Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

When JJ is fit and Ricci is up to speed , we have four really sound full backs of which two JJ and Castagne are decent wing backs. JJ is as good on the left as on the right. Do we really need to spend £30 m on Gosens. Surely we can get by until everybody is fit.

Exactly what I was thinking. If we play 4 at the back we've got 3 top CB's as well, if we are getting Soumare we can prioritise right-wing and forward.

Really pleased for our kid he took his goal well. could have done better against greenwood for the goal but he lost his footing. he seemed really excited in his post match interview so will be up for it on Saturday. we need his youthful energy

6 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Do you know what I like most about Luke Thomas? His attitude. He seems like a normal lad, who stays out of the media, has a proper haircut, doesn't prance around thinking he's the dogs bollocks off the pitch and doesn't go round hugging opposition players. He has the minerals to go right to the very top with us. Shift Maddison and Choudhury this summer to leave no more bad examples to follow. 

He's got the perfect role model in Albrighton then. We do like a head down, hard working type of player, who doesn't sulk, don't we?

• Like 2

Luke Thomas is at the age where a loan at a top championship side playing 36 games could really turn him into a real top player. Yeah be great having him around the first team next year but if he’s not playing it’s hindering his development at his age and by the sounds of we want a player like Gosens for next season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Luke Thomas is at the age where a loan at a top championship side playing 36 games could really turn him into a real top player. Yeah be great having him around the first team next year but if he’s not playing it’s hindering his development at his age and by the sounds of we want a player like Gosens for next season.

With JJ back we've probably enough depth to be looking at loan for him but he might have outgrown a lot of the clubs in the championship. 

I'm assuming we will be playing Champions League next season as well as challenging for the league & cups. This means we will need two quality players for each position at a minimum. I don't see Thomas goin anywhere !

22 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder now if there are still people on here wanting to ship him out on loan?

Up until now, I have thought a loan would suit Leicester and Thomas because of the quality of our other players.  However, Thomas is now sometimes picked ahead of Ricardo.  His goal showed class worthy of a top league.  

Now I am wavering.   A loan could be useful but he may have moved beyond it.   

I am interested in seeing if he starts on Saturday.   It would be great to have a Leicester supporting academy product in the team.  

It looks like two of our academy products could start at left wing back in the FACup final.   Could be crazy stat time

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm assuming we will be playing Champions League next season as well as challenging for the league & cups. This means we will need two quality players for each position at a minimum. I don't see Thomas goin anywhere !

This is key... our squad need to be bigger... no one should be going anywhere

On 12/05/2021 at 09:24, mozartfox said:

I wonder now if there are still people on here wanting to ship him out on loan?

I do, because I want what's best for him and the club. He needs to be playing most weeks to gain experience. If he's going to be playing 30 odd games for us next season, fair enough, if he's just going to get the odd Cup game then we should loan him out. 

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

I do, because I want what's best for him and the club. He needs to be playing most weeks to gain experience. If he's going to be playing 30 odd games for us next season, fair enough, if he's just going to get the odd Cup game then we should loan him out. 

He's played 22 times for us this season.  There's no reason to expect him to just get the odd cup game next season, especially now that some kind of European football is all but guaranteed. 

I think that Championship football would be a backward step and that his development is best served by staying in and around the first team here.  I think we will need him too.

Just now, murphy said:

He's played 22 times for us this season.  There's no reason to expect him to just get the odd cup game next season, especially now that some kind of European football is all but guaranteed. 

I think that Championship football would be a backward step and that his development is best served by staying in and around the first team here.  I think we will need him too.

The Europa league isn't the same as the Champions league, higher standard and a lot more money at stake. 

If he's going to get lots of game time fair enough, otherwise I don't think it's fair to keep him here and not play him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The Europa league isn't the same as the Champions league, higher standard and a lot more money at stake. 

If he's going to get lots of game time fair enough, otherwise I don't think it's fair to keep him here and not play him.

It would more likely be that if Thomas was here next season he would be the one playing in the league games before/after the Champions League matches where we would rotate our squad, where as Gosens (or whoever is our first choice left back next season) would be playing the Champions League games

1 hour ago, murphy said:

....the reason why he has had so much game time is due to our lack of first team cover in that department!!!

This is not to say that he is not good enough, just he will be better served playing week in and week out for a championship team. I am sure he would be excited to be playing next season irrespective of where we will be playing in Europe, but for his genuine development he should go out on loan. He may view it as a setback and it may affect his loan spell, but if we can only offer cup games here and there then it is the right thing to do.

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Dangerous assumption!!!!!