Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I think @StriderHiryu is one of the main people that would appreciate the tactical nous of what we did in that 2nd half. 

Our tactics became fairly inter-changeable in the 2nd half. I'm sure he can provide the graphics in good time :D 

Maddison went to the left, Barnes went in the middle to support Vardy a little, Mendy and Youri started finding a bit of extra space in the middle, even Castagne could get up a bit more. And then when Under came on it totally changed our mindset and perhaps belief grew that we could sneak something. It actually surprised me a bit that Arsenal reacted so slowly to our changes - maybe that's Arteta's naivety as a manager to not spot it? It just needed that one perfect pass and Youri provided it. Under found in acres of space, as was Vardy. Not an Arsenal defender in sight within 10 yards of Vardy? Even in totally different game scenarios Vardy rarely gets that much time!

image.thumb.png.0a57312bab6f28b48e267757c25dad2c.png

As much as Vardy and Under and Youri will get the plaudits for the goal, I think the defence really deserve some credit. Given a job, stuck to it. All the centre-backs to get close to the strikers. Don't give Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah barely given an inch to run in to or work their slick, quick passing they're usually famed for. We did ride our luck a bit when Lacazette missed an open goal and their offside goal, but it's the performance that made us deserve it. Fofana was class, very composed on the ball and aerially dominant, bonus that he would fancy a run up the wing like Soyuncu would at times lol

Fuchs, for all his ageing years and lack of regular game time, properly stepped up today as well. 

Tielemans and Mendy were very good. Up against a midfield that would pressure them a lot, especially in the first half. Perhaps they didn't perform that greatly in the first half because of that but 2nd half they did play with a bit more confidence and freedom. 

Said it a few times tonight but it wasn't pretty in any way (apart from the goal), but it was 100% effective. Rodgers and the whole team deserve the plaudits they get for pulling it off :appl:

Looks like it's time to make some room on the tactical bench for @StanSP! Nailed it with all of that analysis.

First 60 minutes we played 3 CBs so we had a man each for Aubameyang, Saka and Lacazette, and both wing backs could contain Bellerin and Tierney. Well for the most part as Bellerin and Tierney had good first halves. Arsenal got frustrated and ran out of ideas, losing David Luiz was probably the biggest turning point in the game as he was incredibly their most creative player, Dani Ceballos had a poor game. I's crazy to say that an Arsenal team lacks creativity after watching Wenger teams for so many years, but this team of theirs has nothing. Where are the Bergkamps, the Fabregas', the Carzolas, the Pires or even Ozil who has been frozen out. Arsenal have often lacked bottle but rarely lacked creativity, but they must look at players like Maddison, Tielemans and Praet with jealously. What a crazy sentence to write as a Leicester fan, considering how incredible that team was that went unbeaten and relegated us from the Premier League!

So then Arteta made changes and pushed his team up, and put Pepe on, and then to respond to that Rodgers almost immediately adjusted the team to have players operate in the spaces behind those full backs. Where did our goal come from? Tielemans plays the ball into the massive channel behind a full back into the pacy Under who does the rest.

Arteta made exactly the same mistake that Guardiola makes, and to an extent what Rodgers himself did last season. That's to say too much reliance on one tactical setup and too stubborn to change it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Lets be honest chap, Arsenal had about 11 chances in the first 40 minutes and if just one of those has gone in, it would have been difficult to come back from.  We were terrible the first half.

We weren’t terrible, it might have seemed that while watching, but the players executed Rodgers’ plan to perfection. We offered nothing going forward, but their offside goal aside, although they had 11 shots, nothing really troubled Kasper.

Brendan and Vardy both stated after the game that that was the plan all along, as they knew Vardy couldn’t play 90 mins.

my only query that remains is why Barnes was the lone striker for the first 69 minutes when surely Nacho or Slim could have offered more in that role before being subbed for Vardy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

We weren’t terrible, it might have seemed that while watching, but the players executed Rodgers’ plan to perfection. We offered nothing going forward, but their offside goal aside, although they had 11 shots, nothing really troubled Kasper.

Brendan and Vardy both stated after the game that that was the plan all along, as they knew Vardy couldn’t play 90 mins.

my only query that remains is why Barnes was the lone striker for the first 69 minutes when surely Nacho or Slim could have offered more in that role before being subbed for Vardy.

I have to agree with the initial post. We were terrible but I understood that was BR tactics and he went for it when we needed to and it showed firstly how important JV is to us and secondly that we are at our best in a 433 and width with Vardy.

Barnes was like a fish up a tree in the first half and we couldn’t keep hold of the ball. It was effectively attack vs defence and had arsenal scored , there’s no way we get back into it.

However 60 minute onwards we were fantastic to watch and Arsenal looked shell shocked.

Just shows how good we are when we actually show the teams no respect and go for it.

We almost set up giving teams a chance but then realise that they arnt that good or worth respecting and just put them to the sword.

Whilst I don’t mind in big away games for this to be a fair tactic, what I don’t like is when we do this vs teams who won’t expect to win, it plays perfect into the hands of the likes of West Ham, Villa, Wolves etc at home.

Vs Wolves at home next game, we can’t play in that way or they will sh*thouse a win vs us.

16 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

so the problem is their accuracy. If they had been more accurate they could have been out of sight by half time..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I really don’t agree. 

