Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Transfer targets 2020/21

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Lille are in dire financial straits partially due to the loss of the current Ligue 1 tv deal. I’m not familiar with a lot of their players but they have started this season well. Maybe there’s one or two we could target in the window,

If they are selling players, sven botman has been brilliant since arriving from ajax. Ikone and Bamba are also class but imagine they would be targeted by a few of the big teams. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

By the way, Yusuf Yazıcı has scored a couple of hat-tricks for them in the Europa League this season, including one against Milan. Being a Turkish attacking midfielder, he ticks a couple of boxes. Not sure about his style of play or if he'd fit in here, mind.

Yazici is incredible. Interestingly he features in one of the stats websites I follows “next gen talent” team.. he’s the oldest in there but still only 23.

He’d be a fantastic rotation option for Tielemans, but like you say, I think if we buy another midfielder it’ll be more of a combative one. 

• Thanks 1

It's a free website statsperform, so assuming i'm okay to copy a little @Mark?

Completing the midfield is Yusuf Yazıcı, who at 23-years-old just about matches my self-set criteria (phew!).

Yazıcı made his move to France from hometown club Trabzonspor in 2019 following three seasons of regular football in the Süper Lig. He has already clocked up over 10,000 minutes of first team action during his career and this season he has really started to fulfil the potential he has shown glimpses of previously.

According to Role Discovery, the Turkish international profiles as a Link Forward, which indicates that he looks to take up positions in central areas high up the pitch and drift into the half spaces to get on the ball. Once in possession, Link Forwards tend to move the ball into wide areas or into central positions ahead of them.  According to Yazıcı’s passing risk/reward profile, he tends to attempt passes which from a probability perspective are difficult to complete, as he is looking to open up the opposition defence and penetrate the penalty area.

The Lille man is a very technical player with a talented left foot. He strikes a ball really well, which is demonstrated by his willingness to shoot from distance. Back-to-back hattricks in the Europa League, against Sparta Prague and AC Milan respectively, have also enhanced his reputation.

Yazıcı possesses a unique ability to create an extra yard of space by being able to manipulate the ball to one side quickly, enabling him to get a shot on goal. He is a high-volume shooter from all areas, with his average shot distance being 19.3 yards. His shot map from his Europa League matches this season demonstrates this – based on the goal probability of his shot locations, he has managed to outperform his xG by 4.6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It's a free website statsperform, so assuming i'm okay to copy a little @Mark?

Completing the midfield is Yusuf Yazıcı, who at 23-years-old just about matches my self-set criteria (phew!).

Yazıcı made his move to France from hometown club Trabzonspor in 2019 following three seasons of regular football in the Süper Lig. He has already clocked up over 10,000 minutes of first team action during his career and this season he has really started to fulfil the potential he has shown glimpses of previously.

According to Role Discovery, the Turkish international profiles as a Link Forward, which indicates that he looks to take up positions in central areas high up the pitch and drift into the half spaces to get on the ball. Once in possession, Link Forwards tend to move the ball into wide areas or into central positions ahead of them.  According to Yazıcı’s passing risk/reward profile, he tends to attempt passes which from a probability perspective are difficult to complete, as he is looking to open up the opposition defence and penetrate the penalty area.

The Lille man is a very technical player with a talented left foot. He strikes a ball really well, which is demonstrated by his willingness to shoot from distance. Back-to-back hattricks in the Europa League, against Sparta Prague and AC Milan respectively, have also enhanced his reputation.

Yazıcı possesses a unique ability to create an extra yard of space by being able to manipulate the ball to one side quickly, enabling him to get a shot on goal. He is a high-volume shooter from all areas, with his average shot distance being 19.3 yards. His shot map from his Europa League matches this season demonstrates this – based on the goal probability of his shot locations, he has managed to outperform his xG by 4.6.

Gerrim the F in!

57 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Gerrim the F in!

Not sure how willing they would be to sell/he would be to move, regardless of financial sitch... has only been there a season

Having said that, they're hardly playing him in the league so he might be open to it.

Edited by AjcW

21 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Wow, it was only in August that they brought in Jonathan David for about €30m. How are they in that much trouble already and how was that signing sanctioned?

