Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Ndidi or Mendy?

On 17/12/2020 at 16:06, deanolegend1989 said:

He’s loved on this site better not say that 🙄.

What I don’t understand is why bring that up vs Everton? He was awful but no worse than he was in the other games. He doesn’t tackle, intercept, win headers and offers nothing going forward like we’ve always known, we can’t go through the midfield when he’s there.

He was poor last night but he has been even worse in other games. West Ham , Villa, Liverpool, Fulham and Wolves he was actually worse. Everton didn’t go through our middle as much as James was out so his limitations wernt shown up as much defensively.

Ive targeted him a lot and not targeted Fuchs as much despite being past it. Probably because I have a soft spot for Fuchs for obvious reasons. However the reality is, these 2 are far below the standard of the rest of the team.

Can I just ask why his performance last night has suddenly made you come to that conclusion? Did you not see the Brighton game last season? Or all the games I mentioned above?

You are still an obnoxious prat

• Like 1

Maybe but for someone to continuously slag off a player regardless of what he has played like is bordering on obsessiveness. Mendy isant as good as Ndidi even stevie Wonder can see that. However he has done well in the games that he has played or has given 100% to the cause. Mendy has played well in some games and as assisted goals. He has covered a position that  needed covering due to Ndidi being injured. I am ecstatic that Wilf is  back. But there is no need for a certain fanp to constantly slag Mendy off

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Maybe but for someone to continuously slag off a player regardless of what he has played like is bordering on obsessiveness. Mendy isant as good as Ndidi even stevie Wonder can see that. However he has done well in the games that he has played or has given 100% to the cause. Mendy has played well in some games and as assisted goals. He has covered a position that  needed covering due to Ndidi being injured. I am ecstatic that Wilf is  back. But there is no need for a certain fanp to constantly slag Mendy off

I’m not ‘slagging’ Mendy off. I’m saying what I think, that he is not good enough.

You can throw around ‘he’s played well’ all you like but that doesn’t say what he actually offers or what he actually does, it’s a throw away comment and one that I strongly disagree with and doesn’t mean he has in fact actually done anything.

He doesn’t do anything , he trots around and he hasn’t got the ability to do anything with the ball. Our team always look up and know they can’t go through the midfield. When he gets it he can’t pass anything more than 2 yards backwards.

He can’t tackle or intercept, as backed up by his statistics and he hasn’t won a header since the day he was born. He is a waste of a place and when he plays we are effectively playing with 10 men, especially when we have to chase a game.

You can throw about ‘anyone can see Wilf is better’ yet it wasnt long ago that people also through around ‘Wilf will struggle to get in over Mendy when he comes back’ and ‘he’ll give a selection headache’ but now Wilf has come back and been a boss people on here suddenly accept he’s miles better, like they didn’t know that already 🤦‍♂️.

Its not even a case of comparing him with Wilf because it’s embarrassing. 
He’s stepped in and, on the whole, been absolutely awful and shown up to be what he is.

When Wilfs been out, we’ve always been saying Madders or Praet, when in reality we’d do better if Praet was in place of Mendy and had a 3 of Madders in front of Praet and Youri. Praet is miles above Mendy too.

Even Hamza , whose barely played is far better than him. Has contributed more interceptions and tackles than Mendy in much less time.

Can you tell me what Mendy actually does In a game? That would be a good start rather than throwing insults because someone doesn’t agree with your opinion.

If Mendy plays vs Spurs, Lump your life savings on Spurs to score first and us to never come back even if we played until 2022.

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

As everyone else has said, Wilf. But you're not going to get better CDM cover than Mendy in the league.

(Genuinely - how many teams do have better cover in that position?)

🤣🤣. how many teams have better CDM cover? The better question is how many teams would Mendy get in and improve them? Not one.

I can’t be bothered to go through every team, but let’s go with the few weve played currently, Everton. Allan and Docoure are literally on another planet. The sub Gomes, miles better than him too.

Spurs, Sissoko, Ndombole, Hoijburg? All on another planet. Even Winks is much better.

Leicesters Praet and Hamza are much better than him too.

He offers nothing, he’s as limited as you get. In fact he’s lucky he’s played in our team. Because he can get away with being carried as we have class around him, like a striker who we conversion rate is sky high and before the Sheffield Utd game, only Burnley had created less chances.

Even Sheffield Utd had created more than us!! If he was playing for Sheffield Utd he wouldn’t be able to get away with how poor he is because they can’t finish and so wouldn’t be somehow 4th as they don’t have the quality in the rest of the team to knick games and cover over the weakness to some extent.

We beat Arsenal, Wolves and Sheffield Utd all by a late(or early joke of a pen) goal from our better than 1 in 2 striker that papers over the huge cracks.

