline. Great to watch him do it time and again.

• Like 1