By the way, Yusuf Yazıcı has scored a couple of hat-tricks for them in the Europa League this season, including one against Milan. Being a Turkish attacking midfielder, he ticks a couple of boxes. Not sure about his style of play or if he'd fit in here, mind.

We were in for jonathan ikone in the summer. Big talent.

Honestly we need some bodies in for Jan- you cannot assume Ricardo will be back to his best for a long time and injuries to players like tielemans, Justin, fofana and wilf are gonna be inevitable as they're playing virtually every game. We've not had a fully fit squad for over a year now.

• Like 4

On 15/12/2020 at 23:33, Fox in the North said:

Lille are in dire financial straits partially due to the loss of the current Ligue 1 tv deal. I’m not familiar with a lot of their players but they have started this season well. Maybe there’s one or two we could target in the window,

Seen quite a bit of them this season. They have some excellent players, main ones who have impressed me are Renato Sanches (think he'd be unattainable though), Yusuf Yazici, Luiz Araujo, Jonathan Bamba, Jonathan Ikone and Boubakary Soumare (he may be unattainable also).

Conversely, thought Jonathan David has looked utter mince.

On 15/12/2020 at 23:55, ALC Fox said:

Wow, it was only in August that they brought in Jonathan David for about €30m. How are they in that much trouble already and how was that signing sanctioned?

He's a class act, they're best player from what I've seen, well him and Renato Sanches.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2020 at 07:46, North Leeds Fox said:

If they are selling players, sven botman has been brilliant since arriving from ajax. Ikone and Bamba are also class but imagine they would be targeted by a few of the big teams. 

Botman looked a bit of a nightmare in both games against us this season and he's had a ropey few games in Ligue 1 too when i've seen them. Has potential though but miles away from being EPL ready.

On 16/12/2020 at 08:46, AjcW said:

Yazici is incredible. Interestingly he features in one of the stats websites I follows “next gen talent” team.. he’s the oldest in there but still only 23.

He’d be a fantastic rotation option for Tielemans, but like you say, I think if we buy another midfielder it’ll be more of a combative one. 

He's a different type of player to Tielemans, more of a link man who plays a sort of number 10 role between midfield and attack. He likes to drift all across that area of the pitch and pick up the ball on both sides.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He's a different type of player to Tielemans, more of a link man who plays a sort of number 10 role between midfield and attack. He likes to drift all across that area of the pitch and pick up the ball on both sides.

How did he get on against you? 

We need left back cover for the 2nd half of the season, can't see either of Castagne or Ricardo playing regularly enough and I don't think we are doing Thomas any favours with his development, he needs a loan. Its not a popular player, but perhaps look at taking Danny Rose off Spurs on loan for 6 months. He's gonna be leaving them in the summer anyway and I'm sure they'd want him off their wage bill in Jan. As a squad player he might be useful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

We need left back cover for the 2nd half of the season, can't see either of Castagne or Ricardo playing regularly enough and I don't think we are doing Thomas any favours with his development, he needs a loan. Its not a popular player, but perhaps look at taking Danny Rose off Spurs on loan for 6 months. He's gonna be leaving them in the summer anyway and I'm sure they'd want him off their wage bill in Jan. As a squad player he might be useful.

Thomas should play more, he has looked very good at times this season.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thomas should play more, he has looked very good at times this season.

I agree, but it seems Rodgers doesn't want to put him in a back 4. Fuchs looked dead on his feet yesterday.

Having a natural, experienced left back with legs left in them would avoid situations like yesterday and maybe allow Justin to play in a 3 when we do revert to 3atb.

If he's no good, he's only on loan. If he's a decent squad option, he comes in on a free when Fuchs goes to America. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I agree, but it seems Rodgers doesn't want to put him in a back 4. Fuchs looked dead on his feet yesterday.

Having a natural, experienced left back with legs left in them would avoid situations like yesterday and maybe allow Justin to play in a 3 when we do revert to 3atb.

If he's no good, he's only on loan. If he's a decent squad option, he comes in on a free when Fuchs goes to America. 

I think that was because Evans was out. We would have had a back four with a combined age of about 21 and a midfielder filling in