Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

For me that was more satisfying than winning 2-3. The players were asked o carry out a difficult task to keep it level to 60 minutes playing very deep, and then completely alter the style of play and go on the attack. I've seen comments that we were pinned back by arsenal but if say we were organised, set a trap and they fell straight into it, that could go down as one to remember, the question is could we have won it any other way? Possibly, but we've spared vardy from playing the full 90, eased under in who gains a bit more confidence, it really couldn't have gone any better for us imo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

For me that was more satisfying than winning 2-3. The players were asked o carry out a difficult task to keep it level to 60 minutes playing very deep, and then completely alter the style of play and go on the attack. I've seen comments that we were pinned back by arsenal but if say we were organised, set a trap and they fell straight into it, that could go down as one to remember, the question is could we have won it any other way? Possibly, but we've spared vardy from playing the full 90, eased under in who gains a bit more confidence, it really couldn't have gone any better for us imo. 

1st time we have ever won 1-0 in the PL under Rodgers yet some fans think he's negative.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Lets be honest chap, Arsenal had about 11 chances in the first 40 minutes and if just one of those has gone in, it would have been difficult to come back from.  We were terrible the first half.

Thrilled with a win and do take amusement in how shit house it was but don't particularly agree with all the fawning over a tactical masterclass. 

It was completely needless to give them that much of respect and with how many times they kept repeatedly passing it to us in dangerous areas, the game could have been three or four nil if we'd actually committed to having attacking players on the pitch. 

I felt it was sensible against Man City and as much as I was tearing my hair out at the start, I would agree that that WAS tactically astute. 

This was just a poor decision corrected well in the second half. 

• Like 3

Thing is about Arsenal away is they're a momentum side, they tend to do well against clubs like us when going a goal down because they're able to turn the heat up. Think title winning season & Shakey season opener of 17/18 season, we nick the lead nicely pretty early on and then get absolutely bombarded until they crack us.

By the time we scored this time they were frustrated, worn out and our defence felt pretty comfortable.

Amazing win though. Go on about playing a certain way and not enjoying it, if it works out works. One of my favourite teams of all time were Greece 04-12, they just loved defending and gave everything to protect their team and stiffle their opponents - if your amazing team can't do enough to score them you don't deserve to win, defence wins, there's a reason why strong defenders are usually the precursors of Champions :P.

Big win, get in

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

Lets be honest chap, Arsenal had about 11 chances in the first 40 minutes and if just one of those has gone in, it would have been difficult to come back from.  We were terrible the first half.

I don't think our full backs had the best game tonight, I love fuchs but he was a weak link, probably rusty from lack of game time. Their disallowed goal is one of those when is offside offside, they had that ball that fuchs had the high boot at, the top save from Kasper, but I can't recall any other times Kasper was troubled, we had our chances at the start of the game, vardys 1 in 1, under through but just had a poor touch. It was always going to be don't concede at any cost and if we get to 60 we'll have a go, who's to say if they had have scored we couldn't have altered it and got a result anyway. Rodgers now knows if can throw that curve ball against sides and it keeps them guessing. The more unpredictable we are the better we are I'd say. It's lovely seeing the so called big clubs that have the finances to freeze ozil out on £350k a week get suckered in a game like that, they just expect us to try and out attack them when they have lacazette, aubamyang and pepe. 

The manner of the performance was more impressive than the result. That was one of the most disciplined performances I've seen from us in a long time. We defended well and Arsenal ran out of ideas. We then injected some more direct attacking pace and goal threat to our front and grew into the game. Fantastically taken goal and a great delivery from Under - awareness of Vardy's run and a delivery that split and took out both the covering defender and the keeper. 

The fact we have now gone to the Eithad and the Emirates, adapted our system slightly (with a numerous key players out) and pulled out a win is hugely encouraging. Defensively, I think Castange and Fofana hugely increase our ability to deliver that type of performance alongside the existing defensive crop. Mendy and Tielemans also superb tonight. From lows of the West Ham and Villa defeats, bouncing back with a comfortable win in Europe and an excellent team performance to win a tough fixture in the league is hugely positive.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

I really don’t agree. 

That first half was really painful to watch.

I don’t like the style of play, or the tactics but a win is a win  and i’ll take that any day.

If we're at full strength with our squad, and we hadn't just come off 2 defeats, and playing at the emirates where we never win I'd have agreed with you. 

• Like 1