Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Benny got shedloads of criticism on here , mostly for his defensive game which to be honest is fairly modest. He is though a very dangerous attacking player who regularly finds goalscoring positions. Luke may never have that ability but defensively he looks well on the way to being a really sound player just what we need.At the moment though JJ has a broader range of abilities so Luke will remain an understudy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Tbh, I have a little sympathy with the two posters who've raised a question mark. 

I thought he played very safe and looked a little over concentrated. 

I'm not totally sold on him yet but a long way to go. I wasn't sold on Chilwell at 19. With extra euro games next season, a loan isn't viable. He'll be needed much in the same capacity as he's been used this season

I wasn't sold on Chilwell at 23...

• Haha 1

Rogers will need a full compliment of players next season to challenge for in all competitions. There will need to be lots of discussion by upper management as to where the priorities lie. We will need two left backs in the squad so  decisions will have to be made. We have seen that Ricardo needs time & can expect similar with JJ.

48 minutes ago, happy85 said:

The Althetic reporting Leicester looking to bring in a left back 

Thomas will go on loan next season 

hmmm not sure that's what is said

more need a replacement for fuchs, will assess what's best for thomas in the summer

Likely won’t have Justin back properly until end of this year/start of 2022, and even then we have seen what that kind of injury can do to a player with Ricardo

Next season until probably January we would only have Ricardo, Castagne, and Thomas, would make sense to get someone like Bertrand in for short term but Thomas should definitely stay as he would get plenty of game time

Absolutely no problem with putting faith in him to step up, plenty of other teams bring through youth players who haven’t been out on loans and play them regularly, no reason we can’t do the same with him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

People are so stupidly cavalier about loans here - you don't loan players this young yet this involved. We're going to need a deeper squad next season and have homegrown requirements for the CL (yes I said it) he's nailed on to stay and be involved. Further who knows how JJ will be upon return - it may take awhile to get back up to speed like Ricardo. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, happy85 said:

The Althetic reporting Leicester looking to bring in a left back 

Thomas will go on loan next season 

It wouldn't surprise me if we brought in a left footer as a starting left back but keeping Thomas as back up. This would leave Castagne and Ricardo to fight it out for the right back spot with plenty of opportunities to rotate in the Champs League/Europa League fixtures. This would also give JJ time to recover and build up a really good level of base fitness etc rather than being pressured into rushing him back/overplayed like we've had to with Ricardo.  

Difficult to judge against a really poor West brom side. But he just gave us much better balance being left footed. Timmy looks so much more comfortable on the right as well.

Certainly thing it has shown we need a naturally left footed player on that side. Wouldn't be against signing someone for a 1st team spot but Thomas should stay here as there will be plenty of games again with 3 Cup competitions so he will get playing time.

Maybe once jj is back you consider a loan to a side where he is likely to play every week. But not for me at this moment.

16 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There is no doubt that Thomas is far better than Chilwell was at this stage 

Agree. Even as of now, I would start him (and any of our other fullbacks) over Chilwell. Chilwell just slows down play and affects the whole team, and he can’t defend.

• Like 2

I think a loan next season to a team with the right philosophy would benefit both Leicester and Thomas.  With a full season of games, he would be our starting left back the season after next 

He has done brilliantly.  Wonderful that he came through the City academy.

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

I think a loan next season to a team with the right philosophy would benefit both Leicester and Thomas.  With a full season of games, he would be our starting left back the season after next 

He has done brilliantly.  Wonderful that he came through the City academy.

A player like Thomas should only be loaned to a premiership team , the championship would not help him at all. He needs to play with quality players.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A player like Thomas should only be loaned to a premiership team , the championship would not help him at all. He needs to play with quality players.

Disagree.

At his age he would get more out of playing 40 competitive games in the championship than a struggling prem team.

why is everyone so keen to loan him out? Yes he is young but he has already shown that he can cut it. If you are good enough, you are old enough as the old adage says.

He has played several PL and EL games, even weighing in with his first goal. 

Many were saying that JJ was not good enough and needed time to develop, but due to circumstances he got thrown in at the deep end and did his developing on the job so to speak, to the point where, until his injury he was a serious contender for player of the season. A decent run in the side shows what a player can do. Look at Nacho, Little Wes as well as JJ for proof of that.

Give him his chance and then judge.

• Like 2