24 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He doesn’t do anything. 

You can throw about ‘anyone can see Wilf is better’. 

🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣Allan and Docoure are literally on another planet. 

1) Why not message him all your constructive criticism on Twitter? 

2) Only one person throwing anything about in this debate 

3) Which one? Is this allowed? 

Some people are deluded in the way they believe we can have a the first 11 that we do which is generally quality, and then a back-up player for each position who is no worse than the player he is replacing. We are Leicester ffs, top quality players are not going to come here to sit on our bench

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’m not ‘slagging’ Mendy off. I’m saying what I think, that he is not good enough.

You can throw around ‘he’s played well’ all you like but that doesn’t say what he actually offers or what he actually does, it’s a throw away comment and one that I strongly disagree with and doesn’t mean he has in fact actually done anything.

He doesn’t do anything , he trots around and he hasn’t got the ability to do anything with the ball. Our team always look up and know they can’t go through the midfield. When he gets it he can’t pass anything more than 2 yards backwards.

He can’t tackle or intercept, as backed up by his statistics and he hasn’t won a header since the day he was born. He is a waste of a place and when he plays we are effectively playing with 10 men, especially when we have to chase a game.

You can throw about ‘anyone can see Wilf is better’ yet it wasnt long ago that people also through around ‘Wilf will struggle to get in over Mendy when he comes back’ and ‘he’ll give a selection headache’ but now Wilf has come back and been a boss people on here suddenly accept he’s miles better, like they didn’t know that already 🤦‍♂️.

Its not even a case of comparing him with Wilf because it’s embarrassing. 
He’s stepped in and, on the whole, been absolutely awful and shown up to be what he is.

When Wilfs been out, we’ve always been saying Madders or Praet, when in reality we’d do better if Praet was in place of Mendy and had a 3 of Madders in front of Praet and Youri. Praet is miles above Mendy too.

Even Hamza , whose barely played is far better than him. Has contributed more interceptions and tackles than Mendy in much less time.

Can you tell me what Mendy actually does In a game? That would be a good start rather than throwing insults because someone doesn’t agree with your opinion.

If Mendy plays vs Spurs, Lump your life savings on Spurs to score first and us to never come back even if we played until 2022.

🤣🤣. how many teams have better CDM cover? The better question is how many teams would Mendy get in and improve them? Not one.

I can’t be bothered to go through every team, but let’s go with the few weve played currently, Everton. Allan and Docoure are literally on another planet. The sub Gomes, miles better than him too.

Spurs, Sissoko, Ndombole, Hoijburg? All on another planet. Even Winks is much better.

Leicesters Praet and Hamza are much better than him too.

He offers nothing, he’s as limited as you get. In fact he’s lucky he’s played in our team. Because he can get away with being carried as we have class around him, like a striker who we conversion rate is sky high and before the Sheffield Utd game, only Burnley had created less chances.

Even Sheffield Utd had created more than us!! If he was playing for Sheffield Utd he wouldn’t be able to get away with how poor he is because they can’t finish and so wouldn’t be somehow 4th as they don’t have the quality in the rest of the team to knick games and cover over the weakness to some extent.

We beat Arsenal, Wolves and Sheffield Utd all by a late(or early joke of a pen) goal from our better than 1 in 2 striker that papers over the huge cracks.

So tedious

• Like 1

It's the same reaction as other players. He gets wildly overrated by some fans which is unwarranted and thus the reaction is wildly over the top criticism which as equally is unwarranted.

Mendy has filled in well, but it's clear we've missed Ndidi - especially in recent weeks. But Mendy is a good back up player and you're never going to get great players sit on your bench.

However, some on here massively overrated his performances saying he's been our player of the season so far and is better than Ndidi, which is obviously a load of bull.

That then causes others seeing this load of bull to swing too far the other way in reaction to that saying he's been shit and is not good enough, which is equally a load of bull.

You can see exactly the same pattern of the swing between being way too overhyped to being way too over-criticised for the likes of Barnes and Maddison as well. Reaction to Chilwell and Maguire used to follow the same pattern as well.

Edited by Sampson

20 hours ago, Walkers said:

Some people are deluded in the way they believe we can have a the first 11 that we do which is generally quality, and then a back-up player for each position who is no worse than the player he is replacing. We are Leicester ffs, top quality players are not going to come here to sit on our bench

So annoying. When people say "if you take xxx out of our side we'd be shit" - it can literally be applied to every side apart from Liverpool/Man City.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Walkers said:

Way too much common sense in your post :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

Lots off good performances in that game but Wilfs influence alone was the key factor in that game.

Broke up play, first to any loose balls, making blocks and good distribution.

Having him there just makes us better 

Edited by martyn