Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds (Away) Match Thread - 02/11/2020

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In every post I've made so far I said it could and quite possibly would work. 

I'm not disputing the viability of doing this I'm stating a preference against it. It's ugly and cynical. 

I hate watching Wolves park the bus and smash it long to hope their two strikers beat teams alone but there's no doubt it works. 

Do you think it’s ugly at the moment? Because I see a team playing through the Leeds high press beautifully and almost toying with their back 4. Our attacking passing is almost surgical... Mendy is having a blinder, Praet has free reign of the pitch. Vardy just sublime. 

If I compared this type of counter attack to our 15/16 team, this is like the premium version of that tactic. It’s not just Drinkwater playing the 50 yard raking pass to Mahrez / Vardy, this is a team playing cultured football in a tactically brilliant way to totally nullify the opposition. 

I prefer our 4141 system but when this style works so well, we *should* use it. The counter attack didn’t do us too badly in 15/16 after all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1