Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

Don't underestimate how important that kind of facility is for a club like Leicester. The next few Wesley Fofanas, players with seriously bright futures looking for the club that takes them to the next level, whether that's by progressing the club itself (hopefully) or by moving to a top, elite club, comes to England to see the clubs fighting for their signature. That facility will cement the choice of us over the West Hams, Southamptons, even Evertons. It keeps us firmly on the coattails of the Liverpools and Man Utds. You can absolutely see why a young player would want to come and train in that facility.

29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not like every other club trains in a school gym. Wages will always be the biggest draw for any player. 

It helps. We were training in a shithole, now we're on par with the best. It might not be top of the list, but the old place might have put players off.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

People go on about London and bigger cities! As a footballer would you want to be out on the st getting harassed all the time. I don’t get the pull of a city full of willy pullers and terrorist attacks. 

If you are unbelievable rich and young you would want to be living in London and Manchester. That's why demand for property there is so high. They are a class above the rest of the country in almost every way for that demographic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

It's not like every other club trains in a school gym. Wages will always be the biggest draw for any player. 

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wages, location and manager will continue to be bigger pulls

25 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If you are unbelievable rich and young you would want to be living in London and Manchester. That's why demand for property there is so high. They are a class above the rest of the country in almost every way for that demographic. 

This is all true, but the new training ground still helps us. Players will be more willing to join us now than they would have without the new training ground. It's a case of us at Seagrave vs us at Belvoir Drive, not us vs anyone else.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

This is all true, but the new training ground still helps us. Players will be more willing to join us now than they would have without the new training ground. It's a case of us at Seagrave vs us at Belvoir Drive, not us vs anyone else.

Oh I totally agree, I was merely responding to the comment that London was full of 'willy pullers' and 'terror attacks' and that it's shit. The training ground will certainly be a pull for signings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

People go on about London and bigger cities! As a footballer would you want to be out on the st getting harassed all the time. I don’t get the pull of a city full of willy pullers and terrorist attacks. 

A player is much more likely to be recognised and bothered for a photo in Leicester than in central London.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Personally London’s a shit hole and not a fan! So that’s why I don’t get the fuss of being there tbh. But each to there own 

There’s a lot of choice in London if you have money and you won’t get bothered by anyone basically because you won’t be anywhere near the general public. 

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

Wages is often the number one priority, but there's then plenty of other factors. This will give us the edge when competing with the majority of the PL whom we match on wages anyway. I guarantee that one of the first things any new prospective player says when they have joined is about the new facilities. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

132028451_3624659090955106_3189901507703

I think it's great we're giving back more to the community by having a learning facility at the training ground. Having a reception class will be great to get the kids involved and hopefully find the future stars! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Personally London’s a shit hole and not a fan! So that’s why I don’t get the fuss of being there tbh. But each to there own 

Maybe if you live in tower hamlets but if you live in a town house in Chelsea or Kensington and only stay around west London and central London/soho it is a lovely place to live and work. The issue for us regular people is that is an unachievable dream but for professional footballers that is more than possible.