Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

I would like to see some more crossing from him and ability to beat a man, as that's what the best fullbacks often offer. At 19 though, he is looking very special. Can't wait to see him and Harvey linking up again as that is some of the best stuff I have seen from him 

35 minutes ago, KFS said:

Just watched that goal back again. Absolute corker. You can tell he’s really focused on picking his spot. Made up for him.

....his shout to Vardy his technique and the composure to not go with power in that situation!!!

Taking the pace off the shot is the biggest thing, Barnes is a player who chooses power because he does not have the belief in himself. If he has this composure now it is a great sign for his eventual development. 

Pushing forward and turning to play backwards is something that Chilwell did and is an area I felt he should have worked on, he makes better decisions in that scenario now as he now attacks the box.

What we do not want is for Thomas to fall into that negative aspect of play and look to attack the box, while he has gone so far up the pitch, he has got to be confident that he has cover and seek to add a threat in that position. 

11 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Really I stand by my comments , he has been poor going forward and yes it since Barnes stopped playing , but why play him if all his job is to play backwards , he is a find player just saying we need to go forward to win games and since Barnes got hurt he has been poor . 

I bet you're the kind of fan who sits there and everytime a player plays the ball backwards or sideways to keep ball moving you moan, but then when they play it forward when there's no ball on and it gets intercepted or gets played into space, you call them useless for losing the ball.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our ability to sell our 'best' (The media's interpretation, not ours) assets season after season, and replace them with ready made, better players is absolutely unbelievable. 

This guy is the real deal with the ball at his feet. He's still a teenager so definitely got some sharpening up to do defensively, but he's so clever - I bet Brendan loves him. 

So happy for him. Scoring for your boyhood club at Old Trafford and having the club's greatest player run over to you to celebrate with you, after shouting at him to leave it! Stuff dreams are made of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not enough noise about just how good his goal was last night.

For your first premier league goal, that is a very, very good finish. 

Brilliant goal, so tempting to swing your leg at that but he had the awareness to know that accuracy was the best way and got the power from the ball coming from the other direction. Excellent choice and technique.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He's also got much better talent with the ball at his feet than BC  has. Better touch, better passing, better at spotting a pass as well. That and crossing not far off Sharky. 

That was apparent on his debut that he offered so much more than Chilwell with quality passes into the box. Picking out passes rather than an aimless putting the ball into an area.

He was so high up the pitch last night for his goal and steamed into the box, it's so important if you want to be a top team to have full backs who are attacking threats.

• Like 1

There's very little hype with this lad, which makes him all the more impressive in my opinion. Just going about his business and quietly improving.

Reminds me much more of a late 90's early 2000's full back who were really good players but a bit different to the clichéd modern full back that's become very hipster but is just a posh way of turning a blind eye to defending and being reliable in exchange for being rapid and highly erratic.

Keep it up Luke

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Brilliant goal, so tempting to swing your leg at that but he had the awareness to know that accuracy was the best way and got the power from the ball coming from the other direction. Excellent choice and technique.

Does that co-commentator suggest Vardy might go for goal himself? What's he expecting him to do, grow about 6 feet lol

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, KFS said:

Just watched that goal back again. Absolute corker. You can tell he’s really focused on picking his spot. Made up for him.

Being our first team left back is a very realistic ambition for him now. Even more so if we go back to a back 4 

When JJ is fit and Ricci is up to speed , we have four really sound full backs of which two JJ and Castagne are decent wing backs. JJ is as good on the left as on the right. Do we really need to spend £30 m on Gosens. Surely we can get by until everybody is fit.

• Like 1

Do you know what I like most about Luke Thomas? His attitude. He seems like a normal lad, who stays out of the media, has a proper haircut, doesn't prance around thinking he's the dogs bollocks off the pitch and doesn't go round hugging opposition players. He has the minerals to go right to the very top with us. Shift Maddison and Choudhury this summer to leave no more bad examples to follow.