Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

This was Thomas one of his better games although fault for there goal but I like Ricky to come back 

Funny that, the match thread was fuming at Soyuncu and Schmeichel for the goal. Sure, Thomas lost the duel, but Greenwood went by four defenders as if they weren't there.
I'm intrigued you'd want Riccy back right now. He's been so far off the pace and I wouldn't trust him currently. We likely won't see him back in usual form until next season *fingers crossed*

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, happy85 said:

This was Thomas one of his better games although fault for there goal but I like Ricky to come back 

Lost the initial duel with Diallo but then there were chances for Soyuncu to deal with Greenwood and stop him from getting his shot away, and then Kasper was very poor for the shot

Incredibly harsh to say that he was at fault for the goal.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, shen said:

Funny that, the match thread was fuming at Soyuncu and Schmeichel for the goal. Sure, Thomas lost the duel, but Greenwood went by four defenders as if they weren't there.
I'm intrigued you'd want Riccy back right now. He's been so far off the pace and I wouldn't trust him currently. We likely won't see him back in usual form until next season *fingers crossed*

Agreed; Mark is playing really well. He may not be our best player but we are a better team when he is on the pitch. He has earned a place at Wembley.

• Like 2

I gave him MOM. A couple of great balls down the line to Vards, looked decent in position and gave us balance. That goal was brilliant. I cant think of many players who can side foot it into the top corner!!!!. Its harsh to say he was at fault for the goal but Im sure Brendan will be telling him to clear it out next time. The fact that Caglar and friends were done again makes them more culpable than LT.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lost the initial duel with Diallo but then there were chances for Soyuncu to deal with Greenwood and stop him from getting his shot away, and then Kasper was very poor for the shot

Incredibly harsh to say that he was at fault for the goal.

Yea I thought he recovered well, got in a good position and did he job. How Greenwood was allowed to run into the box and fire his shot off with no one near him was criminal.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s gonna be pure mustard!

He has really high potential, much higher than Chilwell IMO.

To give credit to Chilwell, he had an incredible engine and could get up and down all day long. Under Tuchel, I think he will become a very good player for Chelsea and well he will be playing in two cup finals already which is impressive going. But I've always felt his decision making is very poor and he needs to be part of a structured system where he only needs to execute rather than think. That's not a criticism per se, as Liverpool won the title with many players who fit that mould, but it is a limitation. Thomas by comparison does not have that sort of engine and I think throughout his career will struggle a bit with the physicality of the modern game. But his decision making is top notch, and you can tell he both has a footballing brain and good technique.

Ashley Cole was not the most physical left back I've ever seen, but he certainly was one of the best! I don't think Thomas can ever hit those heights, but I see certain similarities between the two players.

It will be interesting to see if we sign Gosens in the summer. I really, really rate the Atalanta LWB, he's actually one of my favourite players across Europe right now because of his attitude and ability. But Thomas is a good player, and would probably be a starter for a bottom 5/6 club in the Premier League next season already despite his age.

Let's hope the Tank Engine continues full steam ahead!

thomas.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

His best performance in the wing back role to date. Played a couple of lovely balls into the channels for Vardy to run onto as well. I actually thought he slipped/lost his footing for first goal but should've been stronger in the challenge.  

• Like 1

Thomas is not one of our best players, but he is a genuine LB, and the whole round peg in round holes often trumps putting a "better" player out of position. 

I would still like him to attack more and pass forward, rather than 90% of the time turning and passing back, but he is 19! What a goal too, no one could have hit that any better. Loved his interview too. Like that he had the dig about "people" doubting the team etc. 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I was going to suggest a drinking game. I’d get trashed on five shots in two minutes though. To be fair, on the third question, he didn’t even bother with the “yeah”: just started his answer with the word “no” and then continued into his sentence. I think the question was something like “isn’t it good to be third?” too. 

Did you notice that BR did the "yeah..no" as well in the post match interview. Obviously making a big impression on Luke.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mint23 said:

I’ve said it many times before - and I don’t mean to be rude to people but....people that think he’s negative and offers nothing going forward don’t really know a lot about football. Thomas has only been playing it back inside ever since Barnes has been out injured because we have no width ahead of him, he’s fantastic on the overlap creating space with Barnes. If you compare this to what we watched with Chilwell he’s so much better in attack than Chilwell ever was who would pass back to the centre halves even with Barnes ahead and space to drive into. 

Really I stand by my comments , he has been poor going forward and yes it since Barnes stopped playing , but why play him if all his job is to play backwards , he is a find player just saying we need to go forward to win games and since Barnes got hurt he has been poor . 

4 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Really I stand by my comments , he has been poor going forward and yes it since Barnes stopped playing , but why play him if all his job is to play backwards , he is a find player just saying we need to go forward to win games and since Barnes got hurt he has been poor . 

Facepalm Really GIF - Facepalm Really Stressed GIFs

• Like 1