That first half was really painful to watch.

I don’t like the style of play, or the tactics but a win is a win  and i’ll take that any day.

It was a Great win over a club that many Despise !!

An arrogant self centred self righteous sh it hole of a club !!

Everyone talking like they were amazing. They crafted very little. Great from Rodgers but this "smash and grab" stuff is over the top. Especially when you look at the second half. 

This also shows you the fine lines. If they nicked it 1-0 they'd be more Rodgers out posts than I've had hot dinners on here.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I really don’t agree. 

That first half was really painful to watch.

I don’t like the style of play, or the tactics but a win is a win  and i’ll take that any day.

Agree. I can understand why fans are happy and I am too of course. But when we lose to the likes of West Ham the same fans will come back, complain and wonder why we can beat Man City and now Arsenal (luckily - if they converted any one of their half dozen first half chances the game would have been long gone) but we cannot beat West Ham and Villa. We are too negative to beat well organised teams that also know how to sit back or press. (Seems fans are forgetting the patterns of negativity shown during this entire 2020.) Mind you, we only managed 2 chances the whole game. Lucky we have Vardy to convert one of them!

Anyway, I hope it is really the start of us getting back on track.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Vardy is the ****ing goat. We may never have a player like him again. Genius. God. Scrawny little wonder. Weasel of goals.  Ferret of strikes.  Fox of the ****ing box.  Head of the headers.  He is our Messi.  Our Ronaldo.  Our Brazilian Ronaldo, our Zlatan, our ****ing genius of everything we could ever dream of.  JV.  JV.  Jamie V. Jamie Vardy.  Vards. Legend.

I certainly can't say it any better than that lol

It was a late afternoon match for me here and I was out and about at the time. I was trying my best to see as much of it as I could on my phone and of course checking in here to see how things were going.

I saw a goal come up and I had no idea Vards was even playing today, so when I saw that he had scored i thought "Only Vardy can score the winner without even playing!". 

The Legend continues....

:worship:

19 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Everyone talking like they were amazing. They crafted very little. Great from Rodgers but this "smash and grab" stuff is over the top. Especially when you look at the second half. 

This also shows you the fine lines. If they nicked it 1-0 they'd be more Rodgers out posts than I've had hot dinners on here.  

Exactly

Guest Markyblue

Fantastic win, vardy is untouchable as our greatest ever player, brendon masterclass, arsenal tv your boys took one hell of a beating, happy monday fellow city fans.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

1st time we have ever won 1-0 in the PL under Rodgers yet some fans think he's negative.

I’d imagine only winning three games in about 6 months sort of helped people form that opinion. Along with bringing in DM’s when drawing games against midtable teams, changing our team (one that got in the top 4 playing nice stuff), to combat teams in woeful form or mid table teams. Being slow to make attacking changes when they are clearly needed. I could probably go on.

Negative is strong, but he’s certainly overly cautious at times. But if we finish 5th every season he can do what the feck he wants.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’d imagine only winning three games in about 6 months sort of helped people form that opinion. Along with bringing in DM’s when drawing games against midtable teams, changing our team (one that got in the top 4 playing nice stuff), to combat teams in woeful form or mid table teams. Being slow to make attacking changes when they are clearly needed. I could probably go on.

Negative is strong, but he’s certainly overly cautious at times. But if we finish 5th every season he can do what the feck he wants.

He's not beyond criticism but even the 2 poor results against West Ham and Villa, I think we have been very impressive this season given the injuries and worry of the hangover from our capitulation.

That bottlejob won't be forgotten by some of our fans in a hurry and maybe thats fair enough but I'm trying to be rational and there's so many positive things this Rodgers regime has and is doing, he's just a victim of it being too good too soon and he would eat himself if he could persona.

Get Ndidi, Ricardo and Soyuncu back, get Vardy wrapped in cotton wool and Ünder up to full fitness and lets enjoy and be proud of this era.

Guest bss9401
5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Vardy is the ****ing goat. We may never have a player like him again. Genius. God. Scrawny little wonder. Weasel of goals.  Ferret of strikes.  Fox of the ****ing box.  Head of the headers.  He is our Messi.  Our Ronaldo.  Our Brazilian Ronaldo, our Zlatan, our ****ing genius of everything we could ever dream of.  JV.  JV.  Jamie V. Jamie Vardy.  Vards. Legend.

This has just made me ask myself for a moment how many goals Vardy might have scored if he'd been bought by R Madrid, Bayern, PSG or Barca and had been played as the main striker since 2014. How many goals would he have scored? 250 maybe?

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

You OK hun?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Enjoy it while you can! 

• Like 1

See Talkshite and the 'BIG 6' Press Gang and TV Pundits are all making such a very big deal of the Arsenhole's disallowed 'goal'. 

Did Project 'Big Stich-up' also include a clause stating that whenever a Big 6 Team score an off-side goal against any of the other EPL make-weight Teams, it shall not be disallowed by the officials? 

Pathetic...... and Artete is a huge Bell-end.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Our full team if we get the run of the green when it comes to injuries could actually have a go for the title. Its a shame we can't because Rodgers will over think a crucial game and in general our players seem unable to handle media hype around them.

The league is wide open this year it will go down to the last game of the season no reason why we cannot be among it.